Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Wondering the same being limited to 91 in the SW.
You'll be limited to about 680-700 wheel. Possibly lower. When we tuned mine it made 680 and we ended up backing it off to be safer. That was on the 8.5 psi pulley
Sponsored

Last edited:

CrimsonChin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
SRT 8 300C , GEN 1 Mustang
Whatā€™s truly stopping me from using this kit on my S197/Gen 1? Iā€™ve had my eye on them since Early 2021 and Iā€™ve seen multiple people say the Rotrex Centrifugal fits the S550 but never have I once saw someone say it wouldnā€™t fit the Gen 1 Coyotes/ S197 ā€˜s

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Whatā€™s truly stopping me from using this kit on my S197/Gen 1? Iā€™ve had my eye on them since Early 2021 and Iā€™ve seen multiple people say the Rotrex Centrifugal fits the S550 but never have I once saw someone say it wouldnā€™t fit the Gen 1 Coyotes/ S197 ā€˜s
The head unit sits where the ABS pump is on an S197 car, which is why a S197 procharger faces the opposite direction.

CrimsonChin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
SRT 8 300C , GEN 1 Mustang
The head unit sits where the ABS pump is on an S197 car, which is why a S197 procharger faces the opposite direction.
Thatā€™s it ? So what if people wanted to use this on a Swap or Relocate that specific part?

Sponsored

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Thatā€™s it ? So what if people wanted to use this on a Swap or Relocate that specific part?
If you are willing to fabricate or relocate things, anything will fit. As far as a "bolt in and go" application, not so much.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
I just saw the kits are gone until july for new production. Good for me because i still have questions.

1. is the bigger intercooler a good idea for FL heat? No track or anything. Just cruising and some highway gapping.

2. are the LU47 enough (already installed in the car) for high 600 low 700 with the DW415 or a bap on 93? Or should i go with M55gt? Iā€™m debating between 120mm and 115mm in order to get what i need for that whp goalā€¦ having in consideration the +18 mani

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
Anyone who ordered in April get their kit yet? Iā€™m a month in, hoping it gets here soon because the tuner Iā€™m going to use is booking up fast with warm weather approaching.

Falkazor94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Anyone who ordered in April get their kit yet? Iā€™m a month in, hoping it gets here soon because the tuner Iā€™m going to use is booking up fast with warm weather approaching.
Looks like most people are getting them in ~6 weeks after order.

I placed my G2 order on 4/22 so I got a while to go.

Sponsored

CoyoteAntz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT 6spd
Mine better be here in 2 weeks lol

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
** WALL OF TEXT WARNING **

Just finished my install up and got the first start done! Great kit and a pretty easy install.

A few notes from the install that would have been beneficial to know:
  • My kit didn't come with the correct clamp for the intercooler to supercharger connection, they were all to big or to small. I needed a 3.5 in clamp which was a PIA to source locally.
  • If you have a Performance Pack car, when you remove the crash bar, There are nuts behind the inner 4 bolts, I didn't realize this and made a mess of the threads there, I was able to salvage it, but could have saved myself some hassle had I realized that.
    • Someone else suggested moving the intercooler brackets behind the crash bar all together, I wound up doing this and using the above nuts to secure it there, then the crash bar is flush like OEM. If you do this, I suggest placing it there initially, not after connecting the charge pipes, it's a PIA to move after.
  • The coolant hose that connects to the 90 degree thermostat housing needs a different clamp than the factory unit, I learned this the hard way on the test drive and had the opportunity to replace a large portion of my coolant and clean my engine bay. That's my fault, but some of the instructions don't clearly spell it out.
  • Another clamp issue, I couldn't get any of the included clamps to fit for the air filter adapter to the silicone intake pipe, there was one clamp that fit the filter to adapter, but there wasn't another for the second connection.
  • I had 3-4 4in clamps leftover from my install, they were either too big, or too small to be used.
  • The supercharger, intercooler, and brackets are awesome quality.
I would say you need a 1.5-1.75 hose clamp for the thermostat housing, a 3.5 in for the charge pipe to supercharger connection, and a 4.25-4.5 clamp for the air filter connection. Not a huge expense, but a frustration if you don't have them ahead of time and need to stop in the middle of the install to get them. I'd say I have about 15 hours overall into the install, that includes the fuel pump, spark plugs, injectors, and ESS kit. I took my time with the install and that figure includes the misc trips to get something I needed.

Overall I really enjoyed the install and I'm excited to get some miles on it. Waiting for the final ok from Wengerd for WOT after my data logs, but the car feels pretty tame driving it like normal which is what I was hoping for, hoping for a lady in the streets, freak in the sheets type of setup. Once it's broken in I'll go for another dyno run to see the gains, the baseline run showed 414 hp and 398 tq.

PXL_20220508_175709861.jpg

PXL_20220509_222451381_2.jpg
Sponsored