ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Tecronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I have the G2 kit, JMS fuel max EZ BAP, FIC 1000, IMRC lockoutinstalled with a 125mm on my 2020 GT and currently awaiting my first datalog to be reviewed by Lund. Driven around very easily on the base tune and have a few codes popping up on the RTD+
1. P053F Cold Start Fuel Pressure Performance Bank 1
2. P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor A Circuit High
I’m hoping these are just tune issues and will find out early this coming week.
My other concern was needing to buy a bigger belt. Got a Duralast 1050K6 6PK2670 at the local auto zone for now. I got some guidance on the ESS Facebook page and the consensus was either my belt wasn’t seated or I had an aftermarket pulley somewhere. I checked my work about 30 times and couldn’t see where I did anything wrong, got other eyes to check too. Bought the car new so there shouldn’t be any different pulleys. This belt is about 1 1/2” larger circumference and still has about 40% of the tensioner on it.

Anyone else run into any of this? I did this install myself and am not an expert. Otherwise the car seems to run great. Any input is welcome.
Sponsored

Tecronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
For reference this is a picture of the ESS supplied belt as close as it could get. Tensioner fully pulled to a stop by another person. Tried pulling over a smooth pulley as well. Tried for over an hour. I’d have definitely had to use some kind of lever on the belt itself to stretch it over.

CFDF4465-999C-41D4-BD11-1B9713411C83.jpeg

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
For reference this is a picture of the ESS supplied belt as close as it could get. Tensioner fully pulled to a stop by another person. Tried pulling over a smooth pulley as well. Tried for over an hour. I’d have definitely had to use some kind of lever on the belt itself to stretch it over.

This has been mentioned often in this thread. Perhaps Ford has different suppliers of pulleys as not everyone has this problem.
It seems most people with this issue go for a longer belt.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT

The belt you purchased is going to be too long. You can run a gates K061037 (6pk2649) if yours is tight. Also like Brad says you should install over the SC pulley first and slide over the smooth idler below it last. I have installed this belt combo dozens of times and sold hundreds of kits with this belt with no issues. I would check your routing again and made sure everything is seated properly. If so, the K061037 will work fine. But the belt you purchased is too long.

Sponsored

Tecronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
The belt you purchased is going to be too long. You can run a gates K061037 (6pk2649) if yours is tight. Also like Brad says you should install over the SC pulley first and slide over the smooth idler below it last. I have installed this belt combo dozens of times and sold hundreds of kits with this belt with no issues. I would check your routing again and made sure everything is seated properly. If so, the K061037 will work fine. But the belt you purchased is too long.
The 1037 was the first one I tried and it still wouldn’t fit. If I measure my pulleys would you be able to tell me if I have an odd size somewhere? I have micrometers, can measure to the thousandths.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
The 1037 was the first one I tried and it still wouldn’t fit. If I measure my pulleys would you be able to tell me if I have an odd size somewhere? I have micrometers, can measure to the thousandths.
Yeah something is for sure off then. I highly doubt the pulleys are a different size than other cars. But if you’d like you can send the measurements to [email protected]. My guess is belt routing is wrong or you don’t have the tensioner fully maxed out. The k061037 should fit easily.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I’d double and triple check the belt routing. There should be that much or more slack with the tensioner compressed, not that much too short.

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
Is the BAP on the ess website plug and play?

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
I use a pull bar on tensioner in one hand and slide the belt on the idler with other . Never had an issue.

I’d double and triple check the belt routing. There should be that much or more slack with the tensioner compressed, not that much too short.

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
@TEXAS HEAT I got the fuel hat with (2) TI pumps, Fore FC2 controller and FIC1000.

Thinking about getting fuel rails.
I think you will find the stock fuel rails will only supply about 700rwhp worth of fuel on e85, so I would definitely include them in your build.

Tecronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I’ve for sure checked the belt routing and that it is seated to the engine side grooves more times than I can count, on different days, had other people check, and pulled the tensioner to a positive stop every time. I had another person helping to pull the belt over multiple different pulleys and there was just no friggin’ way. I’m going to measure all my pulleys tomorrow and post.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I’ve for sure checked the belt routing and that it is seated to the engine side grooves more times than I can count, on different days, had other people check, and pulled the tensioner to a positive stop every time. I had another person helping to pull the belt over multiple different pulleys and there was just no friggin’ way. I’m going to measure all my pulleys tomorrow and post.
If you are unable to get it to fit with the tensioner maxed out without resorting to using pry bars, just go to the next size up belt. I'm running the 120mm pulley with the K061031 I originally had the K061025 on my 115mm pulley that would not go on no matter how much effort was expended. I switched to the K061031 and have not had any problems since. I believe the K061033 should work for you on the 125mm pulley.

Tecronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
If you are unable to get it to fit with the tensioner maxed out without resorting to using pry bars, just go to the next size up belt. I'm running the 120mm pulley with the K061031 I originally had the K061025 on my 115mm pulley that would not go on no matter how much effort was expended. I switched to the K061031 and have not had any problems since. I believe the K061033 should work for you on the 125mm pulley.
K061033 was the belt provided from ESS with the kit. I tried one size larger and it still wouldn’t roll over any pulley. The next size above that went on and has maybe 40% of the tensioner on it.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
K061033 was the belt provided from ESS with the kit. I tried one size larger and it still wouldn’t roll over any pulley. The next size above that went on and has maybe 40% of the tensioner on it.
That's definitely unusual to go up 2 belt sizes to get it to fit. Like others have said, make sure routing is good and is properly seated on each pulley, then route it around the SC pulley, then the last idler, which might make it easier to slip on.
Sponsored