OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Yes. You are right there. I was in fact only stating my opinion. :cheers:
Hey to each their own! The red design is beastly... i like them on black stangs. The wife's is green. Kinda looks like christmas back there![emoji318]
Sponsored

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
Be careful... Euro tail lights on the Mustang will not be sequential when blinking (turn signal) and don't light up the same. There is part of it (in red) that stays lit all the time and there is also an amber part for turn signals. Not the same look at ours at all and also not really clear...

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be careful... Euro tail lights on the Mustang will not be sequential when blinking (turn signal) and don't light up the same. There is part of it (in red) that stays lit all the time and there is also an amber part for turn signals. Not the same look at ours at all and also not really clear...
Well you just killed my dreams... im going to go rethink my life now!

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Well you just killed my dreams... im going to go rethink my life now!
When I finally get my mustang over here in the UK we can do a swap lol.

These will just be plastic housings, the wiring will be external to these so it will most likely be a case of locating the correct bulbs in the right places for you guys. Where as for us going to the red tail lights, we will have to alter the turn signal (indicator) to blink one light and take out the outer red brake light.....not as easy but I think it can be done:)

OP
OP
aggieStang

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I finally get my mustang over here in the UK we can do a swap lol.

These will just be plastic housings, the wiring will be external to these so it will most likely be a case of locating the correct bulbs in the right places for you guys. Where as for us going to the red tail lights, we will have to alter the turn signal (indicator) to blink one light and take out the outer red brake light.....not as easy but I think it can be done:)
Ok deal! Send me some good shots when they come in.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
You will find mine on eBay once I have retrofitted the original red units. I think the white ones look absolutely rediculous.

Anyway how easy that will be still remains to be seen. I swapped out my Audi A5 taillights for a set of facelift units and needed some complicated software adjustments so get them to work. Considering how these export Mustang tail lights work completely different from the US ones that might be the case here as well.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Guess there will kits available to fix EU/US swaps...

I'm ready to swap the Euro ones for a set of RED US ones if we can make it all work. I would love sequential as well. Just waiting to be able to order the god damn car !!

Don't think sequential is not allowed in Belgium but it might be in other EU countries and that will, i guess be the reason, they standardize on one config for export...

Last edited:

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
If you want them to do the sequential indicator light then yeah you will need to add a few electronic components, the same as the American lot need to as it doesn't come as standard.
I was having a think about how I would do mine and because I would need the orange indicator, there is no way I could make all of them red brake lights.
I have another idea which I will try (once we can order and it arrives) with the clear lights and see how that works before trying to swap them out......

Ferdelance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gianluca
Vehicle(s)
Peugeot
Guess there will kits available to fix EU/US swaps...

I'm ready to swap the Euro ones for a set of RED US ones if we can make it all work. I would love sequential as well. Just waiting to be able to order the god damn car !!

Don't think sequential is not allowed in Belgium but it might be in other EU countries and that will, i guess be the reason, they standardize on one config for export...
I think the problem in Europe isn't the sequential lights but the amber light.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
How can they than get TuV approval on the US imported ones ? as the one I saw 2 days ago...with RED sequential and even red reflectors at the rear sides...(see my post)

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
How can they than get TuV approval on the US imported ones ? as the one I saw 2 days ago...with RED sequential and even red reflectors at the rear sides...(see my post)
The same way thousands of pre 2015 Mustangs got admitted in Europe: Small changes to lighting fixtures and individual TuV inspection.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
The same way thousands of pre 2015 Mustangs got admitted in Europe: Small changes to lighting fixtures and individual TuV inspection.
Any idea what happens in Belgium after 4 years when you have to perform the mandatory legal check up ? Is the granted TuV at initial import sufficient or would it require modifications to the euro specs to pass the tests ?

What'd you think would happen at check when a Euro specs version would be upgraded :headbang: to a US rear light system ?

I love the RED sequential lights...:thumbsup:

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
In most countries there is no law on what casing the indicator is in. The only law is that the indicator must flash orange. I think europe is the outlier with them having the law of it having to be in clear lenses.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
However as other said, you will find TONS of clear EU tail lights when we receive our Mustangs!!
Sponsored