Estimated timelines?

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I know it's only been a week since I put in my 2022 order, but I'm already antsy about getting updates from Ford. How long do you think it'll be before they email me with an estimated production date?

My order is not a special model nor is it a "late availability" option car. It's a base GT 6spd in Grabber Blue Metallic w/ Black Accent Package and 301A. That's basically it.

Just curious when to actually expect to hear back :) (I got the initial email confirming that Ford received my order)
Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Extensive thread about your question can be found here. Anyway, mine took from order to delivery about 3 months.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/yesss-she’s-in-production-today.165916/page-44#post-3424072
Thanks, I'll take a look. I know a lot of people have had long waits on special models, that's why I wanted to be clear that I didn't order anything special or late availability. Pretty sure they'll make as any regular GTs as they can sell.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Thanks, I'll take a look. I know a lot of people have had long waits on special models, that's why I wanted to be clear that I didn't order anything special or late availability. Pretty sure they'll make as any regular GTs as they can sell.
vehicles are most likely over a month away from even starting the production lines. Even If you got the very first vehicle you are still looking at around 3 months+. When you get the confirmation there's nothing else to give you. At some point, you will be assigned a VIN
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
vehicles are most likely over a month away from even starting the production lines. Even If you got the very first vehicle you are still looking at around 3 months+. When you get the confirmation there's nothing else to give you. At some point, you will be assigned a VIN
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
I'm honestly fine with that, but I find it hard to believe there won't be 2022s on the lot until 3 months in to the year? Production starts Jan 3rd. How long to build car #1?

Sponsored

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I ordered a base GT in grabber blue, and today I received the email with a scheduled production week of January 17th.

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
I ordered a base GT in Atlas Blue and just go the same Jan 17 production week email (and VIN.)

Docstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT conv, 2018 Lincoln Navigator
I ordered a base GT in Atlas Blue and just go the same Jan 17 production week email (and VIN.)
GT/CS convertible ordered 11/15 build week jan 10 and VIN

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Base GT Grabber Blue Metallic -- got an email saying production week is January 10th! Looks like they are hitting up the Grabber Blue right away.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
FWIW, my order was 11/24/21 and Ford sent me an email today that my car is built and being inspected and prepped for shipping.
Sponsored