Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Here's a quick comparison of the gear ratios between current MT82 3.55 and the Tremec with 3.73. The difference is huge, this alone will the big game changer in the manual Mach 1.

Current gear ratios just suck, especially with europes 3.55 downgrade. 3 and 4 are way too long to put down power and having two overdrive gears are just useless here since the car is limited to 250 km/h which you already pass in 4th gear.
current_355.jpg

This is how the gerar ratios in the Mach 1 should look like. It can finally use the power of the Coyote (which really needs the RPM) and uses the 5 gears to have the maximum power at every speed and then just have the one long overdrive for better mpg on highways.
mach1.jpg
Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
2nd will feel a bit stronger than the 2018+ MT82-D4 geared cars but 3rd, 4th and 5th will feel much stronger.

1605774583818.png

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
2nd will feel a bit stronger than the 2018+ MT82-D4 geared cars but 3rd, 4th and 5th will feel much stronger.

1605774583818.png
Where do you got this from? I really hope export markets will not get Tremec with a 3.55 axle ratio 🤢

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Where do you got this from? I really hope export markets will not get Tremec with a 3.55 axle ratio 🤢
I created it. I put in the 3.55 axle ratio as an alternative and guide for the Tremec since every other export Mustang only ever came with the 3.55. Notice, in the country row I put TBD as we still don't know the final specs of the non-USA cars.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The gearing is going to make a HUGE difference. I did the math, and just compared to the Bullitt, the Mach 1 will be using 20 more horsepower (at the wheels) after every gear change (meaning since the RPMs are higher after every gear change due to the closer gear ratios, the car is higher up in the power band by about 20hp). If the Bullitt felt like a 480hp car, the Mach will feel like 500.

This is also why I feel like the Mach will be A LOT closer to the GT350 on a road course than most think. That acceleration improvement from the PP2 cant be understated, and it will certainly have more grip. As long as Ford doesn’t fall on its face in terms of suspension tuning, then we’ll finally have a worthy Coyote-powered contender to the GT350

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Man, this picture explains EXACTLY why I hated my MT82. Driving that car literally frustrated me ONLY because of the gearing. It was so frustrating every time I shifted into 4th and thought “there’s no reason for this gear to be so tall” just to shift into 5th and think “WHY IS THE ONLY GOOD RATIO SPLIT FOR A GOD DAMN OVERDRIVE GEAR?!”

5th felt so good to shift into because it was such a close ratio, but then the gear itself was useless because it was an overdrive. Seriously SO frustrating. That being said, I cannot WAIT to get my Mach 1 and finally have a Mustang with a GOOD transmission haha

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I may have to chime in here as I have a small amount of information on the Torsen Diff
Conflicting information:

Ford NZ says no Torsen Diff

Salesman at Ford Hamilton sent information from Ford NZ saying yes to Torsen Diff and of course the Australian RHD Brochure saying yes as well.

Not sure which to believe.
I may have to chime in here as I have a small amount of information on the Torsen Diff
Conflicting information:

Ford NZ says no Torsen Diff

Salesman at Ford Hamilton sent information from Ford NZ saying yes to Torsen Diff and of course the Australian RHD Brochure saying yes as well.

Not sure which to believe.
My dealer is saying yes to the Torsen Diff here in Australia.

Reactions: 12g

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Handling pack won't be a thing though unfortunately? Aside from the Cup 2 tyres you get the GT350 gurney flap spoiler, a larger front splitter, camber plates up front and "chassis tuning" - whatever that really means.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
That being said, I cannot WAIT to get my Mach 1 and finally have a Mustang with a GOOD transmission haha
Absolutely, the gearing alone will make a huge difference here. I just compared the Mach 1 gearing to the gearing of the Camaro6 SS which really got it right. It's pretty similiar with the only different how far the 5th gear is going since Camaro goes up to 290km/h topspeed and Mustang is limited at 250km/h. In Germany this actually is important 🤣

Camaro6 SS:
gearing_camaross.jpg

Mach 1:
mach1-jpg.jpg

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I read somewhere that the Mach 1 top speed is being increased to 164...

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I thought I read somewhere that the Mach 1 top speed is being increased to 164...
Yes, this is correct but only the manual will get the increased topspeed. That is indeed a bit strange, since it means for last mph you have to use the 6th gear

OP
OP
phsc84

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
The definitive answer is, that the european Mach 1's will get the 3.55 clutch type differential.
Somewhen later, when the diff is gone, I will switch to a Wavetrac with a 3.73 gearing.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
This explains why my UK manual Mach1 takes an age to get moving then, i really can't see it getting anywhere near 5s to 60mph. Having done 1400 miles now, driving normally (i.e. not a planned standing start at higher rpm) setting off and mashing the throttle provides very sedate progress until 4.5k lands. Same when pulling into a road in 2nd at say 20mph, very little push is offered which is the only real disappointment i have with the car.

Why the feck have the export models been hampered in this way??
Sponsored

Last edited: