ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Do you need both? Or would that be for higher boost needs?
I mean technically its best to have both but anything over 700whp is pushing these engines on pump gas with any power adder. So I would pick either or and save for fore fuel system down the road.
Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Do you need both? Or would that be for higher boost needs?
Depends on if your car is a gen 2 or 3. Gen 2 I would do both just flat out. Gen 3 either a bap or dw would be fine for gas and boost below 8psi. When you start adding ethanol and higher boost I would do both which is what I do. There's been no issues with fueling at all.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
Depends on if your car is a gen 2 or 3. Gen 2 I would do both just flat out. Gen 3 either a bap or dw would be fine for gas and boost below 8psi. When you start adding ethanol and higher boost I would do both which is what I do. There's been no issues with fueling at all.
Good to know. I'm 3rd gen, I'm not planning (initially) to chase high numbers, that could change, but at least to start I'm shooting for 650ish and see what happens from there.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Good to know. I'm 3rd gen, I'm not planning (initially) to chase high numbers, that could change, but at least to start I'm shooting for 650ish and see what happens from there.
I did 800 on the stock pump and bap on e50 so you'll be fine with a bap (you don't even really need that)

Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I did 800 on the stock pump and bap on e50 so you'll be fine with a bap (you don't even really need that)
For the price they have on the pump replacement, I'll probably just go with that and take care of it ahead of time, then if I want to go a bit further it should hopefully have enough fueling till I reach e85 power levels, but it's not really prevalent around here, the nearest spot like an hour away.

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
I'd recommend catless if possible with anything boosted and also on a gen 3 car I'd go right to the g3 blower. Do it once do it right. I've seen people spend more then double redoing stuff over and over.
You are a bad influence on my checkbook - I just upgraded my order from the G2 to the G3! 😳

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
Slightly more recent update - I just received the following after upgrading my order from the G2 -> G3 (order placed 11/19/21):

"The intercoolers are arriving tomorrow according to the schedule. The rest of the kit is ready to go. We just have to weld on the bung for the blow off and powdercoat them and it will ship."

Sponsored

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
You are a bad influence on my checkbook - I just upgraded my order from the G2 to the G3! 😳
I want one of these so bad. I had the money and decided to put it into refinancing my PP2 down from 4.99 to 1.74. Now I'm thinking that when I'm ready to buy a G3, they will no longer be billet and the WD pricing will be gone. Being financially responsible lol 🤷‍♂️

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
I want one of these so bad. I had the money and decided to put it into refinancing my PP2 down from 4.99 to 1.74. Now I'm thinking that when I'm ready to buy a G3, they will no longer be billet and the WD pricing will be gone. Being financially responsible lol 🤷‍♂️
That is a great rate drop! Totally worth it! The savings should more than offset any potential price increase.
And looks like the cast housing will work just as well as the billet.

Reactions: jjw

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
That is a great rate drop! Totally worth it! The savings should more than offset any potential price increase.
And looks like the cast housing will work just as well as the billet.
Yeah, I know it was the wise choice... just anxious.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Anyone running a g4-95 full rip on e85? Say 25psi? Interested in dyno or track numbers. 2000cfm is Interesting, considering my current blower (f1a94) is rated at 1625cfm.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Anyone who's installed this have Performance Pack 1? I'm wondering if this kit with the larger intercooler requires the removal of the front braces like the Whipple kit does? The install instructions for ESS don't really cover this that I saw.

1642179582796.png

I'm having trouble deciding between the G3 kit and the Whipple stage 1. After tuning on the ESS kit, the Whipple is actually the same or slightly cheaper based on some of the pricing. They both seem like great kits, but the fact that you have to remove the strut tower brace and the front supports on the Whipple kit is deterring me from it. But the instant PD blower power does sound like fun.
Sponsored