Sponsored

Euro Mach 1 Drag Race (Cayman 718 & GT4) ...

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
A Mustang is not a Porsche. Nice, yes, but not a Porsche.
I'm guessing you meant to reply to someone else here?
Sponsored

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
13.7 quarter mile? LOL. Someone can't drive.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I feel like these differences, while they are real, are greatly exaggerated. Not just in objective and measurable ways, but especially in how much they affect your day-to-day enjoyment of a vehicle... Either way, it's still a pretty different car. Personally I'd probably lean more towards a Lexus IS500 or something if I wanted the best quality and was cross shopping an expensive Mustang, but obviously the tradeoffs are quite different there.
Ive been looking for one of those to drive. All the reviews talk about the lazy transmission and I wonder how bad it really is. Shame they didn’t do an interior update for it. Straight pipes said it was “one decision away from a cassette players “

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Well of course, isn't that true of all of us? Hah... actually maybe not, some people (maybe a lot of people) choose cars to impress other people, or choose them because other people convince them they should like a particular car... but I digress.

I'm just explaining my preference, to see whether there is a reason I'm missing for your preference, and/or you just disagree with my breakdown.
I feel like these differences, while they are real, are greatly exaggerated. Not just in objective and measurable ways, but especially in how much they affect your day-to-day enjoyment of a vehicle... Either way, it's still a pretty different car. Personally I'd probably lean more towards a Lexus IS500 or something if I wanted the best quality and was cross shopping an expensive Mustang, but obviously the tradeoffs are quite different there.
Oooooo yea is500!!!! Me likey.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Not going to lie. Had I not found the Mach 1 at MSRP that I did, I'd probably be in an IS 500 early Feb/March. I contacted several dealers and the deposits were already in for the launch edition models. It's quite expensive for that one based on what you're getting. The one just under that is the one to get.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Not going to lie. Had I not found the Mach 1 at MSRP that I did, I'd probably be in an IS 500 early Feb/March. I contacted several dealers and the deposits were already in for the launch edition models. It's quite expensive for that one based on what you're getting. The one just under that is the one to get.
Are you referring to Is500 Performance or Performance Premium?

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Are you referring to Is500 Performance or Performance Premium?
IMHO the PP is the one to get. The 5k more than performance seems to get you a lot. Still 10k more than my Mach 1 is going to be. The Launch editions are like 68k which is kinda nuts for how dated the car is. It'll probably hold value a lot better in the long run though. At 68k I'd be on a waiting list for a ct4-v blackwing.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
IMHO the PP is the one to get. The 5k more than performance seems to get you a lot. Still 10k more than my Mach 1 is going to be. The Launch editions are like 68k which is kinda nuts for how dated the car is. It'll probably hold value a lot better in the long run though. At 68k I'd be on a waiting list for a ct4-v blackwing.
I would have also probably sold my Accord if I got the IS since it can double duty both daily and performance but what really got me the most I think was rowing the gears with the Tremec in the Mach 1. That's something the IS500 can never do. I do respect Lexus though and one of my long term goals is an LS 500. One of the most luxurious, quietest, and smoothest cars I ever drove was a 1990 Lexus LS 400.

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I would have also probably sold my Accord if I got the IS since it can double duty both daily and performance but what really got me the most I think was rowing the gears with the Tremec in the Mach 1. That's something the IS500 can never do. I do respect Lexus though and one of my long term goals is an LS 500. One of the most luxurious, quietest, and smoothest cars I ever drove was a 1990 Lexus LS 400.
Yea.....the key with all of these comparisons is the 6 speed MT, or lack thereof. If I'm buying an automatic I might as well wait and get something electric in a few years.

While I do think the Mach is $3-4k overpriced, it's the best of the available options unless you want to start dropping $70k+, which I don't. For $53k I have a fun daily driver that hauls me, my wife, my toddler, and soon the baby, and can carry a goodly amount of luggage or all the groceries in the trunk. And it sounds absolutely amazing and looks good to boot. Really my only complaints are the price and the overall quality, but I'm still happy with my purchase.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A base Mach 1 is 72-73k USD and a base Cayman is 66K(80k for an S) USD here in Sweden.

The road tax is also around 1000USD/year cheaper in the Cayman for the first three years.

It’s a hard bite to get the M1. The only reason I don’t have a Boxster/718 right now is that it does not have rear seats! But let’s see, I might keep my MX5 for one more year and see what the S650 is like.

Oh yeah the gearing on the manual GT/M1s are long with the 3:55 ratio here in Europe which sucks!

And gas prices are becoming a cost to factor in :(, the consumption of moon the Mustang is no joke when stepping on it(not saying cayman is like an Hybrid)

So one liter of 95 octane is 18:49 meaning the 98 is almost 19kr/l(2 USD and some change with the current exchange rate)
718327E6-4477-4E9E-A110-D0B129B54DD6.jpeg

Last edited:

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
A base Mach 1 is 72-73k USD and a base Cayman is 66K(80k for an S) USD here in Sweden.

The road tax is also around 1000USD/year cheaper in the Cayman for the first three years.

It’s a hard bite to get the M1. The only reason I don’t have a Boxster/718 right now is that it does not have rear seats! But let’s see, I might keep my MX5 for one more year and see what the S650 is like.

And gas prices are becoming a cost to factor in :(, the consumption of moon the Mustang is no joke when stepping on it(not saying cayman is like an Hybrid)

So one liter of 95 octane is 18:49 meaning the 98 is almost 19kr/l(2 USD and some change with the current exchange rate)
You must have some steep taxes on displacement or fuel consumption.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I didn t own it long at all. I have had several Porsches. I sold this 18 with 6K and bought the mach 1 a year later and had almost $20K left over. It was a PDK which was fast but I guess not fun enough. I think I also didn t like Porsche pricing on things, everything is very expensive from parts to service. Not sure if it was smart but I let it go. Only drove the M1 300 miles from dealer and is now snow bound. Porsche was Small inside, Hoping the mustang is a more enjoyable all around cruiser. Not tracking anything where I think the Porsche would be better. O well.
IMG_0661.jpg

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You must have some steep taxes on displacement or fuel consumption.
It’s still manageable not as crazy as in Denmark/Netherlands/France yet. The road tax for a manual M1 is 3000USD/year for the first three years.

We will have some sort of mileage taxation in the future which will be based on type of car and when and were you drive.

However we are taxated from every hole in the body 🤣 with regards to everything else
Sponsored

Last edited: