ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Changed to the 6.5 psi pulley ( seeing 8psi on the gauge) I was finally able to get enough traction for 1/4 mile pass leaving in 2nd gear easing into it. Can’t believe this car runs like this with the 125mm pulley. First gear leave with a good 60ft probably high 9’s at the track.

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Changed to the 6.5 psi pulley ( seeing 8psi on the gauge) I was finally able to get enough traction for 1/4 mile pass leaving in 2nd gear easing into it. Can’t believe this car runs like this with the 125mm pulley. First gear leave with a good 60ft probably high 9’s at the track.

That's moving out Brad! Very nice for a second gear leave. My 2nd gear leave at the track was an 11.0@132mph, so your car is hauling ass!

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
I've went backed an look at several time slips which I believe most are from the G2 head unit. If I compare my dragy time above to them its crazy. I was running the largest 125mm pulley and still trapped that high. Would have been faster but it shifted into 7th at 137mph. Kill the mph.

I would be very curious a overlay of the G2 and G3 dyno same pulley and same mods to the car. It's got to be worth 50 or so more HP at the least.

My car is a full weight besides drag pack PP1 Premium car so its heavy.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I've went backed an look at several time slips which I believe most are from the G2 head unit. If I compare my dragy time above to them its crazy. I was running the largest 125mm pulley and still trapped that high. Would have been faster but it shifted into 7th at 137mph. Kill the mph.

I would be very curious a overlay of the G2 and G3 dyno same pulley and same mods to the car. It's got to be worth 50 or so more HP at the least.

Got to agree. I think the 60-130 runs you were posting were more telling. My best has been a 5.96 Our cars are fairly similar in setups, same manifolds and TB, my cars likely a little lighter and isn't running cats. That 5.96 run was on a 22* race fuel tune with a 105mm pulley, seeing around 12psi. We are tuned by different companies, but I can't see that making a huge difference to be honest.

I swear every time you post your results, it takes all my will power not to bust out the ol' CC and just upgrade to the G3 lol.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Got to agree. I think the 60-130 runs you were posting were more telling. My best has been a 5.96 Our cars are fairly similar in setups, same manifolds and TB, my cars likely a little lighter and isn't running cats. That 5.96 run was on a 22* race fuel tune with a 105mm pulley, seeing around 12psi. We are tuned by different companies, but I can't see that making a huge difference to be honest.

I swear every time you post your results, it takes all my will power not to bust out the ol' CC and just upgrade to the G3 lol.
I’ve been planing for turbo but changed my mind to G2. Now I think I want a G3. If you lot don’t stop I’ll never make up my mind !!
Honestly though. ESS says no difference between the 2 and 3 at 7psi and 91 . You guys say differently ?

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
100% think so I haven't ran the 125mm pulley 60-130mph but on the 120mm on a cold morning it went a 5.10. I'd like to think the 125mm could pull 5.6-5.7 or so.

Could be also that the G3 just makes more boost than the g2 same pulley so if you pulley accordingly it would be the same??

I'll run it whenever the rain stops here.

I’ve been planing for turbo but changed my mind to G2. Now I think I want a G3. If you lot don’t stop I’ll never make up my mind !!
Honestly though. ESS says no difference between the 2 and 3 at 7psi and 91 . You guys say differently ?

Last edited:

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

Mine is a full weight car as well, PP1 Premium 4060lbs with me in it. I'm running the G2 unit with a 115mm pulley, 93 with Octane Booster and I was seeing 18* timing up top. I'm cat-less, but no long tube headers, Ported 18 manifold with the IMRC's active. Traction was definitely an issue for me at the track as I was spinning (wheel hopping) during the lower gear changes, but I think the mph is more telling. You're a full 10mph faster than I am. That e30 tune is probably some of that, but ultimately the G3 seems to be moving quite a bit more air even at larger pulley sizes. I'm likely going to upgrade to the G3 unit based on your results.

Last edited:

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
I have a 115mm pulley , I really want to throw on to see if I can get in the 4's 60-130 but I'm just going to play it safe for a bit.

Mine is a full weight car as well, PP1 Premium 4060lbs with me in it. I'm running the G2 unit with a 115mm pulley, 93 with Octane Booster and I was seeing 18* timing up top. I'm cat-less, but no long tube headers, Ported 18 manifold with the IMRC's active. Traction was definitely an issue for me at the track as I was spinning (wheel hopping) during the lower gear changes, but I think the mph is more telling. You're a full 10mph faster than I am. That e30 tune is probably some of that, but ultimately the G3 seems to be moving quite a bit more air even at larger pulley sizes. I'm likely going to upgrade to the G3 unit based on your results.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im guttered i missed out on the order, looks like the 10th of Jans the earliest. Still waiting for a shipping quote from ESS, been almost 3 weeks now.
Anyones got any opinions on what the next best supercharger in terms of ease of install is?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Im guttered i missed out on the order, looks like the 10th of Jans the earliest. Still waiting for a shipping quote from ESS, been almost 3 weeks now.
Anyones got any opinions on what the next best supercharger in terms of ease of install is?
It's worth the wait, go ahead place your order. Easiest install out there and very upgrade friendly.

Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Procharger would be your other option.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Procharger would be your other option.
Imo, the problem with the Procharger install is that you will need remove the factory harmonic balancer in order to install the pulley that drives the head unit then reinstall the factory balancer on the end of the crankshaft, which is not ideal and adds complexity to the install, not to mention that you will be placing a large mass at the end of the crankshaft which can add stress to the crankshaft itself.

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Imo, the problem with the Procharger install is that you will need remove the factory harmonic balancer in order to install the pulley that drives the head unit then reinstall the factory balancer on the end of the crankshaft, which is not ideal and adds complexity to the install, not to mention that you will be placing a large mass at the end of the crankshaft which can add stress to the crankshaft itself.
The H.O. kit runs off the factory drive and the balancer is not removed.
The stage 2 kit when attached with the cam lock system, balancer is not removed.
Stage 2 kit with the bolt on pulley "preferred method" the balancer is removed and replaced with and ATI balancer.
A crank support is always recommended.

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The ESS is best of both worlds you get less tension on the crank like a paxton/vortech but the ease of pulley changes like procharger.
I would agree, they have an amazing kit. Install looks simple, clean, and well thought out.
Sponsored