Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah SWKS. I used to look for shops. I tried a few times to go to the one in OKC which is where I think Rob Shoemaker was at, but the owner was really bad at getting back at you with quotes. Ever since then Ive done all the work on my cars. When I order this ESS kit Ill do the same. Thanks for the suggestion though.
No worries if there is a job you can't handle hit them up. There are some items I don't mess with unless I have a lift. Anyways, the ESS kit ( like most centris) should go on very easy good sir.
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
No worries if there is a job you can't handle hit them up. There are some items I don't mess with unless I have a lift. Anyways, the ESS kit ( like most centris) should go on very easy good sir.
Yeah having a lift would be the ultimate treat. Some day...a man can dream

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
@Brevin@ESS Can I run the supercharger w/o the air filter/filter pipe? Any modification that you suggest?

Where I live, it rains every other day and the air filter location kinda worries me a little bit.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
@Brevin@ESS Can I run the supercharger w/o the air filter/filter pipe? Any modification that you suggest?

Where I live, it rains every other day and the air filter location kinda worries me a little bit.
No, removing the air filter and pipe is not a good idea. It won’t gain any power and it actually raises the likely hood of contaminants entering the engine. The air filter location is protected by the fender liner and belly pan under the front bumper. Unless you are taking the car in deep water you have nothing to worry about.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I'm chasing false knock after install. It appears that I am the first and only one to have to do this with this kit so far. OEM headers and exhaust. I went through with a rubber mallet and checked the exhaust system any way, struck from multiple angles near the flex pipe and mufflers, but heard nothing. I noticed the lower grill insert was contacting the intercooler, so I added some padding and that helped but issue persists. I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone had to secure the filter? I notice it rests against the horn and the fender liner.
2. What did you do with the wire bundle that was secured to the crash bar? You have to remove the clips on the crash bar that secured that bundle to allow room for the intercooler. Did you just leave the bundle loose?
3. Is previously mentioned wire bundle in front of or behind your intercooler? Mine is in front essentially resting on the crash bar. You cant see it from the front with the bumper on.

I'm going to do round 3 of inspection and securing before pulling and checking plugs.
Check the coolant hose clamp near the SC bracket. The clamp needs to be clocked properly so that it doesn't come into with the bracket itself. See attached pic

ESS 21.jpg

Sponsored

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Can someone with a G3 take a quick measurement for me? I was looking at the FatFab catch can for the drivers side and I don’t know how much room there is to mount it. Here is the location:

82480CAF-36DC-493F-841F-B161D962BD93.jpeg

it looks like this would make contact with the blower pulley. Can someone measure the space from the blower pulley to the strut tower to confirm?

Id appreciate it.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Check the coolant hose clamp near the SC bracket. The clamp needs to be clocked properly so that it doesn't come into with the bracket itself. See attached pic
Thanks man. Pre-install I went through this entire thread and grabbed screenshots of every install tip that was posted. Your advice here was definitely one of those I grabbed. I did my install filtered through the lens of avoiding false knock. I started another thread to avoid clogging this one up but I'm still working on figuring this out. Thank you again!

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Can someone with a G3 take a quick measurement for me? I was looking at the FatFab catch can for the drivers side and I don’t know how much room there is to mount it. Here is the location:

it looks like this would make contact with the blower pulley. Can someone measure the space from the blower pulley to the strut tower to confirm?

Id appreciate it.
Just eyeballing that doesn't look like it'll fit.

This is a G2 but should be similar to a G3

20210716_185301 (1).jpg

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

Id appreciate it.
That can appears to set further forward than the valve covers, so I believe there's not enough room with how the SC pulley sets on the ESS kits.

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
That can appears to set further forward than the valve covers, so I believe there's not enough room with how the SC pulley sets on the ESS kits.
Seems that way to me as well. I was just looking for something that fit there nicely.

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10