ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
There is definitely more acceleration before the 3500 rpm, but it's not as noticeable compared to after 3500rpm. I'm not sure if the smaller unit with a smaller pulley would help that at all. But my understanding is it's the nature of the centrifugal super charger. If your looking for below that, it's probably better to go with a PD type blower. I chose the centri because I wanted to maintain close to stock drivability when I'm not horsing around.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Impeller and volute size are larger. G3 comes standard with a cast impeller, you can upgrade to the G3 X-trim for the billet impeller.
Brevin, is that a change. I thought I have seen Old You Tube Videos saying the G3 And G4 were both billet?

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Brevin, is that a change. I thought I have seen Old You Tube Videos saying the G3 And G4 were both billet?
Yea, I thought that the G3 was a billet impeller when I ordered, was that not the case?

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
You have to select X-trim for the billet impeller.

1652796005186.png
For some reason I thought it was mentioned that all of the G3 stuff was billet earlier this year, but would be changing to cast later. @Brevin@ESS, can you confirm either way?

Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Either way, I'm still happy with my kit and would recommend it to anyone looking for a centrifugal setup.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Brevin, does the X Trim perform noticeably better than a standard impeller ?

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
This is per my converstion with AJ from ESS:

"The standard G3 can do ~900whp without much effort. The X can spin faster and we have seen them up another 50-75whp when span at full RPM with the 10PK drive system and 90mm pulley. Personally I would run the normal G3 kit with 105mm pulley and mid 800whp and call it a day. Crazy power, low cost and it is still driveable on the street as long as you have good tires."

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
X-trim will simply allow for more blower rpm. The x-trim and the cast G3 impeller are the same design just different materials. So the performance is the same until you reach the rpm limit of the cast impeller.

Sponsored

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
I've been reading through this entire thread over the course of a couple months, and was initially sold on the Procharger P1-X before hand, but after I talked with Brevin, my tuner and you all's trial and error I finally ordered my G3 KIT with a 120mm Pulley yesterday. Car is a GEN 2 FBO, will be going Fuel system and E85 later on in the year. Just recently installed Ben Calimer Stage 3, Lethal LPXHD, Alum D.S. etc. Any other stick cars out there enjoying the kit? Looks to be top notch quality, and thus far the customer service on dealing with ESS has been solid. Looking forward to it!

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I've been reading through this entire thread over the course of a couple months, and was initially sold on the Procharger P1-X before hand, but after I talked with Brevin, my tuner and you all's trial and error I finally ordered my G3 KIT with a 120mm Pulley yesterday. Car is a GEN 2 FBO, will be going Fuel system and E85 later on in the year. Just recently installed Ben Calimer Stage 3, Lethal LPXHD, Alum D.S. etc. Any other stick cars out there enjoying the kit? Looks to be top notch quality, and thus far the customer service on dealing with ESS has been solid. Looking forward to it!
My car is a 6 speed and I'm enjoying the kit alot, I've got a gen 3 pp1, so different gearing and transmission, but its a great kit and I'm happy with my choice.

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
My car is a 6 speed and I'm enjoying the kit alot, I've got a gen 3 pp1, so different gearing and transmission, but its a great kit and I'm happy with my choice.
Seems like it operates like stock until around 3500? First time centrifugal this way.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Yes, in my experience it's very similar to stock, a nice linear acceleration. Below 3500 it's pretty docile, I can feel a little extra umph, but all of the real fun begins above 3500 rpm.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes, in my experience it's very similar to stock, a nice linear acceleration. Below 3500 it's pretty docile, I can feel a little extra umph, but all of the real fun begins above 3500 rpm.
it been raining solid here in NZ, so at 3800ish rpm I can only tell you I go sideways
Sponsored