Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
So I have hoosiers (28*10.50r17) right now and I'm thinking about the mickey Thompson et street r bias ply. Is the sidewall stiffer or anything? Better or worse compound? I'm mainly asking because I can get the et street r for 217 a tire right now.
Sponsored

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i JUST got my ET street R bias mounted up yesterday. Inital feeling is they seem to sway less, maybe that's in my mind but they felt more stable. I'm hitting the track for the first time w/ them tomorrow. The hoosiers i had hooked perfect, as a matter of fact i felt underpowered quite a bit w/ a 3.31 gear and the 28 tall hoosiers. I only switched to these so i can race on "street nights" at the track.

Initial impressions seem good, they are sticky as hell and seem to sway less. that's +2 right off the bat.

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
i JUST got my ET street R bias mounted up yesterday. Inital feeling is they seem to sway less, maybe that's in my mind but they felt more stable. I'm hitting the track for the first time w/ them tomorrow. The hoosiers i had hooked perfect, as a matter of fact i felt underpowered quite a bit w/ a 3.31 gear and the 28 tall hoosiers. I only switched to these so i can race on "street nights" at the track.

Initial impressions seem good, they are sticky as hell and seem to sway less. that's +2 right off the bat.
Awesome, thank you for the feed back. I'm thinking they might be a little more stiff, since they don't sway as much. I just don't want to break anything lol. Please report back on track results lol.

I guess I'll jump on these.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Being that you have 3.73 gear, you will like these. They are such a tall tire (actually 28.6"). I would not recommend them for a numerically lower gear as the rpms are well under peak power through the traps.

Be aggressive on your launch. 10-12psi 5500 rpm- 6k side step.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Being that you have 3.73 gear, you will like these. They are such a tall tire (actually 28.6"). I would not recommend them for a numerically lower gear as the rpms are well under peak power through the traps.

Be aggressive on your launch. 10-12psi 5500 rpm- 6k side step.
I see that you ran a 7.6 1/8th with bolt-ons.
What's the go in terms of driveline?
How long will the stock bits last with say 400rwhp and sticky tyres?

Sponsored

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I suppose last night was a rough night to judge the performance of new tires. It was a "midnight mayhem" street racing night, no more track prep and instant green starts instead of a standard tree. Didn't take long before the air cooled down and alot of moisture was rearing it's head. 1.77 was my best 60 i could muster because by my 3rd pass or so it was starting to get nasty on the track.

The tires are pretty mild mannered on the highway. 30psi or so and they drove decent. Lane changes were weird feeling as i still have radial front. At the track i started at 20psi, then 18 (seemed the sweet spot), then 15 (sway city! do not recommend w/ radials).

I still stand by them being too tall for my 3.31 gears when i'm running n/a. My options were cross the traps in 3rd at like 7800, or shift to 4th. Staying in 3rd was faster every time. I have a 150 shot which i wasn't running last night, that will negate the tall tire problem. I'll try next time hopefully with front runners and the bottle on. Fun night though.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see that you ran a 7.6 1/8th with bolt-ons.
What's the go in terms of driveline?
How long will the stock bits last with say 400rwhp and sticky tyres?

That was on a drag radial and not my bias plys. I do not have a good time slip to mention with the bias plys yet.

As for stock bits and 400rwhp, wheel hop is what kills parts on a stick car. Work on a smooth launch and parts will live for a long time :thumbsup:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
That was on a drag radial and not my bias plys. I do not have a good time slip to mention with the bias plys yet.

As for stock bits and 400rwhp, wheel hop is what kills parts on a stick car. Work on a smooth launch and parts will live for a long time :thumbsup:
Does this mean you haven't ran them yet or are you having trouble hooking up? I would love to switch to these so I could drive to the track but I love the way the hoosier's hook up!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be running these tyres at the end of the month.
My best 60' to date is 1.8 on Federal RSRR 275/35/19s
They don't hook at all. Marginally better than a Pzero.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does this mean you haven't ran them yet or are you having trouble hooking up? I would love to switch to these so I could drive to the track but I love the way the hoosier's hook up!

They hook too well for me :shrug: I running slower mph and slower et with them because I'm a puss at the launch. I launch at 4500 and they dead hook, bogging the motor down. They are meant to be driven aggressive. I just need to put on big boy pants:cool:

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
They hook too well for me :shrug: I running slower mph and slower et with them because I'm a puss at the launch. I launch at 4500 and they dead hook, bogging the motor down. They are meant to be driven aggressive. I just need to put on big boy pants:cool:
You got upgraded axles, wind her up to 6k and let her go!:headbang:

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You got upgraded axles, wind her up to 6k and let her go!:headbang:
Well, I did what you told me to do lol! This was me tonight. 6K rpm dump with 12psi in them. *Bonus footage of @Evil 5.0 doing a burnout at the end :thumbsup:

[ame]

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Well, I did what you told me to do lol! This was me tonight. 6K rpm dump with 12psi in them. *Bonus footage of @Evil 5.0 doing a burnout at the end :thumbsup:

Video BomBed ya!!:headbang:

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Spun pretty hard, what was your 60' on that pass? That's low tire psi for 3700 lb+ car, did it sway more on the big end?

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No sway at all but Kilkare is smooth as glass. 1.71 60ft
Sponsored