ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

johndnardi07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
21 Explorer ST , 21 GT Mustang , 16 Fusion
I haven't looked in this thread enough to see but what catch can are you guys using . Can you provide a direct link ? We just installed the G3 kit today on my 21 and Im looking to add a oil catch can set up asap
Sponsored

Acmepwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christy
Vehicle(s)
17' GT PP, 16' 2SS, 96' C4 LT4

johndnardi07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Hey John-
I'm running a UPR on mine. It's in the picture I sent you when you guys tuned my car for the G3. Christy

Link attached: https://www.uprproducts.com/11-21-mustang-gt-5-0-or-v6-billet-dual-inlet-breather-tank-plug-n-play/

Thank you Christy ! I appreciate it . We were just talking about you today and how you provided us feedback on the kit . Overall how many have recently and how easy of a install this kit was after finishing mine

Did you happen to add the Hi-Flo Billet PCV Fitting to the UPR can ?

Acmepwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christy
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Christy ! I appreciate it . We were just talking about you today and how you provided us feedback on the kit . Overall how many have recently and how easy of a install this kit was after finishing mine

Did you happen to add the Hi-Flo Billet PCV Fitting to the UPR can ?
You're welcome! Yes I did add the Hi-Flo Billet PCV fitting to mine. I have to say the whole UPR unit is very well made and really is plug n play. I also installed their vacuum block too so it would be a cleaner installation overall. I'm very pleased with the G3 kit and my UPR pieces. Also, I have to say you and Dakota really helped me alot, answering my neverending questions, dialing in my car and I couldn't be happier with my Lund tune!

Acmepwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christy
Vehicle(s)
You're welcome! Yes I did add the Hi-Flo Billet PCV fitting to mine. I have to say the whole UPR unit is very well made and really is plug n play. I also installed their vacuum block too so it would be a cleaner installation overall. I'm very pleased with the G3 kit and my UPR pieces. Also, I have to say you and Dakota really helped me alot, answering my neverending questions, dialing in my car and I couldn't be happier with my Lund tune!
Post a pic of your install for us to see when you get a chance.

Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
By the way I'm fairly certain an improper maf calibration will give an incorrect boost figure.

johndnardi07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Post a pic of your install for us to see when you get a chance.
I will get some more photos here soon. The car is at the office at Lund Racing right now. We are adding the DW pump Monday due to seeing some fuel pressure concerns on the last pull we did . I did post a quick start up vide on my Facebook here ( it should be public) - https://www.facebook.com/johndnardi07

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Had my car on the dyno today at a local Mustang shop, Rev8 Motorsports in Woodstock Ontario. G2 with G3 intercooler, gt350 manifold, 87mm Bullitt TB, catless LTH full 3" Had the car on the 105mm pulley. Over the winter I added a DW X2 return fuel setup to run E85 and the car was on that fuel today. Made 808hp at 7200. The boost gauge on the dyno machine said the car was only making 10.5psi at 7200, which seems a little low for the pulley. Did 2 pulls and they were near identical. Pretty happy with it over all. Next up is some track time hopefully in the next week or so to try and get that 9 second pass.
Video of the run
https://youtu.be/HXHs1mePSpc

20220514_120359.jpg

20220514_115631.jpg

20220514_154125.jpg
Witnessed! Beauty runs and consistent! Well done!

By the way I'm fairly certain an improper maf calibration will give an incorrect boost figure.
Depends on where you’re getting the boost figure from. If it’s from the cars dash calculating it then the MAF data HAS be correct for accuracy. If it’s a mechanical sensor plumbed in to the intake then the reading will be accurate regardless of the MAF and tuning.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Witnessed! Beauty runs and consistent! Well done!

Depends on where you’re getting the boost figure from. If it’s from the cars dash calculating it then the MAF data HAS be correct for accuracy. If it’s a mechanical sensor plumbed in to the intake then the reading will be accurate regardless of the MAF and tuning.
Correct, I'm referring to the cars boost pid which is a calculation.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Correct, I'm referring to the cars boost pid which is a calculation.
Ah gotcha. I missed that part. My apologies. You are correct. The PID is only as accurate as the data from the MAF. I’ve found with mine anyways (different blower though but won’t make a difference) that the PID, in dash boost/vacuum and a mechanical gauge plumbed to the intake port to be almost identical which does tell me the MAF data is good.

Sponsored

SupremeFocus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 10R80
Brevin does the G3 come with a billet impeller or is it cast like the G2 ? what makes the G3 flow more cfn then the G2?

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Brevin does the G3 come with a billet impeller or is it cast like the G2 ? what makes the G3 flow more cfn then the G2?
Impeller and volute size are larger. G3 comes standard with a cast impeller, you can upgrade to the G3 X-trim for the billet impeller.

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
No new updates on my car. But I've been daily driving my car the past two months pretty much everyday and its doing great. I swap back to the 125mm pulley then also. To me on the street with my nitto 305/35r20 555r2 this power level is perfect. I can actually use 3rd gear and not blow tires off :). My new goal for the car is to run a 9 sec pass on the 125mm pulley. My son plays one more month of travel then I'll be able to get back to track.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
Just a quick update, Brevin was kind enough to send me a clamp kit for my setup so I can replace them all, great customer service! Took the car to work today and boy does it make some steam now. Once the car rev's to around 3500 rpm \/\/\/

170203-space-light-travel-mn-1200.jpg

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Just a quick update, Brevin was kind enough to send me a clamp kit for my setup so I can replace them all, great customer service! Took the car to work today and boy does it make some steam now. Once the car rev's to around 3500 rpm \/\/\/

170203-space-light-travel-mn-1200.jpg
Does it start picking up over the NA at 3500rpm, or is it sooner and at 3500 rpm it’s already well into the boost feeling?
reason I ask is that most of my city driving is never much above 3500/4000.
Sponsored