Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I've got a 6 speed, which is why I was wondering about the lower range power.
Since you have a manual, I'm sure compared to the PD blower you'll probably miss the low end grunt because a centrifugal can be a little lazy under 4000rpm on the Coyote motor depending on how aggressive you are with your pulley set up. It really boils down to how you want your power delivered and the rpm range you spend most of your time in. Me personally I like the power delivery of a centrifugal, I can see why you're torn though, if I had a manual I would probably feel differently.
Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
New PB 60-130mph on Sunoco 260GT 100 Octane Ambient Temps 66F and 721ft DA

Previous Best - 7.03 on 93 w/Octanium in similar temps and DA Same Pulley 115mm (8.5-9psi)

Just to give perspective... this should equate to roughly a 10.2 or 10.3 at 137mph all other things being equal.

60 to 130.jpg

Last edited:

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
you'll probably miss the low end grunt because a centrifugal can be a little lazy under 4000rpm
With PP1, we have 3.73 gears. That should help get the RPMs up sooner.
Having said that, I haven’t installed (or even received) my kit yet, so everything I’ve shared is theoretical. There are some good numbers in this thread, but most, if not all, are with the A10. (I’m not going back through all 90+ pages to double check!)

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0 PP1 10r80 401
Having said that, I haven’t installed (or even received) my kit yet, so everything I’ve shared is theoretical. There are some good numbers in this thread, but most, if not all, are with the A10. (I’m not going back through all 90+ pages to double check!)
did it ship? My G3 shipped Tuesday an they haven’t even received inner coolers yet. So I’m getting half a kit supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Every day it’s they coming they out for delivery and they never come in. My car is just sitting on a lift apart with fuel system installed just waiting.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
did it ship? My G3 shipped Tuesday an they haven’t even received inner coolers yet. So I’m getting half a kit supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Every day it’s they coming they out for delivery and they never come in. My car is just sitting on a lift apart with fuel system installed just waiting.
It will be worthit I promise. The install is very easy and simple while also being very well thought out. The performance and the room to grow with the platform is also top of pack in my opinion.

Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The A10 is just fundamentally quicker for a 60-130 run and for everything else in a straight line. I would be at the very limit of 2nd gear so I would have to shift immediately or bog down in 3rd then fight traction as the curve in power hits. I haven't done a dragy test or a .25 mile. I'm sure at some point I will but I haven't found a safe place to try and I also don't know how much more the clutch will take:whew:.

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
The A10 is just fundamentally quicker for a 60-130 run and for everything else in a straight line.
With the 3.73 gears I redline in 2nd gear at about 72 MPH, so yes, a 60-130 run is not ideal for the manual transmission (regardless of upgrades). But I'm more interested in spirited canyon/mountain drives. Most of my time is in 2nd gear, around 30-70 MPH, which keeps the RPMs above 4k. Based on the posted dynos, there should be a lot more power to play with in that range.

But until my kit ships (it hasn't yet), I get the kit installed (could take a few weeks), and I have time to take it for a fun drive (probably many more weeks) I won't have anything to report...

My car is just sitting on a lift apart with fuel system installed just waiting.
I am so sorry! I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. I ordered and received all my supporting parts from other companies over a month ago, but they are sitting on the shelf waiting for the kit. In ESS's defense, shipping ports and customs are extremely bogged down right now. It's causing issues with the entire country's supply chain, and there isn't anything they can do about it! I'm sure ESS would love nothing more than to get their kits shipped out and make more happy customers.

I ordered oil cooler hoses from England last year for my daughter's 1970 MG Midget that I'm restoring, and I'm STILL waiting for them! (tracking shows they arrived in NY yesterday, so I'm *hoping* to get them sometime next week 🤞)

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Anyone have any quarter mile times?
I ran a best of 10.04 @ 142 on a 1.67 60ft last summer. G2 pushing 11psi. Not sure anyone has posted any slips with the g3 head unit yet. Based on Brad's draggy info, im guessing he'll easily be in the 9s.
20211109_123805.jpg

Sponsored

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
535 Pump went in, Very ugly with the T fittings but it works.
Absolutely 0 issues starting without the check valve, started it this morning on first crank.

IMG_3270.jpeg

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
535 Pump went in, Very ugly with the T fittings but it works.
Absolutely 0 issues starting without the check valve, started it this morning on first crank.

IMG_3270.jpeg
Is that temporary for it looks very crude? ESS seems to be kicking ass!!

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is that temporary for it looks very crude? ESS seems to be kicking ass!!
not sure how to make it nicer to get a Walbro pump in there with the T fittings for the Venturi. I ran the hose longer to it wouldn't kink/restrict flow. Open to ideas.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
not sure how to make it nicer to get a Walbro pump in there with the T fittings for the Venturi. I ran the hose longer to it wouldn't kink/restrict flow. Open to ideas.
Crimp type, single ear hose clamps would be a good start.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white

the DW has a neat install and flows almost the same it seems.
Sponsored