Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I was looking for some larger injectors and I got some. I wanted to replicate Shawn's 994 number on the 100mm. I switched to e85 larger injectors larger rails larger feed line. No fuel restrictions possible. The car made 893 which is about 15 more than on the previous setup with smaller injectors, stock rails, lu47s, dw400 and bap. I personally think lu47s could do e85 and make over 950 wheel with the proper boost. Long story short though. I don't see the benefit in upgrading anything other than the fuel pump unless you are reaching for 4 digits.
I have a G3X on the 110 pulley (fuel system, e85, etc) and based on weight and what it trapped I think it makes 775ish at the tire. You made ~115whp more than me going down to the 100mm although on the standard compressor wheel (not sure if that's even a measurable difference). Do you have any exhaust work? I think my car having a completely stock exhaust is hindering some power considering I was only seeing 27ish on the back half at the track.

Jessemw003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt 50th Anniversary
I have a G3X on the 110 pulley (fuel system, e85, etc) and based on weight and what it trapped I think it makes 775ish at the tire. You made ~115whp more than me going down to the 100mm although on the standard compressor wheel (not sure if that's even a measurable difference). Do you have any exhaust work? I think my car having a completely stock exhaust is hindering some power considering I was only seeing 27ish on the back half at the track.
Stock exhaust will definitely put you down some power. Put some headers and a better cat back and you’ll get the power up there

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Stock exhaust will definitely put you down some power. Put some headers and a better cat back and you’ll get the power up there
I have a set of header with off road leads and a tubular kmember going in shortly. I was hoping someone would have real world data showing the gains. Yolo had a video where he gained 50whp on a 2019 vortech car that went from stock exhaust to catless headers and the factory catback.

Id be happy with 35whp.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I have a set of header with off road leads and a tubular kmember going in shortly. I was hoping someone would have real world data showing the gains. Yolo had a video where he gained 50whp on a 2019 vortech car that went from stock exhaust to catless headers and the factory catback.

Id be happy with 35whp.
Actually, he gained 20whp with the addition of the 3' MAGNAFLOW exhaust. He was already equipped with long tubes and an FFE. You will likely add an additional 50whp by eliminating the factory exhaust manifolds, cats and stock cat-back on a boosted application.

Sponsored

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Actually, he gained 20whp with the addition of the 3' MAGNAFLOW exhaust. He was already equipped with long tubes and an FFE. You will likely add an additional 50whp by eliminating the factory exhaust manifolds, cats and stock cat-back on a boosted application.

I know he also did a video on the cat back.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Having everything the same, will the g3 make more power than the g2? Same pulley size, same injectors, fuel, everything

pittzy23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Having everything the same, will the g3 make more power than the g2? Same pulley size, same injectors, fuel, everything
Yes; probably around the 40-50 whp mark with all else equal

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
catless stock exhaust manifolds, x pipe and stock active valve exhaust. From what i've been told the G3X doesnt shine until you start to overspin the G3. So I would think the results between the two would be basically the same. I say that but as we all saw Shawn's car made crazy power on the G3X, something like 1104 on the 95mm and 994 on the 100mm. Aside from the x trim and his being an auto our cars are really similar. He I think is in Indiana and I'm in AZ so sure I wont make quite as much as him and thats if the dynos are reading close to one another but I think it could just be tune related. Lund has figured out the right method of getting the most out of these setups. I did have my car dyno'd again this past thursday with the new fuel system and it did 893/650 on the same dyno I have always gone to.

Mustang8111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang gt
Well car fired right up with base tune. Thanks wengerd Perf!
Problem is I have a coolant leak at new black 90 degree ess piece. Bolts are tight. Am o missing a gasket or oring?
Anyone else have this issue?

Sponsored

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
Well car fired right up with base tune. Thanks wengerd Perf!
Problem is I have a coolant leak at new black 90 degree ess piece. Bolts are tight. Am o missing a gasket or oring?
Anyone else have this issue?
i believe there is an o ring in there. I replaced mine since I was also doing the 170* thermostat. You may have pinched yours somehow

Mustang8111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang gt
Well that’s not good
I definitely don’t have a o ring
Where does this o ring go?
When changing the ess piece , the thermostat almost fell out.
Any Pics by chance
Looks like I’m taking shit apart.

Jessemw003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt 50th Anniversary
Well that’s not good
I definitely don’t have a o ring
Where does this o ring go?
When changing the ess piece , the thermostat almost fell out.
Any Pics by chance
Looks like I’m taking shit apart.
The o-ring should be the same size as the oem one. Just reuse it

Last edited:

Mustang8111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang gt
There was no oring in the kit. But found this down under The alternator. I’m guessing this is the missing O-ring

7C323ECA-9F5A-48BA-92B3-DA2D50860D8D.jpeg

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
There was no oring in the kit. But found this down under The alternator. I’m guessing this is the missing O-ring

7C323ECA-9F5A-48BA-92B3-DA2D50860D8D.jpeg
That’s the one.
Sponsored