Sponsored

Evolution Performance GT500 cuts a 1.2 60 foot on stock DCT

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So the DCT internals, clutches, etc, and the DCT control module calibration and/or its tie in to the PCM are 100 percent stock as OEM off the assembly line? Honestly not seeing how that number was achieved when the stock setup for even the "best" drag launch is so soft out of the hole. Are they claiming factory Ford/Tremec fluid was used as well?
Either hitting it with +200hp really wakes up the stock mild launch or the trans is tuned, either way killer 60’ at that weight.
I wounded what the limit is but I’d think this is damn close.
Great runs congrats Evolution.
-J
"stock" lol

either way, good to see the dct itself can take the abuse
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Wow, congrats, EVO will grenade the trans in no time.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
"stock" lol

If you know something more, feel free to share.
I’m just going off of what they said in the video.

Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
"stock" lol

Agreed. This powertrain has to impress even the haters with its ability to take big power mods and still perform at the track.
Not everyone wants a strip only boosted 10R80 ‘18+ GT.
This GT500 is an easy 9 second street car for anyone/anywhere and stays in style.

Steve how do you review the upgraded DCT clutches now that you’ve had some time/passes/street use?
-J

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yeah just watched it. that ain't no stock DCT.. and his right arm movement was suspicious.
Not like there is a reason to brag about a stock DCT when it's not. Not like they make money selling "stock" DCT's.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Agreed. This powertrain has to impress even the haters with its ability to take big power mods and still perform at the track.
Not everyone wants a strip only boosted 10R80 ‘18+ GT.
This GT500 is an easy 9 second street car for anyone/anywhere and stays in style.

Steve how do you review the upgraded DCT clutches now that you’ve had some time/passes/street use?
-J
once the master tuner at PBD figured out how to get around the clutches grabbing too much, things were great. there is 0 negatives to them, unlike my rides in dodson clutched cars, 997 991 gtr bmw etc, they always clunk and driveability goes down. you can tell its modified, and not for the better.

with the SSP, I have 0 regrets. Im really looking forward to picking up the TKM engine and strapping some big boost spinners and letting this thing eat

the fact they keep saying "stock" knowing full well what tq will induce physical slip, ie clutche no longer able to grab, is partially laughable. secondly, if you tune something, is it still "stock"

Not like there is a reason to brag about a stock DCT when it's not. Not like they make money selling "stock" DCT's.
no, they just charge $30k for "an 8 sec package", change the bits up w/o telling the owner, and deliver a low 9 sec package. id love to see that car cross a scale at an event :)

swapping out gt500 suspension and brake is just as blasphemous as swapping out the trans.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well they and other are referring that DCT as stock. And NFW a clutch & limited trans tune gets a 1.2 60 in a 4000lb + car.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
They'll never tell you the full story. If they're claiming a 100% stock DCT, they're full of it.
I am just seeing this now. Full of it? no sir. I drive this car and i can 100% say that all of our “claims” are true.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I am just seeing this now. Full of it? no sir. I drive this car and i can 100% say that all of our “claims” are true.
Sorry, but there's no way you cut a 1.2 60 with a STOCK DCT in a 4000lb+ car.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
When they say it's the original clutches and trans that came in that car new, I'll be more impressed. Not the third or fourth set of stock components that have been replaced from abuse and breaking.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
When they say it's the original clutches and trans that came in that car new, I'll be more impressed. Not the third or fourth set of stock components that have been replaced from abuse and breaking.
okay here ya go, the evolution car has the Original Transmission and Original Clutches in it. and it has never broken. the transmission was removed one time and that was the only when the built engine was installed!

Last edited:

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
The car has

okay here ya go, the evolution car has the Original Transmission and Original Clutches in it. and it has never broken. the transmission was removed one time and that was the only when the built engine was installed!

Cool. I'm glad the stuff is that bad ass to run those numbers. Gives me hope for my cars future.
Sponsored