ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

pittzy23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
They are currently testing a larger intercooler. They posted it on the ESS Facebook group.

Also, you guys running no front bumper bar are crazy. Hopefully you don’t get in a front end collision.
I'm on that page as well. Staying tuned for updates for sure.

I think if I get in a significant front on collision the stock beam / intercooler / chromoly supports / etc. are all going to crush like pop cans. small fender bender stuff might be a different story.
How quickly are they dropping down after?
They recover quite quickly. minute or so probably. usually quick enough that I dont even notice it on the dash gauges.
That's good to see. I'd probably just run that larger IC even with the G2 kit.

And agreed on the crash bar. Just run the steeda/bmr crash bar. It's only ~$130 and you save 10lbs.
Im already running a G3 intercooler with my G2 head unit.

if I have the bumper off I would throw on one of those BMR supports since they are inexpensive. still 10lbs heavier than none at all though :)
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Do they or will they ever offer an X version impeller for the G2 like they do for the G3? Not all of us are trying to get to that 1k horsepower digits, but faster spooling is always nice!

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
I'm on that page as well. Staying tuned for updates for sure.

I think if I get in a significant front on collision the stock beam / intercooler / chromoly supports / etc. are all going to crush like pop cans. small fender bender stuff might be a different story.
I think the difference is the stock beam is designed to absorb impact. So while you’re right, they will all be destroyed in a frontal collision it’s how badly everything behind that (including you) is damaged. Insurance likely won’t take too kindly to something like that being removed should they actually look at the car.

At the end of the day everyone can do whatever they want with their cars.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Do they or will they ever offer an X version impeller for the G2 like they do for the G3? Not all of us are trying to get to that 1k horsepower digits, but faster spooling is always nice!
The x impeller just enables you to spin it more and it only matters with running a less than 100mm pulley at full tilt all the way at the top. The real issue is the capacity. The volute can only flow so much air at one time. What you'd get is a power curve that levels off earlier because it's reached its max flow. People have done this. I saw a dyno of a camaro with the g2 on a 95 or 90 I can't remember but it peaks then plateaus which could be desirable in some circumstances I guess. It's not much more to just switch to a G3. By the way the camaro made something stupid like 900 wheel.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
The x impeller just enables you to spin it more and it only matters with running a less than 100mm pulley at full tilt all the way at the top. The real issue is the capacity. The volute can only flow so much air at one time. What you'd get is a power curve that levels off earlier because it's reached its max flow. People have done this. I saw a dyno of a camaro with the g2 on a 95 or 90 I can't remember but it peaks then plateaus which could be desirable in some circumstances I guess. It's not much more to just switch to a G3. By the way the camaro made something stupid like 900 wheel.
Are you running the x trim on your G3 unit?

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Gotcha! Trying to guesstimate where I will land power wise with my setup. You have great numbers but have a MT vs my AT so I will lose some in drivetrain loss.
Lots of variables to account for. The g3 100 with ethanol should be 850+

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Lots of variables to account for. The g3 100 with ethanol should be 850+
Definitely lots of variables! I’ll be happy if I end up somewhere between 850-900. Then the task of fortifying items to handle all that and slowly finding ways to make more and more power.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Sounds reply, thank you. I'm only looking to get a solid 800 after it's all said & done. I'm trying to keep the internals in one piece & not having to replace an engine so I'd figure 800 was more than enough to try & hook on an unprepared street.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Sounds reply, thank you. I'm only looking to get a solid 800 after it's all said & done. I'm trying to keep the internals in one piece & not having to replace an engine so I'd figure 800 was more than enough to try & hook on an unprepared street.
A 105 or 100 pulley can do that. I made like 809 on the 105 and e54 stock intake stock active exhaust but catless.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
A 105 or 100 pulley can do that. I made like 809 on the 105 and e54 stock intake stock active exhaust but catless.
Yeah I'll be running pump E85 mostly which is like 70 in my neck of the woods. Maybe add headers down the line & full 3" exhaust & be done with it. I'm hoping to get that accomplished with out having to redo the whole fuel system. Trying go for a budget build.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Yeah I'll be running pump E85 mostly which is like 70 in my neck of the woods. Maybe add headers down the line & full 3" exhaust & be done with it. I'm hoping to get that accomplished with out having to redo the whole fuel system. Trying go for a budget build.
On E70 I think a return style fuel system is going to be nearly mandatory?