ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Again you are withholding your order number which proves that you are either a troll with an agenda or the order doesn’t exist. No longer worth my time. Have a nice day
Brevin, I owe you an apology. I did some research into the matter on my end. I won't disclose the shop name, but when I pressed them for an order number and information as to why it took so long I was astonished that the kit arrived within 8 weeks. When I asked why I was told so long, and why when I decided to take the car and my kit away from them the package was so fumbled - they told me they had gone through the kit and possibly "misplaced" instructions and packaging foam. Which is why the kit when I got it looked like a disaster. That's not what they told me originally when I took my car and kit back.

I try to correct situations when I'm wrong, so I apologize for making a scene. I wish you the best, and yes I was being out of line and a bit of a baby. My apologies.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Brevin, I owe you an apology. I did some research into the matter on my end. I won't disclose the shop name, but when I pressed them for an order number and information as to why it took so long I was astonished that the kit arrived within 8 weeks. When I asked why I was told so long, and why when I decided to take the car and my kit away from them the package was so fumbled - they told me they had gone through the kit and possibly "misplaced" instructions and packaging foam. Which is why the kit when I got it looked like a disaster. That's not what they told me originally when I took my car and kit back.

I try to correct situations when I'm wrong, so I apologize for making a scene. I wish you the best, and yes I was being out of line and a bit of a baby. My apologies.
Damnit man, now I have to take back calling you a troll. As I always try to right my wrongs also.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2

Straight Up p Classy Man.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Did my run today, 2500-7500 rpm. Feels amazing with the octane booster. Still had a big cutout right before 7500rpm even though Lund says the rev limiter was set at 8100 right now. Tuner said traction control cut in at the top, but this didn't feel like that. Anyway, I don't plan on shifting at 7500 anyway. Stockish guys with a G2 and street tires, where are you shifting your 6MT?

On the off chance that I have to octane boost this thing, what's the bang for the buck here?

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Did my run today, 2500-7500 rpm. Feels amazing with the octane booster. Still had a big cutout right before 7500rpm even though Lund says the rev limiter was set at 8100 right now. Tuner said traction control cut in at the top, but this didn't feel like that. Anyway, I don't plan on shifting at 7500 anyway. Stockish guys with a G2 and street tires, where are you shifting your 6MT?

On the off chance that I have to octane boost this thing, what's the bang for the buck here?
Not running a g2 but I shift at 8k if I'm giving it a hard run. If your running octane booster your car should handle it no problem.

Boostane is great stuff. I've used it in every tank for 28k boosted miles. I'd guess 1/4 to 1/3 of a bottle would be enough per tank.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Not running a g2 but I shift at 8k if I'm giving it a hard run. If your running octane booster your car should handle it no problem.

Boostane is great stuff. I've used it in every tank for 28k boosted miles. I'd guess 1/4 to 1/3 of a bottle would be enough per tank.
i had a hard cutout at 7400rpm each freaking time i ran it. even with this full bottle of $32 octanium an 3/4 tank of 91. Lund recommended shifting at 7200rpm normally, i'll probably shift at 7k (but i'll let the eventual dyno session tell me for sure)

what exact octane booster are you buying?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
i had a hard cutout at 7400rpm each freaking time i ran it. even with this full bottle of $32 octanium an 3/4 tank of 91. Lund recommended shifting at 7200rpm normally, i'll probably shift at 7k (but i'll let the eventual dyno session tell me for sure)

I used boostane.

Do you have advance trak off when you do these pulls? If your knock sensors are pulling timing up top the car will feel sluggish but it shouldn't feel like a hard cut out if it's knock related. That sounds more like traction control.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

Have you contacted Wengerd about what he thinks? He has corrected quite a few other tuner shop issues. Good Luck

Acmepwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christy
Vehicle(s)
17' GT PP, 16' 2SS, 96' C4 LT4
FWIW OP, I'm Lund tuned, Gen2 PP car like you with a G3 on the 110mm pulley, 93 octane. I add half a can of Boostane Professional every fill up for peace of mind. During datalogging I turned traction control and advance trac off. I am running a Mickey Thompson ET Street SS, 305 35 20 rear tire though. Car pulls like a freight train and I shift at 7500 rpms. No complaints.

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Have you contacted Wengerd about what he thinks? He has corrected quite a few other tuner shop issues. Good Luck
You don't think Lund can tune a centrifugal supercharged car? Why spend money on another tune/tuner?

I would make sure traction control and stability control are off. May even want to unplug the "dyno plug" by the airbox. Then go try another pull. The nannies will close the throttle body even if your foot is to the floor.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
You don't think Lund can tune a centrifugal supercharged car? Why spend money on another tune/tuner?

I would make sure traction control and stability control are off. May even want to unplug the "dyno plug" by the airbox. Then go try another pull. The nannies will close the throttle body even if your foot is to the floor.
Well, one reason comes to mind? Your tune isn't working for you right?. Im just saying. Hope you get it worked out.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Well, one reason comes to mind? Your tune isn't working for you right?. Im just saying. Hope you get it worked out.
He just started the tuning process. Not even on the final tune from the sound of it. If this was an on going thing that Lund couldn't fix then switching might be an option but from the details we have so far I'm doubtful it's in the tune.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
He just started the tuning process. Not even on the final tune from the sound of it. If this was an on going thing that Lund couldn't fix then switching might be an option but from the details we have so far I'm doubtful it's in the tune.
Great, do keep us updated. Once you get it straightened out, you will be all smiles.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Great, do keep us updated. Once you get it straightened out, you will be all smiles.
Oh my Lund tuned car already rips. No more tuning needed. Lol But yes hopefully he gets it dialed in soon so he can enjoy!
Sponsored