Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
thats correct, its just drop in and rated well above what power ill be aiming for
It looks identical to a dw400 in a stock basket. Possibly it's just the standard one (br540) and they are using their own venturi set up?

Last edited:

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It looks identical to a dw400 in a stock basket. Possibly it's just the standard one (br540) and they are using their own venturi set up?
yeah has there own Venturi set up, big thing for me is just reliability, those have been proven in Australia and New Zealand, would a dw400 reach 900hp? maybe on e85?

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
yeah has there own Venturi set up, big thing for me is just reliability, those have been proven in Australia and New Zealand, would a dw400 reach 900hp? maybe on e85?
A dw400 and a bap will not reach 900 rwhp safely on full e85. 750 rwhp would be more realistic and even then it would have decent pressure drop. I know some will say otherwise but I've tested it a few times. Remember not all dynos read the same it's just a tuning tool and many dynos can be manipulated. One car can dyno 800 and then it reads 700 on a different dyno.

Last edited:

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A dw400 and a bap will not reach 900 rwhp safely on full e85. 750 rwhp would be more realistic and even then it would have decent pressure drop. I know some will say otherwise but I've tested it a few times. Remember not all dynos read the same it's just a tuning tool and many dynos can be manipulated. One car can dyno 900 and then it reads 800 on a different dyno.
Yeah that what I thought, so makes me think its not br540/dw400. The pump looks like one of theres?
https://www.kpmfuelsystems.com.au/product/kpm-470lph-electric-fuel-pump/

Sponsored

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Well that is the plan at least lol. The DW400 415plh went in tonight. Very simple install. I also got a 100mm pulley just for fun to see what it will do but the plan remains to just test the previous setup

2020 Mustang GT 6spd PP1
Stock TB and manifold
G2 105mm
LU47
BAP &Walbro 525
E54

809/590

Keeping everything but the pump and now putting on a G3 the same to see what the actual gains are if you go with a G3 over a G2.

New setup

2020 Mustang GT 6spd PP1
Stock TB and manifold
G3 105mm
LU47
BAP & DW400
E54

IF my tuner thinks we can go to a smaller pulley we will see what it does. But lets remember I made 798 and 588 on the stock pump and BAP on E54. I will be sure to get an overlay from the most recent 809/590 run to see if there are gains anywhere else except the top end.

After putting the DW and logging I immediately saw a difference in low side pressure. At idle the car commands 65 psi and the walbro gave around 65. The DW on the other hand is giving 80 and that remains the same cruising around too. Under load it will drop to 60 then back into the 80s. The BAP was on both and from my understanding its a vortech BAP which doesnt over volt until 50% TPS is reached so im not sure why out of the box the DW has a higher pressure? Maybe better connectors since im using the single ear clamps this time... jk. During the dyno tomorrow ill make sure pressure is logged so itll be obvious if it is struggling up top. My goal isnt really to make 900 at redline its to have more power everywhere else. Increasing boost an efficiency should do that. I shift a little early anyways. When I got home after visiting ESS and getting the pump in I put the 100mm pulley on to see if I can use the same belt the 105 has on and so far yes you can. If i put it on the dyno with the 100 and it slips i also have a smaller belt to go with it which I can change out quickly. I will say though just doing the little cruising around I did I really like this setup. Power feels very instantaneous possibly the higher pressure low side is helping and of course more boost.

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Well that is the plan at least lol. The DW400 415plh went in tonight. Very simple install. I also got a 100mm pulley just for fun to see what it will do but the plan remains to just test the previous setup

2020 Mustang GT 6spd PP1
Stock TB and manifold
G2 105mm
LU47
BAP &Walbro 525
E54

809/590

Keeping everything but the pump and now putting on a G3 the same to see what the actual gains are if you go with a G3 over a G2.

New setup

2020 Mustang GT 6spd PP1
Stock TB and manifold
G3 105mm
LU47
BAP & DW400
E54

IF my tuner thinks we can go to a smaller pulley we will see what it does. But lets remember I made 798 and 588 on the stock pump and BAP on E54. I will be sure to get an overlay from the most recent 809/590 run to see if there are gains anywhere else except the top end.

After putting the DW and logging I immediately saw a difference in low side pressure. At idle the car commands 65 psi and the walbro gave around 65. The DW on the other hand is giving 80 and that remains the same cruising around too. Under load it will drop to 60 then back into the 80s. The BAP was on both and from my understanding its a vortech BAP which doesnt over volt until 50% TPS is reached so im not sure why out of the box the DW has a higher pressure? Maybe better connectors since im using the single ear clamps this time... jk. During the dyno tomorrow ill make sure pressure is logged so itll be obvious if it is struggling up top. My goal isnt really to make 900 at redline its to have more power everywhere else. Increasing boost an efficiency should do that. I shift a little early anyways. When I got home after visiting ESS and getting the pump in I put the 100mm pulley on to see if I can use the same belt the 105 has on and so far yes you can. If i put it on the dyno with the 100 and it slips i also have a smaller belt to go with it which I can change out quickly. I will say though just doing the little cruising around I did I really like this setup. Power feels very instantaneous possibly the higher pressure low side is helping and of course more boost.
Definitely let us know, also when you're there get the dyno correction and percentage factor. I've done a bunch of dw400 setups and none performed tremendously better then the stock pump, there are other bottlenecks in the stock system though as well.

Running e54 will give you much more overhead fuel wise then running e85 though so it should be ok.

Last edited:

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Here is what the owner of the dyno sent me as far corrections go. I'm not fluent in this stuff so what he appears to be saying is standard correction is the norm and uncorrected graphs are hardly ever used. I've only ever been to the same dyno. With correction it was 782 and 570 so about a 3% difference.
Screenshot_20220117-230434_Outlook.jpg
I

Sponsored

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Here is what the owner of the dyno sent me as far corrections go. I'm not fluent in this stuff so what he appears to be saying is standard correction is the norm and uncorrected graphs are hardly ever used. I've only ever been to the same dyno. With correction it was 782 and 570 so about a 3% difference.
Screenshot_20220117-230434_Outlook.jpg
I
Yes the dyno is only a tool to measure gains and dynojets set the industry standard in my opinion. I've tried every mainstream brand over the last 20 years. I won't even use anything else then a dynojet. I can literally make any number I want on other dynos.

The 3 main correction factors on a dynojet are SAE, STD, and UNCORRECTED used here in the U.S. SAE corrects automatically to a preset temp and humidity level, STD correction uses a slightly different level. SAE is actually the industry standard but many use STD correction for slightly higher numbers, (bragging). Uncorrected is exactly as it implies no correction at all.

Here's where some issues can come in, you also have a percentage factor, it could be from 0 percent or I've seen some as high as 18 percent, plus or minus. That goes off the dynos temp sensor correcting back to the preset standard, if it's reading an erroneous temp though you will get and erroneous percentage factor altering your numbers at that time. If you dynoed last time and it was say 50* in the shop with very low humidity and then go back and it's now 85* with high humidity then your numbers will be greatly different especially on a boosted car like yours. That's why the dynojet correction percentage factors are used to adjust all the numbers back to the preset standard plus or minus to compare. I've seen though where in the shop it was say 70* but the temp sensor was incorrectly reading 105* or high humidity. In that case it will artificially inflate your numbers about 15 percent.

If you keep it simple and use uncorrected it will lay down exactly what is lays down at that moment at that temp and humidity on that day. If you compare uncorrected to your last pulls but it was much warmer/cooler, different humidity out then it wont be a good comparison at all. Assuming his dyno sensors are working correctly I'd compare SAE to SAE and then just add or subtract the difference in the percentage factor for each run if there was any difference. That way you will have the most realistic and accurate gains between different runs from different days. There's even more to it but that's the easiest way to compare.

If you're out at night and it's cooler then when you actually dynoed you will be making more hp, if it's warmer out then obviously less. Where I live temp swings can be pretty big, at night the cars make much more power. I'll have 8/10 psi more of fuel pressure WOT in the heat of the day as opposed to late at night at times. It's just making more power.

Lastly where you position the tires on the rollers can alter the numbers some same as tire pressure/type. But that's a whole other story. Haha. I hope that made sense the way I explained it.

Last edited:

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
I don't see how your not going to be out of fuel, my setup running e30 w/ G3 120mm pulley sees a small pressure drop at high rpm in 35-40 deg weather. With a 105mm pulley and the G3 I bet you'll be 14-15 psi of boost easy.

2020 Mustang GT 6spd PP1
Stock TB and manifold
G2 105mm
LU47
BAP &Walbro 525
E54

809/590

New setup

2020 Mustang GT 6spd PP1
Stock TB and manifold
G3 105mm
LU47
BAP & DW400
E54

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
So after reading this thread, I'm wondering about which pulley size. I've concluded that the G3 kit seems like the right kit to go for, but based on previous posts, it sounds like what they listed for pulley size vs boost isn't necessarily accurate, is that the case? I'm not looking to make crazy power here, I'm planning to do the LU47's along with the DW415 for fueling, I'd like to be in the 600-650 whp range.

Do you guys have a recommendation on which pulley? I don't want to blow the car up, just a fun, fast, sunny day car.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
So after reading this thread, I'm wondering about which pulley size. I've concluded that the G3 kit seems like the right kit to go for, but based on previous posts, it sounds like what they listed for pulley size vs boost isn't necessarily accurate, is that the case? I'm not looking to make crazy power here, I'm planning to do the LU47's along with the DW415 for fueling, I'd like to be in the 600-650 whp range.

Do you guys have a recommendation on which pulley? I don't want to blow the car up, just a fun, fast, sunny day car.
For a conservative approach, Id start with the 125mm and go from there. Pulleys are relatively cheap, you can always make changes down the road.

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Why not go with the cheap 52lb injectors? I am starting with the 7.5psi on 93 and bap but your power goal is more like starting on the biggest pulley.
Sponsored