Sponsored

EU Mustang 2018 Options leak online

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
In the Portugal, I will pay for Mustang GT 2xmore than in USA...and it is difficult to understand why them do it with people from Europe :eyebulge: :headbonk:
I just had a look at Ford Portugal's website, a GT without options cost around 93k€ ??? :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ok, I understood Options--> New Packages: PP3 & 4, the same as the PP1 & 2 in U.S

Then the EU 2018 coming with PP 1 as a standar, like 2015-17
No, it refers to the "Premium Packages" 1 & 2 on current EU models and nothing to do with performance packages in the US. It includes soft touch trims, better leather seats, Navigation and stuff like that.

The premium packages are all the same, but with different wheels and chrome Windows:
PP1: Silver 10Y wheels, chrome windows
PP2: Black wheels, black windows
PP3: The new silver wheels, chrome windows
PP4: The new silver wheels, black windows

In the Portugal, I will pay for Mustang GT 2xmore than in USA...and it is difficult to understand why them do it with people from Europe :eyebulge: :headbonk:
This is not the fault of Ford, it's your goverment that is getting crazy artificial taxes on cars with high CO² pollution!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Any word if the Automatic Emergency Braking system is also included or optional?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah, of course nothing is real leather when Ford is talking about leather. Just like the whole "everything that looks like metal in the interior is metal" was a bad lie :ninja:

Any word if the Automatic Emergency Braking system is also included or optional?
Read the startpost again ;)
Standard on all EU facelifts: LED headlights, LED DRL, LED foglights, Pre Collission Assist, Lane Assist, Parking sensors on the rear, heated steering wheel & "optimized" ride, center console in leather with kneepads

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Read the startpost again ;)
Ah wait now I see. I confused the term Pre-Collision Assist with Brake Support. Brake Support and Automatic Emergency Braking are actually two different things, but Ford wraps them up in one name. This is how it is decribed in the builder:

• Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection
– Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
– Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support

Brake Support detects an impending collision and pre-tensions the brakes to the point where they are just about to bite, but they do not actually engage. The use of this system is to shorten the reaction time of the brakes after pushing the pedal.

Automatic Emergency Braking goes one step further and also autonomously applies the brakes when it detects an impending collision.

Brake Support was already available in the US on the 2015 as part of an option package but it did not have the AEB function, which apparently now is added for 2018. So this suggests that the EU cars have both as well.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Seems that the Black Package is again missing on the EU Mustang. Also no information's about the Black Roof and Stripes option ...
Black package and black roof are both not mentioned in the brochures, seems like they are not available. Remember that EUs are based on the performance package which can't get the black package in US too

OEM Design stripes will be available on EU models (like it is on current models), even though they are not mentioning the different colors.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Not really a big deal imo. Roofs can be wrapped anywhere and so can stripes. Besides the 2018 asymetrical factory stripes look absolutely hideous, so it would actually be a good thing we don't get those here.

What I wonder is if the carbon/alcantara package can be combined with one of the 4 comfort packages...

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
That's a steal! Check out Ford's website in the Netherlands: GT costs a whopping 119,560 Euros. :crazy:
The car itself costs around 50k €, all the rest goes into the wallet of the governments !! :frusty: :frusty: :paddle: :paddle: :rant: :rant:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys

I have been close to buying an S550 for almost two years now.
Finally I have now decided to buy a fun car then the updated Mustang is around the corner or at least around the next corner here in Sweden.

I am out for an sporty car with room to fit my kids in and there the Mustang and Camaro are on the highest spot on my list starting to consider BWM M2 as well. Maybe it is sacrilege to mention Camaro on this forum :D. Nevertheless it is a strong contender, the Gen 6 Camaro is priced above the S550 in Sweden as well. With the currency rates today the Camaro 2SS with manual and magnetic ride and dual mode exhaust is at 60k USD, the Mustang with Performance Package and Custom package and manual is at 54k USD. However I have to consider changing the exhaust on the Mustang as it is to quiet, and unfortunately parts and labour is expensive in here. So just on that install the price gap will be reduced.

However with the price increase of the 2018 and stepping things up a bit I don't think the price difference will be the 6k USD as it is today.

It is interesting to see the standard equipment on the EU 2018 model in a positive way . I am looking for the performance pack, magnetic ride and performance exhaust this I believe would make the car really on par with the Camaro. So why am I not just going for the Camaro you might ask, well it is quite simple, I have to live with car on a daily basis as it will be daily driver. The Mustang feels more spacious, the back seats have more space and the trunk is bigger than the Camaros. However I am performance guy and therefore I have not been able to sidestep the performance and how the Camaro drives. If the new 2018 comes on par with the Camaro on the performance (not just 0-60 times) then the choice is given, I think...

I have however asked dealers about information on 2018 and I have not received anything back yet as they don't even have the info we have I think :D. However as soon as I get something I will post here.

Anyhow even though the price for a Mustang is higher her in Sweden compared to the US it is an incredible amount of value (if anything that has to do with a car can be called value :D). As an example the MSRP for a standard BMW 240i is almost 54k USD and the MSRP on a base S550 GT is 51k USD (which includes the performance pack).

So what am I reaching for here , well I really hope that the updates will be a success and that the Mustang will be comparable to the Camaro in terms of performance. As for the new design I guess time will tell, I think it looks rather cool. To sum it up I think I want one haha

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3