Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
With all due respect.......I'd suggest waiting (and waiting ;) ) for Ford to reveal the car and its specs. Then if you're disappointed, fair enough. But to write it off due to comments made by a new member seems crazy to me. He may be correct......but surely it's worth waiting just a little longer? :)
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
With all due respect.......I'd suggest waiting (and waiting ;) ) for Ford to reveal the car and its specs. Then if you're disappointed, fair enough. But to write it off due to comments made by a new member seems crazy to me. He may be correct......but surely it's worth waiting just a little longer? :)
I’m not asking for the actual info, because you probably can’t say but do you know the specs and when it will be revealed?

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Understand man. Really enjoyed your post all this time!!
Yeah Man, it was fun, I enjoyed it. Gave me something to look forward to.
I'll be around watching you guys get your cars.

This sounds legit TT. I heard from another fella that things didn't work out with the powertrane at the highER hp levels and this is what I was afraid of.
Still, should be a great car at 720 area, just not what I was hoping to see is all. Its not the first time I've ever had my hopes crushed.

I'm in the minority anyway...some guys will be all over it at that level and its really not something to scoff at, just not mind blowing.

If I didn't already have an S550 GT350R, I'd get this one though, but as it sits right now, its not quite worth it to me to buy this new one, in addition to the R, and there is no way I'm going to get rid of the R. So, not quite worth it to have both... make it a destroyer and I'd need to get it too.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
True! I'm still hoping for less than 4000 lbs and >750hp.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I wish I did.....but no, I know neither the specs nor when it'll be released. What I do know is we're getting ourselves tied in knots about what the car will/won't be. I wish I could stay away from this section of the forum.....but it's like a drug. I have to get my "GT500 information hit" every time I see a new comment!!!

I'm not holding my breath for Detroit (I'll be happy to see the Bullitt).....and, like the rest of you, I hope Ford don't keep us waiting too long otherwise we'll all be :headbonk:

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
It may be under 700hp. In fact I hope it is because based on 5.76 power to weight, this thing will be a pig.

Dang. Rumour is rumour still.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
It may be under 700hp. In fact I hope it is because based on 5.76 power to weight, this thing will be a pig.

Dang. Rumour is rumour still.
If that ratio was true and accurate I was thinking the same thing. 725 hp would be around 4160 pounds. If it were to weight about 3900 lbs it would be roughly 675 hp, would that be preferable?

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
For those that are/will be dissapointed with a sub or low 700 hp offering have only yourselves to blame as expecting 800-900 hp in an everyday driver is unrealistic. Theres more to making a great driver than just slapping a big blower with midteen lbs of boost on a tank chassis. I'm a blue coolaid drinker but chevrolet made an awesome machine with 650/3900, breaking hearts and taking names.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
If that ratio was true and accurate I was thinking the same thing. 725 hp would be around 4160 pounds. If it were to weight about 3900 lbs it would be roughly 675 hp, would that be preferable?
I would prefer the 725HP and 4160lb.... I mean, if that were the case we still have a 300lb weight advantage over the hellcat and an extra 18HP. I mean it would be right in the middle, since the ZL1 Weights a little more than 3880lb.

It MAY be a pig (compared to the ZL1) but as long as it is a "Pig" that can put the power down I would be pleased.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For those that are/will be dissapointed with a sub or low 700 hp offering have only yourselves to blame as expecting 800-900 hp in an everyday driver is unrealistic. Theres more to making a great driver than just slapping a big blower with midteen lbs of boost on a tank chassis. I'm a blue coolaid drinker but chevrolet made an awesome machine with 650/3900, breaking hearts and taking names.
Agreed that having a car able to break the tires loose at 70-80 mph doesn't make it quick at any track or necessarily fun at all to drive.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I would prefer the 725HP and 4160lb.... I mean, if that were the case we still have a 300lb weight advantage over the hellcat and an extra 18HP. I mean it would be right in the middle, since the ZL1 Weights a little more than 3880lb.

It MAY be a pig (compared to the ZL1) but as long as it is a "Pig" that can put the power down I would be pleased.
I think this would definitely mean they aren’t addressing way at all. And it would likely be the best chance at a car that will start around 65k. I still believe they could sell a next tier stang, hopefully that’s the one Bmac referrred to that could show up in 2021.

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Performance wise, lower weight is always better, better transition in turns, less to accelerate and decelerate.

Watching the HP guesses for this car is like watching Bitcoin value, someone says one thing with no backing and suddenly its an 850hp car, someone else says something and suddenly its only 700hp and thats somehow disappointing. For Pete's sake, lets just wait for them to tell us what it is.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I say 680hp/630tq
Sounds reasonable.

I arrived at my estimate by taking the latest 5.0 numbers, factoring them for the additional 0.2l displacement, and multiplying that by the % increase in HP and torque that the Hellcat/Demon make over their NA equivalent. I took the average % increase, so it is in between the Hellcat and Demon. My power estimate (725) is probably a little high. I'm there with your torque number.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Sounds reasonable.

I arrived at my estimate by taking the latest 5.0 numbers, factoring them for the additional 0.2l displacement, and multiplying that by the % increase in HP and torque that the Hellcat/Demon make over their NA equivalent. I took the average % increase, so it is in between the Hellcat and Demon. My power estimate (725) is probably a little high. I'm there with your torque number.
Can’t use the 5L with its 12:1 CR. The predator doesn’t appear to be direct injected so I’m spitballing it’ll be 9.5:1. The delta of the two engines is 2.5:1.

The hellcat vs NA has a delta of 1.4 (10.9 and 9.5).

Our 5.2 will make less based in your math. It’ll work better off of the 435hp coyote.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Think its going to be ......

This ..... 755 Hinted in Digital Gauge Cluster. ;) :D

:cheers:
2018-ford-mustang-digital-gauge-cluster-normal-view.jpg