Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yeah you never want to gap a .044 plug to .020. The plugs I recommended were designed for boost. They last longer as well.
Im not noticing any issues, do you know what issues could arise? I was just concerned about spark blowout with higher boost.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Question about this dragy stuff. Are yall getting up to 60 then flooring it or are you starting below 60 and flooring it? I feel like that would make a huge difference.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Many of you might have noticed that we now offer bundling deals with the kits. You can now custom order a kit with your choice of fuel injectors and a fuel pump with excellent bundle pricing. We believe that this makes it much easier for the end user to order everything all at once and save money as a combo.
2E2869CA-408D-4B6F-BD11-3E1217B99877.png
this Is very good and important for foreign buyers. I have decided ESS is the best option, and will be ordering when Iā€™m ready. The 2 options you should add are a pump booster and a handheld tuner. Perhaps even plugs.
Transport kills the international orders. Often the shipping is more than the parts. Being able to buy everything in a bulk shipment is a major Saving.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Im not noticing any issues, do you know what issues could arise? I was just concerned about spark blowout with higher boost.

With you closing the gap that much the electrodes are no longer parallel so both electrodes wear out much faster, produces inconsistent spark and is also more likely to misfire. Also under certain situations it could allow the gap to be pushed even tighter causing more issues. The plug I mentioned was designed for boosted applications, the electrodes and arm are much more robust.

Ngk will tell you never to open or close the gap more then .008 from how they come. Most recommend not to exceed .006. They would always recommend a different plug. The only reason the 6510 was popular is because it was readily available and no one cared to look or do any research any further. The 6510 use to be one step colder then stock but now the stock plug is the same heat range. Denso is another option, they make a more boost friendly plug as well. I prefer the ngks though myself.

Sponsored

pittzy23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Question about this dragy stuff. Are yall getting up to 60 then flooring it or are you starting below 60 and flooring it? I feel like that would make a huge difference.
I always do it from a dig or low roll.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Start around 45 to 50 finding your optimal gear and traction, it's definitely something you have to test for yourself to find your best times.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Start around 45 to 50 finding your optimal gear and traction, it's definitely something you have to test for yourself to find your best times.
Makes sense. I guess in perfect conditions in 4th gear itll do 60-130 in 3.67 seconds according to the log while dynoing. I think a 3rd gear pull i would have issues with traction and I think I would have to shift.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Makes sense. I guess in perfect conditions in 4th gear itll do 60-130 in 3.67 seconds according to the log while dynoing. I think a 3rd gear pull i would have issues with traction and I think I would have to shift.
The dyno is not the same load as the street. That's why you should always be aware with your tune up because a 3 second dyno wot blast is not the same as a 9 second pull down the street/strip.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The dyno is not the same load as the street. That's why you should always be careful with your tune up because a 3 second wot blast is not the same as a 9 second pull down the street/strip.
Oh for sure, theres also no wind resistance. I'm not saying thats what it would run, I would like to know what it would do on the street but its not worth a ticket or worse. One of these days I'll get to a drag strip probably after I do the clutch (no issues yet but I dont think it would be up to the task on a prepped surface).

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Start below 60, I usually start around 45 at higher gear so time Iā€™m at 60 sheā€™s at full song lol.

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Not to burst your bubble but if you go 5.xxx anything being a manual car Iā€™d be happy.

hoss_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cj
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP1 Mustang GT 10r80
I am waiting on my ESS kit to arrive now. The parts and customer service alone sold me on this kit. Also the fact that a member went 4.xx 60-130 on 11 lbs of boost, closed the deal. Its over $1,000 cheaper than any other kit out there, using discount codes and all it was still over $1,000 cheaper. Its a no brainer. No dealer networks to charge you extra just to order a part. Thank you ESS for not sticking it to the small guy and giving back to the mustang community. You can see a couple post back that if the dealer's cant make money off of a kit, they will come up with anything to try and get you to buy a kit that they can profit off of. Even if the kit is more efficient and cost effective. That alone tells me they could care less about the enthusiast. The ESS kits and born and bred in the good ol' USA so that argument fell on deaf ears. Opportunist. as I like to call them, have really rubbed me the wrong way trying to run an amazing group of guys and company in the ground and I wont forget it.

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Awesome!!! What kit did you go with? Keep us updated on how it all goes.
I am waiting on my ESS kit to arrive now. The parts and customer service alone sold me on this kit. Also the fact that a member went 4.xx 60-130 on 11 lbs of boost, closed the deal. Its over $1,000 cheaper than any other kit out there, using discount codes and all it was still over $1,000 cheaper. Its a no brainer. No dealer networks to charge you extra just to order a part. Thank you ESS for not sticking it to the small guy and giving back to the mustang community. You can see a couple post back that if the dealer's cant make money off of a kit, they will come up with anything to try and get you to buy a kit that they can profit off of. Even if the kit is more efficient and cost effective. That alone tells me they could care less about the enthusiast. The ESS kits and born and bred in the good ol' USA so that argument fell on deaf ears. Opportunist. as I like to call them, have really rubbed me the wrong way trying to run an amazing group of guys and company in the ground and I wont forget it.

hoss_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cj
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP1 Mustang GT 10r80
Awesome!!! What kit did you go with? Keep us updated on how it all goes.
Went with G2 with upgraded intercooler. Looking forward to it. I will install my self and will be on DW400 and FIC 1000. gonna try and talk my tuner into a e50 tune
Sponsored