Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
i emailed lund and was told BAP and ID 1050x for . my 8.5 psi pulley, but thats on a 2015 GT
Yeah, thinking lu47 should suffice for a gen3 on low boost

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
yea i went ESS based on that podcast. how hard/long was the install?
The install isn't bad although I will say that it took me longer than I expected, but that was due to catching mistakes that were made along the way that I had to go back and redo. One was a thermostat housing leak that I thankfully noticed before I got too far into the install. The other was the thermostat hose clamp was coming into contact with the SC bracket, so I had to uninstall the SC and bracket to clock it properly, both were relatively small and easy fixes but necessary one's.

Take your time and don't rush and you should be able to get through it fairly easily. I could honestly do it in a day and a half now, from start to finish by myself.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Yeah, thinking lu47 should suffice for a gen3 on low boost
I would get at least 52lb injectors to give yourself a little more headroom. In retrospect I wish I would've gone larger on injector sizing.

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Day and half? , I was thinking 4 hours top. I’ve watched the video several times. What took the longest? I’ve had my bumper off so many times I can do that in 15 mins.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Are lu47 enough to run the 6.5/7.5 psi pulley on 93 or a bap is also needed?
You should be fine without it but why not get one? Theyre not that much expensive and give you a ton of flexibility with this platform.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Day and half? , I was thinking 4 hours top. I’ve watched the video several times. What took the longest? I’ve had my bumper off so many times I can do that in 15 mins.
There isnt really 1 specific thing that take the longest, IIRC. I had my car prepped meaning injectors in, BAP done. front bumper and bellypan off, coolant drained, crash bar off and it still took me 6 hours working by myself. This is just something you dont want to rush so taking your time is important.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
LU47s on a gen 3 should be good to 11 or 12 psi because of the direct injection. On a gen 2 you will be limited to 6 psi or lower
But he's asking about with a BAP which you definitely do need for higher boost

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
But he's asking about with a BAP which you definitely do need for higher boost
But with the big 125mm pulley which is supposed to be 6.5 psi I can get away without it, right?

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
But with the big 125mm pulley which is supposed to be 6.5 psi I can get away without it, right?
I'd wait for brevin to chime in but considering the gen 2 that Cameron Alford did did not use a BAP and only upgraded the injectors to 47s I think yeah you should be fine.

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang V6 (traded)
Should be, but why not get one to be on the safe side. I got a used, but nearly brand new lethal plug and play bap for $100 locally, so I'd keep an eye out and just pick one up when I had a chance.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
There is quite a few little details that aren't discussed in the original install video, especially pertaining to the Gen3's. Brevin is working on an updated installation guide for the Gen3 specific.

My assessment on time includes:

1. installing the BAP (which takes some massaging of the factory connectors)
2. Installation of the fuel injectors
3. Mounting the intercooler and associated tubing (making sure nothing rubs or metal to metal contact)
4. 2018-up requires cutting the factory coolant hose to get it to fit with the new thermostat housing and massaging the valve cover to properly clearance of the SC bracket idler pulley
5. Properly torqueing all clamps and installing BOV
6. Installation of new spark plugs and gapping them according to tuner preference
7. Routing and installing new belt
8. Flashing the the new base map
9. Refilling coolant system and ensuring that you properly evacuate any air in the system
10. Inspecting entire installation for leaks
11. Buttoning everything up afterwards.

Rule # 1- Do not reinstall everything before steps 8 thru 10. It's bad luck to assume everything is perfectly installed and could possibly cause rework.

Again, I like to take my time and keep everything organized so nothing gets overlooked. One small mishap can screw up the entire process. Most important thing to remember is that you are adding about 200whp to your car and a you want it to be perfect, so take your time.

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Ordered my kit Friday!! G3 with 7.5 pulley , loud gear set and black blower.

it’s going on a 18 10r80 gt350 manifold , 87mm tb , LTH headers. I’ll be running e85 and low boost.
How did you order the black blower? It isn't an order option on their site and calls to the number just direct you to emails.

Thanks!
Sponsored