ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Thanks @Brevin@ESS was getting a tad worried! Still love that blower whine. So good!
Sponsored

FoMoCo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
I am interested in purchasing a G3 kit. I am torn between the quiet gear option or standard. Does anyone have experience with the quiet set? How much quieter is the head unit?

JAXCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Premium Automatic Convertible.
@JaxStang904
Little bit of a drive, but this popped up on FB here in Florida if you're still looking for a centri. It's only the G2 but the kit is modular and not hard to upgrade. I have the G3 kit with Li Tuning return style fuel system if ya wanna take a look at how things are set up on mine. He's selling with injectors, larger G3 intercooler, BAP, and RTD tuner for $5K.... That's a hell of a deal for a day trip from Jax.

Last edited:

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
I am interested in purchasing a G3 kit. I am torn between the quiet gear option or standard. Does anyone have experience with the quiet set? How much quieter is the head unit?
There is a difference for sure. The loud gears still aren’t obnoxiously loud and they are my personal favorite. Just depends on how much you’d want to hear the blower. The best way I can describe them is the loud gears will let you know they are there without being too annoying. The quiet can be heard if you listen for them. Both can be heard with the hood up and outside the car. While Inside the cabin a faint whine for the loud and nearly inaudible with the quiet.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I for one absolutely love the straight cut gears when I'm in the car with the windows up. Just a bit of whine that you can hear when rpms are going up and down. Constant reminder that you have some awesome under the hood.

If I could have my cake and eat it too, I'd have it be a bit quieter outside the car, but that would sacrifice the inside sound, so not willing to trade. (But I'm also the one who's putting jpipes on stock exhaust to get rid of drone, so I'm special)

I only have 1-2k on it, so maybe it gets a bit quieter at 5k or so, we'll see.

My advice here would be this: If you don't want a reminder that you have a blower and/or are trying to to achieve near-stock sound or just don't like the blower-whine-sound in general, get helical cut. Otherwise, straight cut is the way to go!

Last edited:

Sponsored

FoMoCo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
Thanks for the info Brevin and lkeltner. I will need to make a decision.

Brevin, one more question. Can I purchase the X-impeller at a later date if I decide to upgrade and run a small pulley? I think the standard G3 configuration meets my needs currently.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info Brevin and lkeltner. I will need to make a decision.

Brevin, one more question. Can I purchase the X-impeller at a later date if I decide to upgrade and run a small pulley? I think the standard G3 configuration meets my needs currently.
Yes you can, it can be upgraded later down the road for a fair price. You can email me for more details.

[email protected]

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I ordered the quieter but think I got the straight cut. I was worried at first but now I love the sound. I like to think I’m in a jet fighter when I drive around! Lol

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Def sounds straight cut to me! And awesome!

Dyimon08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dyimon
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 M6
I plan on ordering the G3x this week. Currently I have catless lth, cai, ported 18+ manifold, catback, with 52lb injectors. Would you suggest bigger injectors and a BAP. What the advantages of swapping to a bigger fuel pump without a whole new return style fuel system.

2015 mustang gt

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I plan on ordering the G3x this week. Currently I have catless lth, cai, ported 18+ manifold, catback, with 52lb injectors. Would you suggest bigger injectors and a BAP. What the advantages of swapping to a bigger fuel pump without a whole new return style fuel system.

2015 mustang gt
Are you running 93 octane or E85?

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Keep in mind coyote spark sensors are sensitive. No need to add any additional resonance that COULD cause a false knock.. Jmo

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
The instructions only go to 105mm for the belts. Do the smaller pulley’s take the same belt as the 105mm or will there be an update to know what belt size for the smaller ones?
@Brevin@ESS what belt for 95mm or is it the same as the 100mm (never mind I saw your answer on the ESS facebook page)?Also what psi is the 95 rated at?
Sponsored

Last edited: