Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
i will. i hope i can get this running without that being needed.

interestingly, and this might be the current tune, the 2500-7500 run on the highway in 3rd gear didn't even chirp the tires. and these are Michelin street tires.
It won’t, especially from that low of an RPM to start the pull
Sponsored

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
i will. i hope i can get this running without that being needed.

interestingly, and this might be the current tune, the 2500-7500 run on the highway in 3rd gear didn't even chirp the tires. and these are Michelin street tires.
Man my G3 with 120mm starts off with grip then just blows the tires off once it gets to the top of the RPMs. 305 Michelin PSS

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Man my G3 with 120mm starts off with grip then just blows the tires off once it gets to the top of the RPMs. 305 Michelin PSS
You have a gen 3 car, a bigger blower, smaller pulley, and more gears but it’s possible his knock issue is pulling a lot of timing too

skunkjunk420

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skunk
Vehicle(s)
2020S550GTP
With all the hype and excitement on these kits i'm starting to think I want in on the fun. So let's figure out what all is needed and maybe some can chime in with some pointers. Let's start with the kit, going on a 2020 10speed. G3x kit, this is what I got on my order... So the g3 with x-trim, here's my first question. Is the x-trim more quiet than the standard or is it the opposite and x-trim equals jet fighter? Staying on pump 93 for now I selected the 120mm pulley. Precision turbo blowoff valve. Injectors? Yes or no? will stock work for now and upgrade later when on e85, or just get the 1050's now? Will the DW415 work with the pump booster and be fine for high 600 low 700 to the wheels? Overall goal is 800rwhp range later on e85. Any and all help is greatly appreciated

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
With all the hype and excitement on these kits i'm starting to think I want in on the fun. So let's figure out what all is needed and maybe some can chime in with some pointers. Let's start with the kit, going on a 2020 10speed. G3x kit, this is what I got on my order... So the g3 with x-trim, here's my first question. Is the x-trim more quiet than the standard or is it the opposite and x-trim equals jet fighter? Staying on pump 93 for now I selected the 120mm pulley. Precision turbo blowoff valve. Injectors? Yes or no? will stock work for now and upgrade later when on e85, or just get the 1050's now? Will the DW415 work with the pump booster and be fine for high 600 low 700 to the wheels? Overall goal is 800rwhp range later on e85. Any and all help is greatly appreciated
The X-Trim simply allows for a higher turbine speed when it's pushed really hard. I doubt the sound changes at all because that's determined by the cut of the gears. As for fueling someone else can chime in

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
So nice to see more people jumping on this kit. I have been following it since the start and even had a good conversation with Brad (member here) and Brevin so I decided this was the kit I wanted but sadly had to sold my car. I plan to buy another one when things get better so hope to go for the G4 max effort 💪💪 let’s see what happens.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@skunkjunk420 if you are planning on 800whp you better get fuel upgrades now. I got my injectors FIC1000 from @Stephen@lethal Pretty sure he can help you out.

skunkjunk420

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skunk
Vehicle(s)
2020S550GTP
@skunkjunk420 if you are planning on 800whp you better get fuel upgrades now. I got my injectors FIC1000 from @Stephen@lethal Pretty sure he can help you out.
Beside injectors what else do think is needed? Will the DW415 and boost a pump work for now? I see Lethal has the injectors and boost a pump in 1 package

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@skunkjunk420 my goal is 650-700whp with 93. But I believe in upgrading for more than you actually need to.

I went with

FIC1000
Radium engineering fuel hat
FC2 pump controller
(2) TI 285 fuel pump

I might still order fuel rails and do a fuel return system.

Bonedizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Weird, was never false when I had issues. I must have been the unlucky one. I must have decided to come on here, make an entirely false post up for no reason. Amazing, ESS went on a hiring spree all of a sudden.

All jokes aside, I got rid of my kit. Asbjorn did me a solid which took sometime, but made it right during that time.

My point isn't the blower quality, my kit did not come properly packaged, I had 1 sheet of photos, and you never 1 time returned any of my calls. I called numerous times, and I get it it was close to Christmas etc.
Since I am the one who bought your kit, just want to make sure everything was ironed out before you sold it to me. The blower I got wasn't the one that was not shipped correct with blood on it was it???

Sponsored

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Beside injectors what else do think is needed? Will the DW415 and boost a pump work for now? I see Lethal has the injectors and boost a pump in 1 package
Buy the injectors you want upfront and install those. For now just get the BAP and you’ll be set for pump gas.

skunkjunk420

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skunk
Vehicle(s)
2020S550GTP
Buy the injectors you want upfront and install those. For now just get the BAP and you’ll be set for pump gas.
Upfront my apologies, Im new to the mustang . So then will I need the DW pump and pump booster?
This is what my kit looks like at the moment
Pulley Diameter:6PK 120mm (8PSI)
Impeller:X-Trim 7075 impellerVolute
color:Satin (standard)
Blow Off Valve Turbo 50mmFuel
Injectors:None
Fuel PumpW415 with S550 install kit
Model year:18-22 (Gen.3)
Pump Booster:None
Should add injectors? Add pump booster? Get rid of Fuel pump DW415

Thanks a million in advanced for all the help \m/

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual
Anyone know if there's a way to use the new cobra jet manifold (link below) with an ESS kit?

https://www.trackey.ford.com/part/M-9424-M50CJB

I know that the tube that connects to the throttle body is made to fit the stock TB, but I'm wondering if there's a work around.

@Brevin@ESS Do you have any thoughts on this, Brevin?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Anyone know if there's a way to use the new cobra jet manifold (link below) with an ESS kit?

https://www.trackey.ford.com/part/M-9424-M50CJB

I know that the tube that connects to the throttle body is made to fit the stock TB, but I'm wondering if there's a work around.

@Brevin@ESS Do you have any thoughts on this, Brevin?
question is why would you even want to? When one size smaller pulley can net almost double the gains for a tiny fraction of the cost

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Upfront my apologies, Im new to the mustang . So then will I need the DW pump and pump booster?
This is what my kit looks like at the moment
Pulley Diameter:6PK 120mm (8PSI)
Impeller:X-Trim 7075 impellerVolute
color:Satin (standard)
Blow Off Valve Turbo 50mmFuel
Injectors:None
Fuel PumpW415 with S550 install kit
Model year:18-22 (Gen.3)
Pump Booster:None
Should add injectors? Add pump booster? Get rid of Fuel pump DW415

Thanks a million in advanced for all the help \m/
Fueling is really tuner dependent. I’d suggest contacting your Tuner, letting them know your goals, and seeing what they recommend.

To run pump gas Id want at the very least a booster and LU47s.

Some will say you can run E85 on a booster and LU47s while others will say you need FIC 1000s or better plus a booster or better fuel pumps.

However, I’ve seen tuners say they won’t tune boosted applications on E85 without a return style fuel system.

So essentially contact your intended tuner and see what they suggest for fueling.

if you want loud noises request straight cut gears.
Sponsored