ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Ok, we got it going. Had to have Lund give me an OS code, then I had to dig and dig through VCM to find out WHERE that code goes. (vehicle profiles!) Once I got that done, crank relearn was available and I completed it with no issues and now I'm logging and getting tune updates. So far so good!

For those that have done a UPR catch can with this setup or a boosted setup similar, which did you end up going with? They have a bunch of options. I'd be open to another brand as well if it's better suited.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Acmepwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christy
Vehicle(s)
17' GT PP, 16' 2SS, 96' C4 LT4
Ok, we got it going. Had to have Lund give me an OS code, then I had to dig and dig through VCM to find out WHERE that code goes. Once I got that done, crank relearn was available and I completed it with no issues and now I'm logging and getting tune updates. So far so good!

For those that have done a UPR catch can with this setup or a boosted setup similar, which did you end up going with? They have a bunch of options. I'd be open to another brand as well if it's better suited.
I installed the UPR PRODUCTS BILLET DUAL INLET BREATHER TANK PLUG N PLAY BLACK (2015-2021 MUSTANG GT) 5029-221
Beefcake sells them.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I installed the UPR PRODUCTS BILLET DUAL INLET BREATHER TANK PLUG N PLAY BLACK (2015-2021 MUSTANG GT) 5029-221
Beefcake sells them.
Thank you, just ordered!

So I'd cap the line that connects to the passenger valve cover line and reroute the passenger line to this catch can along with the drivers side correct?

Acmepwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christy
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, just ordered!

So I'd cap the line that connects to the passenger valve cover line and reroute the passenger line to this catch can along with the drivers side correct?
Yup, UPR sends you everything you need and it is literally plug n play. Great finish and installed in a few minutes. I also installed their coolant expansion tank.

Sponsored

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
need a bit of advice: I'm to the point where I did a 2500 to 7500 WOT pull. it cut out right at the top (knock sensors) and i sent the log.

Lund says drop a can of octane booster in it to test again. My whole plan here was to run this car on 91 octane with no octane booster, even if i lose some top end. I don't want to have to add cans all the time.

Lund says to swap the pulley to lower by 2-3PSI. I told him i'm already on the largest pulley.

He said sorry, we need the can of octane booster.

is anyone able to run this kit on a stock motor on 91 pump gas without octane booster? that's been my plan all along....

Acmepwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christy
Vehicle(s)
need a bit of advice: I'm to the point where I did a 2500 to 7500 WOT pull. it cut out right at the top (knock sensors) and i sent the log.

Lund says drop a can of octane booster in it to test again. My whole plan here was to run this car on 91 octane with no octane booster, even if i lose some top end. I don't want to have to add cans all the time.

Lund says to swap the pulley to lower by 2-3PSI. I told him i'm already on the largest pulley.

is anyone able to run this kit on a stock motor on 91 pump gas without octane booster? that's been my plan all along....
Well usually they ask you to put in a can of either Torco, Boostane or Octanium when you are WOT datalogging to determine if the knock is due to poor fuel quality or something else....

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Like mentioned above, this step is for troubleshooting the knock. You wont need to run it all of the time unless you have absolutely horrible gas near you but it's a tool for identifying if you have real or false knock. Simply put if the knock is fuel related, it will go away with the octane booster. If the knock is false, welcome to hell.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
thnx guys, i'll go do it

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX

Like others have said the octane booster is to eliminate that chance of it being real knock. If it doesn't go away after that you'll be chasing false knock. Are you manual or auto?

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Wait until you use up some of the gas in the tank. Then add the octane booster then throw a few more gallons on top and drive for a few miles before doing the log again. To make sure is properly mixed

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Wait until you use up some of the gas in the tank. Then add the octane booster then throw a few more gallons on top and drive for a few miles before doing the log again. To make sure is properly mixed
Yeah I'm almost empty.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Like others have said the octane booster is to eliminate that chance of it being real knock. If it doesn't go away after that you'll be chasing false knock. Are you manual or auto?
Manual (also it's in the signature ;) )

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Yeah I always forget to look down there! Good luck with finishing your tuning. Keep us posted if the octane booster helps.
i will. i hope i can get this running without that being needed.

interestingly, and this might be the current tune, the 2500-7500 run on the highway in 3rd gear didn't even chirp the tires. and these are Michelin street tires.
Sponsored