Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i keep saying it, usa made paxton / vortech shipping in 2-3 weeks on average, and a US company vs german. and with our pricing, bascially identical setups, plus we hook up extra discounts on all the supporting mods to go with it for those that buy kits.
Sponsored

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i keep saying it, usa made paxton / vortech shipping in 2-3 weeks on average, and a US company vs german. and with our pricing, bascially identical setups, plus we hook up extra discounts on all the supporting mods to go with it for those that buy kits.
Yet for some reason I’m going for the ESS kit, I think it’s all the dyno sheets I’ve been seeing and the nice service they give 🙂

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
The parent company might be from Norway but im pretty sure Brevin, the guy that builds them lives and breathes in Arizona.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I keep seeing these 6-130 post.... E54 🥴

Dont know what my 60-130 is.... but do 0-141 in 5.1 🤷‍♂️

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
All the mustang kits are made in America. The kits are assembled in Chandler, AZ. AJ who runs the Chandler office has been the in the US most of his life. All the American car kits like Mustang, Camaro or Corvette are made and shipped from the US. So even if you buy a kit in New Zealand its coming from the Chandler HQ. Calling it American vs German isn't accurate. I've seen all the parts with my own eyes. I think the only part that is sourced globally are the intercoolers which from my understanding most other companies do that too but the headunits and silicon tubing and all the bracket work was designed and fabricated in the US.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjw

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
You’re running a th400 built shit with a big ass Whipple you should run those times. We’re running stock fuel system with only 11bs of boost on e30 big difference. I’m shooting for high 5’s in the 1/8 on this setup. Which isn’t bad if you ask me

I keep seeing these 6-130 post.... E54 🥴

Dont know what my 60-130 is.... but do 0-141 in 5.1 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
You’re an respected vender that does a lot for this community. Why so much hate in this kit. Have you ever seen it perform ? Installed one etc. I don’t understand ?

norwegian company, with a us distributor. but ess as a mfg is a norweigian company. shipping parts to the us to box up, doesn't make it a usa company.

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
what country does the profit go to?
[/QUOTE]
does it matter? It is the customers preference of what they want to purchase. Might want to chill a little because us who buy ess kits might go to you for a fuel system or other things. No need for the hate.

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
does it matter? It is the customers preference of what they want to purchase. Might want to chill a little because us who buy ess kits might go to you for a fuel system or other things. No need for the hate.
i'm very big pro america.

there are so many great options with US companies for essentially the same thing , for the same money.

and as i mentioned, all the extra discounts we throw in when buying the us made kits. then you end up with an even better deal.

so i get it, its a new name, but its not a better deal, and then the money is all shuffled overseas.

at the end of the day, people can send their money wherever they want, i just always think that when there is a similar option, with a usa based company, it just makes since.

i get when your tlaking a chinese header vs a us where your saving 30%, thats just not the case here. thats why i point it out
I myself use only USA suppliers for my small business as well, but this is a supercharger thread for ESS and not really for a political debate thread.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
You’re running a th400 built shit with a big ass Whipple you should run those times. We’re running stock fuel system with only 11bs of boost on e30 big difference. I’m shooting for high 5’s in the 1/8 on this setup. Which isn’t bad if you ask me

Time to Upgrade! Just being funny.... but I really dont understand the 60-130.

Sponsored

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
I still haven’t seen anything close to the price of the ESS kit. For $4,664.16 shipped to my door in TN, I can get the G2 tuner kit. The cheapest paxton tuner kit I’ve seen with taxes and shipping is just over $7k, which is 50% more than the ESS kit! Both kits still need plugs, injectors, BAP and a custom tune. But there is no way you could get enough discounts on those items to make up over $2.3k.

Other huge pluses for me: blacked out intercooler, no reports of false knock, uses stock radiator reservoir, someone ran one for 2 weeks without oil and it was still running fine., and they are produced by a small business.

The low cost of the ESS kit is what initially peaked my interest. But everything else sealed the deal! Even if I could get a base vortech tuner kit shipped to me for $4,700, I’d still go for the ESS.

Last edited:

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
always time to upgrade lol, 60-130 is just another new fad . Kinda gives you a perspective of what you’d trap in the 1/4 by your 60-130 time. It’s fairly accurate

Time to Upgrade! Just being funny.... but I really dont understand the 60-130.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I still haven’t seen anything close to the price of the ESS kit. For $4,664.16 shipped to my door in TN, I can get the G2 tuner kit. The cheapest paxton tuner kit I’ve seen with taxes and shipping is just over $7k, which is 50% more than the ESS kit! (Note - ESS doesn’t charge taxes outside of AZ, which is a HUGE savings for me) Both kits still need plugs, injectors, BAP and a custom tune. But there is no way you could get enough discounts on those items to make up over $2.3k.

Other huge pluses for me: blacked out intercooler, no reports of false knock, uses stock radiator reservoir, someone ran one for 2 weeks without oil and it was still running fine., and they are produced by a small business.

The low cost of the ESS kit is what initially peaked my interest. But everything else sealed the deal! Even if I could get a base vortech tuner kit shipped to me for $4,700, I’d still go for the ESS.
list price and what you can buy for are 2 differnt things. you can always reach out to a dealer for better pricing.

and you are mistaken that "tax" not collected by a vendor is "free money" or "savings" AZ like every other state imposes a "use" tax, every purcahse you make out of state you are supposed to report at the end of every year and pay use tax equal in amount to the sales tax. so, if you bought a kit or anything for that matter last year, out of state, that wasn't collecting sales tax upon, then you are essentially committing tax fraud with the state if you don't claim it at the end of each year.

i've been cautioning customers about this for years. because once the states start auditing and going back 10 years on you for every out of state purcahse, plus fines, penalites, interest.. .lots of people are going to be very surprised, once you get on a list once for tax avoidance in your state no matter where it is. it could get really ugly. its a very big misconeption that someone not collection sales tax, makes it "not taxed" and free money

AZ for example

Understanding Use Tax

print-button.png

Since 1955, Arizona residents have been required to self-assess and report use tax liability to the Arizona Department of Revenue. The use tax was instituted to protect Arizona sellers who otherwise would be at a competitive disadvantage when out-of-state sellers make sales of goods to Arizona customers without charging tax. All states that impose sales tax also impose use tax.
Overall, use tax is an important source of revenue for the Arizona General Fund. Every dollar collected is a dollar available for government and public services. Equally as important, uniform collection and enforcement of use tax provides for fair competition between out-of-state and Arizona-based businesses.
The state use tax rate is the same as the state transaction privilege tax (TPT) rate (sometimes referred to as sales tax), currently at 5.6 percent. In addition to state use tax, cities also assess use tax through TPT. Please refer to the TPT tax rate table.
An out-of-state company engaged in business in Arizona must register with ADOR to pay transaction privilege tax on their retail sales of tangible personal property to Arizona customers. Generally, an out-of-state company is engaged in business in Arizona when it has a sales office, warehouse or sales representation in the state, or it has some other physical presence.
If a company is not “engaged in business” in Arizona, that company will generally not charge Arizona tax. However, some out-of-state companies with no physical presence register with ADOR and collect tax as a courtesy to their Arizona customers. If the out-of-state vendor does not charge sales tax, the Arizona resident is required to remit use tax directly to ADOR.
Individuals who purchase taxable products from out-of-state locations, but pay no sales tax, are responsible for paying use tax. In addition, individuals who purchase taxable merchandise over the internet, and that merchandise is used or consumed in Arizona, must pay use tax.
Casual sales between individuals are the exception and not subject to use tax. Items purchased for use in Arizona from people who make isolated or occasional sales, and who are not engaged in the business of selling tangible personal property at retail, are not subject to use tax.

Individuals can send use tax payments to:

Arizona Department of Revenue
PO Box 29010
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9010
Individuals who fail to pay use tax face penalties and interest. ADOR does conduct both routine and special audits to promote compliance.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
list price and what you can buy for are 2 differnt things. you can always reach out to a dealer for better pricing.

and you are mistaken that "tax" not collected by a vendor is "free money" or "savings" AZ like every other state imposes a "use" tax, every purcahse you make out of state you are supposed to report at the end of every year and pay use tax equal in amount to the sales tax. so, if you bought a kit or anything for that matter last year, out of state, that wasn't collecting sales tax upon, then you are essentially committing tax fraud with the state if you don't claim it at the end of each year.

i've been cautioning customers about this for years. because once the states start auditing and going back 10 years on you for every out of state purcahse, plus fines, penalites, interest.. .lots of people are going to be very surprised, once you get on a list once for tax avoidance in your state no matter where it is. it could get really ugly. its a very big misconeption that someone not collection sales tax, makes it "not taxed" and free money

AZ for example

Understanding Use Tax

print-button.png

Since 1955, Arizona residents have been required to self-assess and report use tax liability to the Arizona Department of Revenue. The use tax was instituted to protect Arizona sellers who otherwise would be at a competitive disadvantage when out-of-state sellers make sales of goods to Arizona customers without charging tax. All states that impose sales tax also impose use tax.
Overall, use tax is an important source of revenue for the Arizona General Fund. Every dollar collected is a dollar available for government and public services. Equally as important, uniform collection and enforcement of use tax provides for fair competition between out-of-state and Arizona-based businesses.
The state use tax rate is the same as the state transaction privilege tax (TPT) rate (sometimes referred to as sales tax), currently at 5.6 percent. In addition to state use tax, cities also assess use tax through TPT. Please refer to the TPT tax rate table.
An out-of-state company engaged in business in Arizona must register with ADOR to pay transaction privilege tax on their retail sales of tangible personal property to Arizona customers. Generally, an out-of-state company is engaged in business in Arizona when it has a sales office, warehouse or sales representation in the state, or it has some other physical presence.
If a company is not “engaged in business” in Arizona, that company will generally not charge Arizona tax. However, some out-of-state companies with no physical presence register with ADOR and collect tax as a courtesy to their Arizona customers. If the out-of-state vendor does not charge sales tax, the Arizona resident is required to remit use tax directly to ADOR.
Individuals who purchase taxable products from out-of-state locations, but pay no sales tax, are responsible for paying use tax. In addition, individuals who purchase taxable merchandise over the internet, and that merchandise is used or consumed in Arizona, must pay use tax.
Casual sales between individuals are the exception and not subject to use tax. Items purchased for use in Arizona from people who make isolated or occasional sales, and who are not engaged in the business of selling tangible personal property at retail, are not subject to use tax.

Individuals who fail to pay use tax face penalties and interest. ADOR does conduct both routine and special audits to promote compliance.
I don't like where this is going