Sponsored

EU Fog light swap to US Model

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Fellows,

I've done another mod that could be really interesting for you.
I've totally swaped my EU Fog light for the US Model.

I know that someone will ask : And what's with the DRL now ?
And I've the answer, NO DRL for now in my case.
I'm waiting that Caniggia made my Headlights with the Tri-bar and this will be my DRL. In the wait time I'll drive always with Headlights ON, so no problem.

The lights I bought aren't really the Ford OEM US Model (way too expensive for me, take a look by americanmuscle (€454.93 for ONE Light :eyebulge: :crazy:) : http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-foglight-2015.html)

I found an nice aftermarket solution and I'm really impressed of the qualtity.
A really good product IMO. And you'll see the result is just amazing.

The link of the lights I bought : https://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-headlight-fog-light-housings/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-ford-cars.html#.VnV1x_nhCUl

The stock bulbs are a joke and with a big fog, lights on/off is the same, nothing changed when they light up.

Here's the difference between the stock and the LED one :

First, you have to completely remove the stock Fog light, really easy, only 3 screws to remove :

The stock comes out and you can directly put the new one in place. Don't forget to put the screws back :D

After that, put the connector in the stock wiring, and well, it's plug & play :cheers: :thumbsup:

Comparison between Stock and LED :

The lightning power of the LED lights :

Comparison between : Fog Light / Fog Light + Headlight / Headlight

Cheers :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
However, hard to believe that this fog light cost 500 eur each. Despite the european car prices I remind you that Mustang is not bmw, audi, etc All spare parts are relative cheap.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed that there is another one part No for the fog light: 4F9Z15200AA

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
However, hard to believe that this fog light cost 500 eur each. Despite the european car prices I remind you that Mustang is not bmw, audi, etc All spare parts are relative cheap.
They SHOULD be cheap, but they AREN'T.
An example? Driver's sunvisor with remote opener costs about 300 USD..

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
There's no such thing as cheap car parts anymore. Even for some lame Korean car you pay premium prices.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you didn't have a premium brand name before.
One reason for the success of Mustang is that it is plug n play and the cost maintenance is low.

Don't forget it is a Ford in the end. Spare parts are cheap because most of these are common with other models. Also don't forget that US prices are always cheaper then ours. And don't trust 100% the american specialized stores. Do a search. $130 for a led fog light is a joke for other brands.....

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you didn't have a premium brand name before.
One reason for the success of Mustang is that it is plug n play and the cost maintenance is low.

Don't forget it is a Ford in the end. Spare parts are cheap because most of these are common with other models. Also don't forget that US prices are always cheaper then ours. And don't trust 100% the american specialized stores. Do a search. $130 for a led fog light is a joke for other brands.....
Yeah, everything is plug & play but for example these LED Fog lamps are not available in EU, only US models have them.

Also the OEM parts in France are a long way more expensive than in the US. For Exemple, my Dealer told me that it would cost 500€ per wheel if I need the Black OEM GT Wheels !! I bought the 4 wheels for 1000 € in the US !

If you check the spare parts market in Germany (for example Velocity) it's also not cheap to buy spare parts for the Mustang.

You can find cheaper things than the OEM stuff. You have a lot of aftermarket solution like I used for the fog and it works really good.
Sponsored