Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
6200 rpm it’s 23 degrees then at 7500 22 degrees

Hey @Brad1810r80 I have a quick question regarding the e30 fuel you're running If you don't mind sharing...? How much ignition advance are you able to run up top? Does it cap out at 22* or can you be more aggressive with it or are you targeting less advance?

Thanks,

Tim
Sponsored

Sponsored

Chads19Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt
Last time I emailed them a few days ago they were waiting on the intercoolers to come in. Said they'd been stuck at the port for 4 plus months and should be in transit from CA to AZ.

Last edited:

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I will second that. When I was just at ESS I asked about inventory and the owner had said the only piece most kits are missing is the intercoolers and they are stuck at a port in California and have been for months. He did say though he was just notified that the cargo had been released so any day now people should be getting their orders shipped I would imagine.

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
I hope so! I order the G2 with G3 intercooler 11/22. Thankfully I didn't have time last month for the install, but I'm still anxious to get everything!

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
While I wait for a dyno to tune the new added G3 I thought i'd share how my experience went getting the G2 upgraded and speaking with the owner of ESS tuning in America. I am really spoiled that I live within an hour of their shop. I reached out to Brevin and we set up a time to take care of the upgrade. For anyone not local I would assume you will need to send the whole unit and then they perform the switch and it is mailed back to you. For me it was about a 45 minute process. The G3 went back on the car in 15 minutes. Cost at the time of writing this was 1195 and they kept the old volute. Some differences to note the G3 inlet is 78mm while the G2 is 71mm (I think I got that right). The outlet is also bigger. To do this upgrade you will need to replace the air filter tube and the discharge tube to the intercooler from the headunit. The impeller geometry is also different but both are cast. The G3x has a billet impeller capable of higher RPM 75,000 i think. the G2 and G3 are suggested to stay below 55,000 I think. That being said they have never had an impeller fail so the actual breaking point of the cast impellers is unknown. One of the big reasons this supercharger is so great is because it gets into boost quick. There a lot of reasons why this is, the impeller geometry, the step up gear ratio, and the fact that the gearbox inside the headunit is very easy to spin meaning there is less friction to overcome. One part that truly spared no expense are the bearings for the impeller shaft. They are literally the best bearings that can be bought currently. They are entirely ceramic and have a theoretical life of 20,000 hours which, fun fact, is more than 2 years of running them 24/7. While I was there they actually showed me a torn down unit. The customer had recently gotten a G3 headunit and put it on their car. After 2 weeks they noticed the headunit making a noise that didn't sound right so they sent it in to ESS. ESS found there to be NO OIL in it and confirmed with the customer they had not put oil in the supercharger. The headunit ran for 2 weeks with no oil and when I was able to spin the shaft it still felt smooth. The bearings still looked perfect. The owner put it to me this way. They spared no expense whatsoever to develop this platform. It has been a 6 year process but the goal was to do it right the first time and then scale from there. Us lucky few who have already purchased our units got an upgrade without knowing it. The gearbox casings for the mass produced units will be cast aluminum instead of billet. The internals will all be the same but the outside will be cast.

I also did want to mention ESS has tested all of the big name injectors and what they suggest for our builds is either LU47s, ID1050x or the new GT500 injectors which are 62 #. Part # for those is 0280158395.

I have dyno time scheduled for next Tuesday so I will give an update when that happens.
Are all the current shipments cast and not billet ?

Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
ill upload pics of my 535 install when I get the t fittings from amazon... still a few weeks away shipping to New Zealand.
Im surprised you hit over 800 whp on 47lb. Mine will be similar to your build, 535 pump BAP but 1500cc injectors.
I tried amazon as well. Made it to the post office then got lost and I got refunded automatically... So I went and bought a 5/16th brass T and reducer from 5/16 to 5/32 and managed to cobble it all together. It looks so ugly thank god no one can see it. I used the fuel line walbro provides and cut in half then it was a pain to slide the corrugated ends over the barbs without ripping the plastic. The car runs fine but I will need to log it more before I know if it will be 100%. If I could do it again I would have just bought a DW400.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Allstar ALL36208 Breather Sock
Price has gone up a bit on Amazon. Was $11.50 when I purchased mine.
You can Google search to see if you find it cheaper but any breather sock of similar dimensions to that one will work fine
[/QUOTE]
I ordered two, so I can have a clean one ready to go at each oil change.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I tried amazon as well. Made it to the post office then got lost and I got refunded automatically... So I went and bought a 5/16th brass T and reducer from 5/16 to 5/32 and managed to cobble it all together. It looks so ugly thank god no one can see it. I used the fuel line walbro provides and cut in half then it was a pain to slide the corrugated ends over the barbs without ripping the plastic. The car runs fine but I will need to log it more before I know if it will be 100%. If I could do it again I would have just bought a DW400.
This is exactly what happened to me! Got to the post office and then I got refunded! I’ve got the new parts now looking to install this weekend. Will be interesting to see how mine runs with no check valve

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
This is exactly what happened to me! Got to the post office and then I got refunded! I’ve got the new parts now looking to install this weekend. Will be interesting to see how mine runs with no check valve
I can tell you straight away the starts are like a hiccup in the system. Because all the fuel drains back into the tank so there's a moment right after starting where it almost stalls then the fuel gets to the rails and all is well. I've done a couple pulls and haven't seen any large drops in pressure.

I also drove 20 miles to empty whereas before I ran out about 50 miles to empty so I would say the t fitting does work. The only other down side other than the hard starting is I think this will lower the longevity of the pump since it's pumping empty at startup. Running any pump dry is bad for that reason I'll switch to a dw400. The only other way around these issues I have seen people do is drill a hole atop the plastic housing of the fuel pump and put in a fitting for the venturi line. Something I did not want to do.

Last edited:

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
Curious, I've read through this entire thread and it seems like a great kit. Does anyone who's installed this wish they had gone another direction or regret the install? I've priced it out for myself and it's a bit more expensive than I anticipated with the additional equipment needed, just over $7K, but I'm also completely stock minus H-Pipe and suspension mod's which may attribute to that since some folks probably already had a tuner.

The breakdown I've come up with so far is:

1. G2 kit w/ G3 intercooler, injectors - 5385.10 shipped
  2. Tuner - $300
  3. Tuner Credit - $200
  4. Tune - $699
  5. BAP - $360
  6. Plugs - $85
Total - $7029.09

Seem right? Anything missing from that list? Still a bit cheaper than a non tuner Whipple kit, but not quite as much as I anticipated.
Sponsored