bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I haven't noticed a difference between drive and select shift. Best run so far has been in drive-sport+ mode.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Has any one got any data on auto cars in the different modes "Normal" vs. "Sport/Track"?

I'm curious if the mode is good for anything ET wise, and how much?

No, it's not really. It really doesn't change anything power wise. Only increase throttle gain for perceived throttle response feeling. While the shifts feel crisper, it really doesn't shift any faster from gear to gear. And letting it shift itself will generally net faster times (rather than using paddles) as it already shifts at pretty much the best spot before hitting limiter. No data to back it up but on paper that's the gist

Someone around here actually had their best times in normal mode letting it shift.

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No, it's not really. It really doesn't change anything power wise. Only increase throttle gain for perceived throttle response feeling. While the shifts feel crisper, it really doesn't shift any faster from gear to gear. And letting it shift itself will generally net faster times (rather than using paddles) as it already shifts at pretty much the best spot before hitting limiter. No data to back it up but on paper that's the gist

Someone around here actually had their best times in normal mode letting it shift.
I wondered if it wasn't throttle only. I had heard that letting it shift itself was faster...I assume as tuning advances, maybe the paddles will be faster.

SILVER GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT/CS & '93 LX 5.0
So you have Drive or Sport on the shifter...

What is this Sport+ mode?

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Sports+ mode is really designed for spirited driving on backroads and such (not using paddles). It will hold the car in gear longer versus downshifting to the highest gear (lowest rpm) to save fuel.

Nothing worse then taking a 60mph sweeper in 4th gear and the car decides to shift to 6th on you right before you apex. Sport+ will hold 4th gear.

SILVER GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT/CS & '93 LX 5.0
Sports+ mode is really designed for spirited driving on backroads and such (not using paddles). It will hold the car in gear longer versus downshifting to the highest gear (lowest rpm) to save fuel.

Nothing worse then taking a 60mph sweeper in 4th gear and the car decides to shift to 6th on you right before you apex. Sport+ will hold 4th gear.
Oh, so you just mean putting the shifter in S. I never knew it was called Sports + mode, thought it was just Sport mode...

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Oh, so you just mean putting the shifter in S. I never knew it was called Sports + mode, thought it was just Sport mode...
Putting the shifter into S is for paddle/manual shifting, no?

That is different than Sports+. As GoBlues38 said, in sports+, when not using the paddles, the computer will hold the current gear longer before shifting. Among other things.

SILVER GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT/CS & '93 LX 5.0
Putting the shifter into S is for paddle/manual shifting, no?

That is different than Sports+. As GoBlues38 said, in sports+, when not using the paddles, the computer will hold the current gear longer before shifting. Among other things.
My current Mustang is an '11 GT and doesn't have any of this, but on my DD Fusion EcoBoost putting it in S makes the car do what you say. You don't have to use the paddles.

How do you turn on S+ on a new Mustang?

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
My current Mustang is an '11 GT and doesn't have any of this, but on my DD Fusion EcoBoost putting it in S makes the car do what you say. You don't have to use the paddles.

How do you turn on S+ on a new Mustang?

Drive mode switch on premium in front of shifter.

S mode on shifter shifts itself, not unlike sport+, until uou hit a paddle. Then you have to shift it.

SILVER GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT/CS & '93 LX 5.0
Interesting, what makes S+ different from S?

Do you have to have the shifter in S to engage S+ on the dash?

Sorry for the questions, justs seems redundant in some ways.
Sponsored