Sponsored

Everyone wants to race...

StangIt #1

POWERED BY Coffee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550/SN95 GT's
I've owned a Mustang GT since 2000, but have daily driven everything from sedans, a pick-up, and a Jeep Wrangler most of the time between then and now. With the crazy and cold weather experienced in my neighborhood for the past month, I've really only had the new ride on the roads for about 4 days. Everywhere I've been, it seems like I'm either being tailgated CLOSELY or someone is trying to get me to run them in their minivan, SUV, or (insert favorite family model) sedan. Maybe it's just my hyper-awareness of people in surrounding vehicles (given that I'm in a new car), or maybe it really is a matter of fact...EVERYONE...WANTS...to RACE.

After thinking through it, my hypothesis is that people in nearby vehicles are magnetically drawn to the bright color, the styling, the rumble, and are convinced that they or I need to prove something. It's like a muscle car or sports car brings out the aggressiveness in others. The fun part about 435hp, though, is that an easy step into the throttle leads to a quick departure from any uncomfortable situation. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
I know... Every challenger and camaro just drive like maniacs through traffic to catch up and tailgate me... Hey but at least I get an excuse to step on it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
fun part about 435hp, though, is that an easy step into the throttle leads to a quick departure from any uncomfortable situation. :rolleyes:

Test drove another 2015 GT today and holy crap it really is night and day between the 4.6 and 5.0. I couldn't believe how powerful and quick it was. The pull is insane.

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Not that id like to admit this but I think its more people like me when i was younger. I had the attitude where i felt like when i saw a car like ours, i felt it was a total waste when id see them doing the speed limit or only a few over, and i would want to see them really go.
Now that im a few years older i understand from both sides of the coin so when people do act like that, i usually get on it a little bit just so they see that yes i do understand what i have and what its capable of but im also responsible enough to use it wiseley (most of the time. Hehe)

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Most of the people here in the Denver area that want to show how racy they are, are driving Subaru's. I've had a few people in Chargers try to show me how quick they are, but no Challengers or Camaros.

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Test drove another 2015 GT today and holy crap it really is night and day between the 4.6 and 5.0. I couldn't believe how powerful and quick it was. The pull is insane.
The pull IS insane... Gotta love it

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Not that id like to admit this but I think its more people like me when i was younger. I had the attitude where i felt like when i saw a car like ours, i felt it was a total waste when id see them doing the speed limit or only a few over, and i would want to see them really go.
Now that im a few years older i understand from both sides of the coin so when people do act like that, i usually get on it a little bit just so they see that yes i do understand what i have and what its capable of but im also responsible enough to use it wiseley (most of the time. Hehe)
We have a better understanding of our insurance rates! Haha

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Dominic Torretto.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase

I had that same attitude when I was in my early 20's. Now I like to get decent gas mileage if I am doing highway driving and I put it on cruise control and I get those people who tailgate me, so I let them go and then they slow down and once I start to pass them they speed up again. I get pretty frustrated so I just hammer it and go around them and back to cruise control. Come to think of it though, they probably do just want to see the car go. Sometimes you gotta give the people what they want right.

Sponsored

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Get used it. I've noticed the same thing...dipshits in lifted 4X4's, Camry's & such running up on the rear bumper, then screaming past me like I'm supposed to be impressed or something. If I'm going to race, especially on the street, I'm gonna race something worth my while. I'm not going to race something I know I can beat...not worth the ticket. Now, I have had some cool dudes run up along side me gesturing with their hand cupped to their ear & then making a gas peddle motion. I'll rock through the gears for them & they give me thumbs up at the next light. Others...I don't give 'em a second look.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Dominic Torretto.
You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
some dope on the freeway a couple nights ago, when i was driving home from work after a very long day, thought it would be fun to drive 10 under, so i go to pass him and he guns it. OK, so i get back in the lane cause my off ramp is coming up, and he goes back to 10 under the limit. so, i go to pass him again and when i am next to him, he matches my speed and blocks me from getting back over.

So.. i punch it for a moment, he guns his and i hit the breaks, get back over in to my lane and get off the freeway. i was so not in the mood for that tool in his little VW.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only a GTO tried something. I didn't. He shifted into second. Lost traction and then spun into the center divide. What an idiot. Had a vette follow me to cars and coffee. He was uninterested in the car. I don't really see too many people staring or checking it out. Just a car after all.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of the people here in the Denver area that want to show how racy they are, are driving Subaru's. I've had a few people in Chargers try to show me how quick they are, but no Challengers or Camaros.
Grew up in breckenridge. Subarus are a dime a dozen out there in CO. They're fast too. I'm moving back to Boulder in about a year. Interested to see if this even moves in snow...
Sponsored