Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I still have my racestars :D front and rears
I wish brotha. Fronts wont fit my car, and I want tires I can run on the street out back. But I do want them :(

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
At the track... 3500 rpm clutch side step at 19lbs of air pressure will dead hook!!!! :headbang:

Nice and stable with radial pizza cutters on the front. I will update later with time once I grow a pair and launch higher.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
At the track... 3500 rpm clutch side step at 19lbs of air pressure will dead hook!!!! :headbang:

Nice and stable with radial pizza cutters on the front. I will update later with time once I grow a pair and launch higher.
thanks for the update:cheers:

Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
GTBOB do you drive to the track with them on already or do you swap at the track/trailer there?

Matt

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
GTBOB do you drive to the track with them on already or do you swap at the track/trailer there?

Matt
I drove to the track with them on. Mix of back roads and highway. With 25psi in them they were surprisingly stable. No pucker moments.

For me at the track, 4K rpm clutch dump with 18psi in them prevented bogs. Any rpm less than that it would dead hook and fall on it's face. I'm running half a second and 4mph slower than last year though. Only difference is all my GT350 induction and complete stock exhaust now. Frustrated but I'll get it figured out.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I drove to the track with them on. Mix of back roads and highway. With 25psi in them they were surprisingly stable. No pucker moments.

For me at the track, 4K rpm clutch dump with 18psi in them prevented bogs. Any rpm less than that it would dead hook and fall on it's face. I'm running half a second and 4mph slower than last year though. Only difference is all my GT350 induction and complete stock exhaust now. Frustrated but I'll get it figured out.
Thanks for the update, good to know they work fine with the front M/T Sportsman skinnies. Did you come from a rear drag radial ? I have the M/T ET Street Rs and hate that there finicky, hope these are more forgiving.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP

Hmmmm...wonder whats getting you? I know that Bias Ply's can suck some MPH off but shouldnt hurt the ET that bad! Hope you sort out whats holding you back and thanks for the info, I might be picking up a set here soon!

Matt

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sneaky suspicion that this bias ply tire is "too much" for my car. With a 3.55 rear gear and this being a 28" tire, my overall drive ratio is not optimal with the amount of power (lack of) I make. These tires are pulling the engine rpm down at launch and it's taking longer for it to recover those lost rpms with this tall of a tire. My best run was a 12.2 at 115. 2 weeks ago on my shorter, worn down drag radials I ran 11.9 at 117. Last year with headers and radials I ran 11.6-11.7 at 119-120 mph. I sold my headers earlier this year because I was going to trade the car in but decided to keep it. So this year, I'm full stock exhaust from motor to rear bumper (resonator removed with an H-pipe in its place.)

I forgot to datalog my recent runs, but I know my rpms at the finish line are down considerably. Which is not a good thing when running the GT350 "peakier than stock" manifold. I will get some headers soon and see if I can get some mph back. But I think the people with PD blowers with stick cars would benefit the most out of tires.

Sponsored

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
A 28" tall tire is a little too much for a NA/Bolt on car. Its 2+ inches taller than most stock tire setups and even 20s. It will suck some of the mph and overall feel out of the car. With a little more practice youll probably be able to ET the same but it will lose 2-4 mph just due to tire size. If you go with a 3.73 gear and some more mods you shouldn't see as big of a loss.

A 26" is much better for a NA/Basic bolt on car.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Interesting. With a 26" tire would you have enough sidewall to get the benefit of even going with a Bias tire? Im on stock 3.73s so I feel like the 28" will work just fine but only one way to find out!

Matt

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Interesting. With a 26" tire would you have enough sidewall to get the benefit of even going with a Bias tire? Im on stock 3.73s so I feel like the 28" will work just fine but only one way to find out!

Matt
There's a couple different options in 26 tall tire but on a 17 inch wheel it's hard to get sidewall. ET Street R make a 275/40R17 that I run on motor and it hooks fine and have no complaints. M&H makes a 275/50R17 which has more sidewall it's closer to a 26.5-27 tall tire. Kinda in between the two.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
If I were gonna run a radial Ide likely go with the M&H but I want to try a Bias ply due to having a manual. Will likely end up running the 28/11.5/17 ET Street R as its the only Bias offering for the 17" wheel.

Matt