Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
anyone able to take a look at the attached logs? Both .csv and .hpl files are attached. STFT's seem off, it looks like its pulling fuel. Not my car, just trying to help someone out but I don't know enough about logs to pinpoint what is going on. Thanks
Have you tried a Kam reset? It's absolutely needed if you have ever switched to flex fuel or switched back from flex fuel. I don't know much about it but not doing it will mess up your air fuel trims. I also noticed someone said your lambda is .75 isn't that low for gas? Correct me if I'm wrong but gas should be close to 1.0

Sorry Kevin I meant to reply to Luis. Can you tag him?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
633 whp in 7th gear on 6.5 pulley, stock cats and manifold. Only other performance mod is x pipe. Very, very happy. Not bad for the smallest G2 unit on the largest pulley.
Unfortunately they had an issue with the rpm reader so couldnt see tq and took the reading by mph only.

20211120_110405.jpg

Last edited:

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
I can post one tomorrow although I think there is a video up of someone else already. My suggestion is definitely do it if you want people to know it's modified. It's a nice whine. Not loud but audible with the car running at idle or puttering around. You cant really hear it beyond 2k rpm.
My thoughts are that
633 whp in 7th gear on 6.5 pulley, stock cats and manifold. Only other performance mod is x pipe. Very, very happy. Not bad for the smallest G2 unit on the largest pulley.
Unfortunately they had an issue with the rpm reader so couldnt see tq and took the reading by mph only.

20211120_110405.jpg

How does the bottom end feel compared to pre supercharger ?

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
How does the bottom end feel compared to pre supercharger ?
Feels like stock till about 2500-3000, after 3k it starts building boost and pulls harder than stock. Keeps building power as you go up and goes into beast mode above 5k.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Is this just a waste gate instead of the BOV?
Seems kind of nuts to compress and heat air just to blow it into the atmosphere, sounds inefficient compared to a turbo exhaust-side waste gate or a normal intake-side bypass.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
Seems kind of nuts to compress and heat air just to blow it into the atmosphere, sounds inefficient compared to a turbo exhaust-side waste gate or a normal intake-side bypass.
Exactly. Looks like a smaller pulley ( that obviously will have more volume at lower RPM). And a waste gate. I see a further benefit. Connect a boost controller and have few boost settings, even a per gear boost like I did on my STI.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Exactly. Looks like a smaller pulley ( that obviously will have more volume at lower RPM). And a waste gate. I see a further benefit. Connect a boost controller and have few boost settings, even a per gear boost like I did on my STI.
But it seems like, while the “wastegate” is open at wot at lower-mid rpm some of the engine power the blower is consuming goes to compressing (and heating) air that’s just going to be vented to atmosphere. Frankly I don’t really know if I have that right it’s just the way it seems to me.

Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Ok this makes a lot more sense. You're running like a 12 psi pulley so you have more boost down low but the waste gate limits your peak boost so you don't overboost the engine

Screenshot_20211121-123910_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
has anyone gone for the straight cut gears ? Are they unbearably loud ? Any sound clips perhaps ?
I have them. No it's not loud. You can see my dyno video it's on this thread.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm tuned with Lund and bought the tune/ngauge package deal about a year ago and got a flex and E85R tunes. Is it typical of Lund to charge an additional $500 for a FI tune?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Yes, $500 is the retune fee when going boost from n/a