daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Decided on this kit. 7 or 8 psi on 93 octane with G2. Almost enough saved to purchase. Got 56# Bosch injectors on standby to go in, 170 degree thermo in already & TSP Longtubes. Looking for 600 hp or so. Car is daily driver/go to meets. No track. Also have full Steeda suspension/springs, bmr cradle, irs inserts. OPG/CS on way. PBD will be tuning. Any other advice? Not looking for high horsepower or spend alot of $.
Spark Plugs? Fuel pump or BAP? Catch can?
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Decided on this kit. 7 or 8 psi on 93 octane with G2. Almost enough saved to purchase. Got 56# Bosch injectors on standby to go in, 170 degree thermo in already & TSP Longtubes. Looking for 600 hp or so. Car is daily driver/go to meets. No track. Also have full Steeda suspension/springs, bmr cradle, irs inserts. OPG/CS on way. PBD will be tuning. Any other advice? Not looking for high horsepower or spend alot of $. BAP or DW415 for fuel delivery?
Definitely ask PBD what they would advise for your goals. Lots of good advice on here but you always want to hear what your tuner thinks also.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Decided on this kit. 7 or 8 psi on 93 octane with G2. Almost enough saved to purchase. Got 56# Bosch injectors on standby to go in, 170 degree thermo in already & TSP Longtubes. Looking for 600 hp or so. Car is daily driver/go to meets. No track. Also have full Steeda suspension/springs, bmr cradle, irs inserts. OPG/CS on way. PBD will be tuning. Any other advice? Not looking for high horsepower or spend alot of $. BAP or DW415 for fuel delivery?
Keep in mind (and you'll be fine) the 125mm pulley at 7200-7500 is more like 9#s you'll easily hit 600 wheel.

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
I wonder why, especially after it has been repeatedly confirmed, ESS has not changed the ratings on their pulleys for the proper PSI. I know they rate the pulleys at lower RPMs, but coyotes are running higher and thus producing higher boost numbers than ESS advertises. An issue? No, just figured it would be adjusted.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I wonder why, especially after it has been repeatedly confirmed, ESS has not changed the ratings on their pulleys for the proper PSI. I know they rate the pulleys at lower RPMs, but coyotes are running higher and thus producing higher boost numbers than ESS advertises. An issue? No, just figured it would be adjusted.
The answer honestly?!!! They rate the psi at a 2nd genā€™s rpm not a 3rd gens. Helps when grudge racing someone who maybe researching what your mods are to find out what you are possibly putting downā€¦ just my 2 cents!

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Order placed!

G3, FIC 1000s, 120 and 110 mm pulleys, straight cut gears, juggernaut stage 3 fuel system with dual TI 274s and PTFE lines.

Will be doing a remote tuning session with Lund to dial it in on 93 and E85.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Order placed!

G3, FIC 1000s, 120 and 110 mm pulleys, straight cut gears, juggernaut stage 3 fuel system with dual TI 274s and PTFE lines.

Will be doing a remote tuning session with Lund to dial it in on 93 and E85.
chits about to get real.......

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
VMP ENF006 a good bap?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
VMP ENF006 a good bap?
It does what it's intended to do yes, but I would recommend a JMS unit with a turn on input.
I've used both. Started with the jms but had multiple issues with it. After 3 warranty claims I switched the vmp. No issues since then. I wanted to keep the jms but my cars a DD and I got tired of pulling it out over and over. I liked the idea of not constantly boosting the pump unless your on the gas but all my issues with the jms were related to wiring going to the pedal so it made sense to simplify things with a vmp. 82k miles and it hasn't killed my pump yet!

I will say jms customer service and warranty process was top notch everytime and I've never heard anyone else talking about issues with their unit. I just had bad luck I guess.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
DW400 coming in today from @beefcake . BAP on order from @LethalPerformance. Ordering kit 1st week of March. G2 with 125 mm pulley.

Last edited:

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
FYI Looks like you can now add the G4 intercooler to the G3 kit on the ESS website for $600 šŸ¤˜.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
FYI Looks like you can now add the G4 intercooler to the G3 kit on the ESS website for $600 šŸ¤˜.
Being a noob to this world, if one were going to maintain 9-10 lbs on 93 (just street driving) would their be any benefit? Meaning how much cooler would the charge be?

Im in Fl, and my only head scratcher is to keep the heat down. I was thinking about doing a meth kit, but that sounds like a PITA to get right.. Especially when it doesnt really matter at all and its just fun driving

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Being a noob to this world, if one were going to maintain 9-10 lbs on 93 (just street driving) would their be any benefit? Meaning how much cooler would the charge be?

Im in Fl, and my only head scratcher is to keep the heat down. I was thinking about doing a meth kit, but that sounds like a PITA to get right.. Especially when it doesnt really matter at all and its just fun driving
I am honestly not entirely sure, but Iā€™m sure others can weigh in with some clarification. I just saw the availability and wanted to let the group know.
Sponsored