ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@Brad1810r80 While I will be running mostly 93, I wanted to be ready to switch to E85 anytime I want. And Im one of those that think that is better to "buy once, cry once"
Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks. So you went with triple pumps? Did you go with a return system or just upgraded your pumps? What man and where did you get them. I would prefer just to buy the fuel hat with pumps and everything installed instead of swapping them out myself, would speed things up when I do up grade. Do you know if anyone sells a Completed Fuel hat assembly?
Thanks for your help
Fore fuel system. They have different kits depending on your needs.

Tecronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Strange noise every time I shut the car off. Randomly happens at low RPM, usually letting off the gas when shifting into 2nd. Any ideas?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Strange noise every time I shut the car off. Randomly happens at low RPM, usually letting off the gas when shifting into 2nd. Any ideas?
BOV going bad??

Tecronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Whole ESS kit is only about 700 miles old. I checked all my charge pipe connections. Did not check the BOV. Guess the facia is coming off (again) tomorrow. I’m hoping it’s a small “hoot” noise from air escaping somewhere and not a spinning metal coming to a harsh stop kinda thing like a bearing going bad somewhere.

Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
For people with the 6MT, how are your clutches holding up? I've only got about 1000 miles on my kit (problem free BTW) and I'm noticing that my clutch is starting to feel a bit vague. I'm definitely not beating on the car (no launches, burnouts, donuts, etc) but I've certainly done plenty of pulls from various gears.

I realize that I've added a bit of power so additional wear is expected, but it seems a bit premature. (Car only has 11.5k on it currently.)

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
More tech info from the guy that some people hate but cant live w/o watching his videos. lol j/k

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I’m going with the G3 kit eventually. Seems like a no-brainer from everything I’ve seen so far.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
More tech info from the guy that some people hate but cant live w/o watching his videos. lol j/k

people do really have a hard time separating entertainment and their feels. Guy has some decent projects, not clickbaity, and delivers good info. Only thing he unfortunately lacks is a local 1/4 mile, they shut pbir down which is a real fucking shame. But the cancel culture is real with Alex. I myself probably don’t agree with 30-40% of what he says, but don’t let that cloud me from the other 60% of good content and info.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@SolarFlare agreed. I laugh every time he starts talking about some customers. It is entertaining. And I bet when some of those customers watch his videos, they start laughing too.

@TexasMetallic5.0 x2. G3 120mm

Sponsored

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
For people with the 6MT, how are your clutches holding up? I've only got about 1000 miles on my kit (problem free BTW) and I'm noticing that my clutch is starting to feel a bit vague. I'm definitely not beating on the car (no launches, burnouts, donuts, etc) but I've certainly done plenty of pulls from various gears.

I realize that I've added a bit of power so additional wear is expected, but it seems a bit premature. (Car only has 11.5k on it currently.)
If it’s stock u probably should have bought one when they were on sale. Cause yours will not last long. Holla at beefcake racing they always have good deals on stuff.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Very seriously looking into getting an ESS Kit.. trying to get my ducks in a row before I start ordering stuff and end up missing something...

2021 MT82 car - stock active exhaust w/ resonator delete.

Not looking for a specific number, car will most likely never see the track. I probably won't ever turn it up but who knows, anything can happen (which is why I am just getting the G3 now instead of the G2). Everything else I have no issue with upgrading down the road as needed.

I was thinking along these lines..

- G3 Kit w/ 120mm pulley
- GT500 Injectors (Unless tuner says otherwise)
- Vortech BAP
- NGK 6510 (Unless tuner says otherwise)

I would like to go with Wengerd for tuning and only want to run 93 fuel.

I have no issue with skipping the BAP if it won't be sufficient and going another route, but would need some guidance for a fuel setup.

Also, I don't care if I am leaving some power on the table due to having the stock cats, but will I have to worry about the stock cats going bad or will they be fine?... I have no problem with going catless if I have to, but would rather not unless necessary... I seen some posts about high-flow cats clogging with boost.

Any advice on any of this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Very seriously looking into getting an ESS Kit.. trying to get my ducks in a row before I start ordering stuff and end up missing something...

2021 MT82 car - stock active exhaust w/ resonator delete.

Not looking for a specific number, car will most likely never see the track. I probably won't ever turn it up but who knows, anything can happen (which is why I am just getting the G3 now instead of the G2). Everything else I have no issue with upgrading down the road as needed.

I was thinking along these lines..

- G3 Kit w/ 120mm pulley
- GT500 Injectors (Unless tuner says otherwise)
- Vortech BAP
- NGK 6510 (Unless tuner says otherwise)

I would like to go with Wengerd for tuning and only want to run 93 fuel.

I have no issue with skipping the BAP if it won't be sufficient and going another route, but would need some guidance for a fuel setup.

Also, I don't care if I am leaving some power on the table due to having the stock cats, but will I have to worry about the stock cats going bad or will they be fine?... I have no problem with going catless if I have to, but would rather not unless necessary... I seen some posts about high-flow cats clogging with boost.

Any advice on any of this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
All good minus you'd be better off with the id1050 injectors. That's what my tuner told me. You will need a BAP, more fuel and lower duty cycle is engine protection

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
All good minus you'd be better off with the id1050 injectors. That's what my tuner told me. You will need a BAP, more fuel and lower duty cycle is engine protection
so just ID1050 and BAP will be sufficient?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
so just ID1050 and BAP will be sufficient?
On 93 that should be fine. If pressure gets below ideal just drop a DW 415 in there and you’ll be golden. ID1050s can support E85 so that injector is very easily going to support whatever you throw at it on 93.
Sponsored