ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
They’re not a must-do mod. If you stay off the rev limiter or a 2-step, they’ll last the life of the engine. Centrifugal superchargers create a very linear power curve.
Was their a power limit reason to go with a return style fuel system instead of upgrading fuel pump only to run E85?
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Was their a power limit reason to go with a return style fuel system instead of upgrading fuel pump only to run E85?
Most tuners require a full return system to run a boosted coyote on E85.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks. So you did not Upgrade your OPG/CS? How well does it start, idle and cruise in town? Is the power lenier at WOT from start?
Thank you
No OPG/CS until I build the motor. The car drives as near stock as you can expect considering all it has done to it and putting down the hp it is. My wife likes driving the car better now with the ESS vs when it had the Roush due to how much more stock and linear it feels. Only issue I’ve had starting was during last winter running e85 and it would take two starts sometimes to start no issues since then and since I went from dual pumps to triple.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
No OPG/CS until I build the motor. The car drives as near stock as you can expect considering all it has done to it and putting down the hp it is. My wife likes driving the car better now with the ESS vs when it had the Roush due to how much more stock and linear it feels. Only issue I’ve had starting was during last winter running e85 and it would take two starts sometimes to start no issues since then and since I went from dual pumps to triple.
Thanks. So you went with triple pumps? Did you go with a return system or just upgraded your pumps? What man and where did you get them. I would prefer just to buy the fuel hat with pumps and everything installed instead of swapping them out myself, would speed things up when I do up grade. Do you know if anyone sells a Completed Fuel hat assembly?
Thanks for your help

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Just in case people are getting the wrong idea from my posts, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this kit. Everything about it and AJ's and Brevins's help along the way has been A+. I honestly couldn't think of how it could be better.

I am having issues that *seem* to be tune related. It could also be random original parts on my 24000mi car failing, or the new plugs or injectors being bad. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of that.

I'm picky about my drivability, and I'm sure I can get there, I just don't want to throw parts at it to throw parts at it.
Hi. So Did you figure out what was causing your issues?

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks. So you went with triple pumps? Did you go with a return system or just upgraded your pumps? What man and where did you get them. I would prefer just to buy the fuel hat with pumps and everything installed instead of swapping them out myself, would speed things up when I do up grade. Do you know if anyone sells a Completed Fuel hat assembly?
Thanks for your help
Return style. When I changed from the Roush to ESS Wengerd said for me to change from double to triple because of what my goals were. I run all Aeromotive stuff now hat and pumps. https://aeromotiveinc.com/product/2011-2017-mustang-s197-s550-pump-assemblies/

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I went to there website to look what there biggest supercharger kit with there 12psi pulley and There optional impeller they have cost. Not bad but then again I don’t know what it would transfer to power numbers this is for ‘18 and up.
BB4D30EA-398E-4221-8DBC-8A14849CE8A1.png

and this is the product description.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The intercooled ESS Tuning S550 GT 5.0 supercharger system is the culmination of over 25 years of forced induction experience and over 10.000 supercharger systems sold worldwide to date. The G3 supercharger has a max capacity of 1600CFM, and is ideal for the Coyote application in power ranges of 700-950WHP. Featuring the patented, highly efficient, extremely durable and light weight ESS G3 supercharger unit. This system delivers quick boost, a very strong mid range and considerably less mechanical noise vs competing systems. It is also extremely light with the entire system weighing in at 42lbs total weight, so it is ideal for racing applications where weight balance is a major concern.

The system utilizes a billet 25mm thick 6061 T6 main bracket assembly for zero flex, a 6rib belt drive system with billet idler pulleys and premium quality SKF idler bearings for extended service life, a 3" front mount intercooler (FMIC) that is designed to fit without modification to the OEM front bumper without modification and it features an integrated high capacity bypass. The S550 G3 supercharger system is a complete system with everything you need for correct installation besides injectors and software. For heavy duty applications we recommend adding a quality PCV catch can setup as well.

We recommend Arizona Elite Motorsports (https://www.arizonaelitemotorsports.com/) on the software/injector side as they have worked with us during product development to perfectly optimize their SC calibrations for this family of systems on both pump gas and E54/E85. nGauge is available through AEM direct for remote calibrations, and we can provide the MAF transfer table developed for this kit at no cost for custom tuning applications.

Power delivery is 100% smooth and of OEM standard when correctly calibrated. The system is virtually inaudible with the hood closed, straight cut gears is available as a no cost option if supercharger whine is desired.

And like all ESS supercharger systems, the S550 Coyote kits are extensively tested and guaranteed for 1 year against any hardware malfunction or defect regardless of mileage. We offer a full spare parts and upgrade part web shop for this system as well under our parts and maintenance section. Support is only offered on the supercharger hardware side, we refer to your tuner for any operational guidance as far as powertrain integration/calibration goes.

This system is offered as a Wholesale Direct product only, meaning it is not supplied through a dealer network and the price we offer is wholesale pricing direct to end user. This system is for clients that have the skill set to install and arrange the calibration on their own, and it is not meant as a complete package with full operational support for people with no experience in powertrain modifications. Quality throughout the kit is absolute top notch as is the system capacity and efficiency. This is a fantastic option for the enthusiast who is looking for a rock solid foundation to build his dream setup from.

The kit can easily be upgraded to G3X spec by adding the X trim billet impeller. This impeller increases the speed capacity of the supercharger and is recommended for applications with more than ~900WHP.

The optional 10PK drive system upgrade is available for both G2 and G3 systems as a direct bolt on upgrade. The standard bracket and idler system is already prepared for 10PK operation, but it is only recommended for extreme racing conditions or when power output approaches 1000HP.

System components:

-ESS G3 CCW internally lubricated high-efficiency supercharger unit.
-6PK belt drive system with 125mm supercharger pulley as standard (~7PSI peak boost on a stock engine, ideal for 91AKI use)
-Direct fit front mount intercooler system with casted end tanks for improved flow (FMIC).
-High capacity bypass-valve system.
-Flow optimized silicone one piece tubing throughout system.
-One belt driven w/auto tension system.
-CNC machined, hard anodized brackets.
-CNC hard anodized pulley.
-Long life Gates 6PK serpentine drive belt.
-Oil breather assembly designed for boost.
-K&N cold air intake located inside front bumper.
-Detailed and illustrated installation manual.
-1yr./unlimited mileage warranty.

Installation time: 6-8 hours
Hi. How do you like your ESS System so far? Thanks

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@DougS550 I went with the Radium Engineering Fuel pump hanger, (2) TI 285 fuel pumps, FC2 Dual pump controller, Fore fuel rails and FIC1000.

My plan is to run the ESS G3 120mm with 93.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
@DougS550 I went with the Radium Engineering Fuel pump hanger, (2) TI 285 fuel pumps, FC2 Dual pump controller, Fore fuel rails and FIC1000.

My plan is to run the ESS G3 120mm with 93.
That's what I want to do. I just don't want to switch out the fuel system to run E85 and have a reliable starting, driving car. Thanks

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
For a 120mm pulley, bap is enough… wanna go extra? Bap and pump…

but all that just to run 120 on 93 is a total waste…

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
For a 120mm pulley, bap is enough… wanna go extra? Bap and pump…

but all that just to run 120 on 93 is a total waste…
Thanks for your help. Have you heard of anyone Boosted who overspeed's their OEM Fuel Pump casing issues with Steady Fuel Pressure, Premature failure ETC?
Thanks

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
I’ve been running mine for 14 months with zero issues.

Thanks for your help. Have you heard of anyone Boosted who overspeed's their OEM Fuel Pump casing issues with Steady Fuel Pressure, Premature failure ETC?
Thanks

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Hi. So Did you figure out what was causing your issues?
I'm working directly with ESS for a bit and I'm 99.5% sure my drivability is down to the tune. The stuff I'm working with today is literally like stock. Only change so far in parts are ford coyote boost plugs instead of 6510's. The plugs themselves helped a small bit, but only masked the issue instead of solving it.

Everything is still in progress. I'll make a full report when it's done, but ESS has gone way above and beyond in helping me track this down. I definitely made the right choice when choosing a power adder company.
Sponsored