Sponsored

Excited new Owner/Member! (long post warning, sorry haha)

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 502a Super Cab ordered, 2019 GT350
Hello everyone!

Just took delivery of a 2019 Ford Performance Blue GT350 with 942 miles on the odometer!

I have been casually looking (for either a loaded low mileage 2017 GT premium PP, or more recently, because a friend kept pushing me, a 2019/20 GT350) for the last year or so while living in Hawaii awaiting my work transfer date to move back home to Minnesota the end of this month. Not a whole lot to be found in the midwest, but had a retired friend of a friend with an enclosed car trailer and truck and free time to go anywhere out and back to pick something up for me.

A couple nice GT's popped up, but with prices on the rise and 800-1200 miles away... transport cost was pushing the price to at or over original MSRP prices, so that kindof slowed my search, but didn't stop it.

About three weeks ago, I got home late from work and opened the computer to have a look and holy cow! a "new arrival" 2019 GT350 appeared In the Minneapolis metro area! couldn't be real I thought! no pictures and it was 11pm in Hawaii so 3am in Minneapolis, can't call anyone. I went to the dealer site and they had the window sticker available...It was The EXACT car I was wanting with the exception that I liked the white stripes, and this one had black. (digging the black stripes now tho!)

Needless to say, I couldn't sleep and 3 am rolled around in Hawaii and I called the dealership the minute they opened and asked for some photos and information. Salesman said no problem, got back to me and shortly after, It looked flawless as id imagined it would having less than 1,000 miles on it. It still had the production tags all over the car and the owners kit and crank model was complete and in the trunk to round it off. I told the salesman id like to have someone come out and take a look at it for me and he suggested I put a deposit on it, so I did.

I called a local Minneapolis car broker that was referred by my cousin several months back and who I had spoken to on previous cars I was looking at to just pick his brain on buying a car over the phone as I've never done that sort of thing and wanted to have all the knowledge of the right things to ask for and look for going into a deal. I was able to talk him into running over that morning and the dealer agreed to put it up on a lift so he could get a good look at it all around. That all went well and they had a pretty good chat after "just b/s-ing talking about cars" he said. He looked at the auction sales around the country and said the pricing was right in line with everything else and "If you don't buy it, I'm going to"

Made the deal and had to wait for the paperwork to cross the Pacific twice and once all that was set, arranged to have my dad pick it up this morning.

So here it is! I won't get to drive it for another couple of weeks, so for now, I can just stare at the pictures and dream haha
IMG_4673.jpeg

IMG_4674.jpeg

IMG_4676.jpeg

IMG_4677.jpeg

IMG_4679.jpeg

01 - 1.jpeg

IMG_4687.jpeg

tempImageFrejgJ.png

01 - 1 (1).jpeg

4A4C523E-D775-44FD-A4BA-23EFF5C65C92_1_201_a.jpeg

CB413C67-4289-443A-A798-91952EA1AE13.jpeg

C205AFC8-C614-4BA7-8986-3678A5DFD6D8.jpeg

BF18B9FE-DDA2-4AE3-A0F0-92E721544D5F.jpeg

D6C238F9-06AC-4365-9817-9483190C6555.jpeg
Sponsored

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Sweet! Cool story. Enjoy the forum and your great new car!

Last edited:

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
My dream car, beautiful!

Sponsored

Minuteman3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 EXPLORER ST
Beautiful car and what looks like a heck of a "deal."

However, was there any kind of explanation how a desirable car had less than 1,000 miles (and possibly out of the original 3/36 warranty) after three years? I guess I've lived long enough to look at something like this with a bit of a "hmmmm ... tell me more" kind of mind.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

Ken

OP
OP
RustyShackleford
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 502a Super Cab ordered, 2019 GT350
Beautiful car and what looks like a heck of a "deal."

However, was there any kind of explanation how a desirable car had less than 1,000 miles (and possibly out of the original 3/36 warranty) after three years? I guess I've lived long enough to look at something like this with a bit of a "hmmmm ... tell me more" kind of mind.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

Ken
Hi Ken, I don't have a complete story for you as of yet, but what I was told was that It was owned by a gentleman that has a bit of a collection of cars, and he traded this for something at the dealer where I purchased it. I plan to stop by the dealer once I move home and see if there's more to the story and will report back. It was certainly stored correctly by the look of it no evidence of anything to speak of. I came across a similar situation about 6 months ago, a 2016 ruby red gt showed up down in Florida for sale with less than 500 miles on it. The photos in the ad was of it sitting in a large extremely clean brightly lit warehouse full of cars. Basically bought and then just tucked away...

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Welcome.
Talking your Pops into letting it go may be problematic 😉
FP blue/white stripes is my favorite color combination.

BTW…You can have the white stripes installed.
Sponsored