Sponsored

ET Streets R Bias Ply & Stock 19s up front....

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
So I purchased a pair of MT ET Street R bias ply(28X11.5R17) for the rear for test and Tune event (1/4mile) this weekend. I am pairing the tires with 03 Cobra wheels and stock PP wheels up front. My question is how bad should I expect the car to sway? Would increasing the PSI in the tire help any with the sway? Also I see that on Jegs website they don't require a tube and on summit it says it does *♂*♂*♂ Anyone that has ran them use a tube?
Sponsored

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
You'll be fine. We run a bias ply on a 16" with stockers up front on the woman's car and if she can do it, you can too.

We usually run the rears at 16-18 psi hot depending on track conditions. The car will sway a bit, but nothing crazy like you're going to lose control.

My friend runs 17" bias plys with the stock PP rims on the front in his manual GTPP. Even with the manual, he said the sway isn't bad.

Fastest i've been on a setup like this was 130 mph. I switched to a skinny when I started trapping higher so i'm not sure how the cars react with a bias ply/radial combo at higher speeds.

I wouldn't run tubes.

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
You'll be fine. We run a bias ply on a 16" with stockers up front on the woman's car and if she can do it, you can too.

We usually run the rears at 16-18 psi hot depending on track conditions. The car will sway a bit, but nothing crazy like you're going to lose control.

My friend runs 17" bias plys with the stock PP rims on the front in his manual GTPP. Even with the manual, he said the sway isn't bad.

Fastest i've been on a setup like this was 130 mph. I switched to a skinny when I started trapping higher so i'm not sure how the cars react with a bias ply/radial combo at higher speeds.

I wouldn't run tubes.

Thank you for ur reply and advice, much appreciated! Well that makes me feel a whole lot better. Especially if ur ol lady is running it lol.

As far as halfshafts, you and ur buddy have the stock halfshafts? Also around what rpm u launching at?

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for ur reply and advice, much appreciated! Well that makes me feel a whole lot better. Especially if ur ol lady is running it lol.

As far as halfshafts, you and ur buddy have the stock halfshafts? Also around what rpm u launching at?
Both of us are running stock halfshafts.

The ecoboost is an auto car so it is leaving much softer than my friend's GTPP.

The GTPP is launching at 4,500 and bogging to a 1.7 60'. I think he's going to need to be around 5,500 to not bog and get into the low 1.6's. The car has a tune, longtubes, catless exhaust, and lowering springs (not helping his case). I don't remember what the car did on the dyno.

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If this is your first time ever on a bias ply, start out at 18 psi cold (should be around 22 psi hot after your run and you get back to the staging lanes), and launch at 3,500 rpms. Work your way up in rpms and lower the tire pressure as needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
Both of us are running stock halfshafts.

The ecoboost is an auto car so it is leaving much softer than my friend's GTPP.

The GTPP is launching at 4,500 and bogging to a 1.7 60'. I think he's going to need to be around 5,500 to not bog and get into the low 1.6's. The car has a tune, longtubes, catless exhaust, and lowering springs (not helping his case). I don't remember what the car did on the dyno.
Alright I gotcha. Yeah this actually would be my first time at the track lol. Trying to gather as much information as possible... But like u said I'll start off launching at 3500 and see how that goes, slowly start working my way up. Whole reason why I got these tires is supposedly they are easier on the driveshafts, mine are stock. Oh ok yeah ur buddy has about the same set up as I do... Do you remember what time he hit on the 1/4?

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright I gotcha. Yeah this actually would be my first time at the track lol. Trying to gather as much information as possible... But like u said I'll start off launching at 3500 and see how that goes, slowly start working my way up. Whole reason why I got these tires is supposedly they are easier on the driveshafts, mine are stock. Oh ok yeah ur buddy has about the same set up as I do... Do you remember what time he hit on the 1/4?
His best so far is a 12.0 @ 116 with the 1.7 60'. He will break into the 11's once he gets his launch down.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I run skinnies and wouldn't want to find out how bad the sway is with a stock radial upfront, I am a wuss though. I launch at 5k rpm with 14 psi on stock axles. Goodluck!

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
His best so far is a 12.0 @ 116 with the 1.7 60'. He will break into the 11's once he gets his launch down.
That's not bad at all! Hopefully I fall right around there. I'll definitely let you guys know how everything wen.

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
I run skinnies and wouldn't want to find out how bad the sway is with a stock radial upfront, I am a wuss though. I launch at 5k rpm with 14 psi on stock axles. Goodluck!
Lol I feel ya. I'll eventually get some. It's just kind of a last minute thing. Thanks man I'll need it lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
So I went to the local test and Tune last night and ended up with a 12.4 as my best run. I'm actually pretty happy with that time. Especially since it being my first time at a drag strip ever. I went from 13.8, 12.8,12.6,12.5, and 12.4. There is definitely room for improvement for a better time and launch. Just practice practice. All and all had a blast! Can't wait to get back out there.

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
And you were absolutely right my friend! I ran 03cobra wheels and stock 19" on regular street tire and the car barley had any sway! It wasn't a big deal AT ALL. so people that are wondering how it is on a similar setup, it's absolutely doable! Don't be scared! Lol.

OP
OP
Chach805

Chach805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C/O w/ PP
Although on my last pass I had a bunch of lights come on? ABS,tire pressure, ect. It also kept telling "Service Advance Track". The stirring also kinda tighten up. Has anyone had this happen to them??? Is it something serious? I didn't end up doing another pass since all this happens.

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
I used to run 17x8 bullitts with bias ply rears on my 95 cobra with a vortech. It definitely will sway at lower pressures. But with a little over 400 rwhp i could get into the high 1.5s

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I went to the local test and Tune last night and ended up with a 12.4 as my best run. I'm actually pretty happy with that time. Especially since it being my first time at a drag strip ever. I went from 13.8, 12.8,12.6,12.5, and 12.4. There is definitely room for improvement for a better time and launch. Just practice practice. All and all had a blast! Can't wait to get back out there.
Good! At least you were improving. Practice is key for sure. Glad you had a great time.

And you were absolutely right my friend! I ran 03cobra wheels and stock 19" on regular street tire and the car barley had any sway! It wasn't a big deal AT ALL. so people that are wondering how it is on a similar setup, it's absolutely doable! Don't be scared! Lol.
Told you it would be fine :)

Although on my last pass I had a bunch of lights come on? ABS,tire pressure, ect. It also kept telling "Service Advance Track". The stirring also kinda tighten up. Has anyone had this happen to them??? Is it something serious? I didn't end up doing another pass since all this happens.
Search this one on the forums. I don't remember the fix, but I remember the same type of issue when people do autox.
Sponsored