Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
did you log any of the runs?
First pass it went 107 to the 1/8th but had the lowest trap speed of all 3 passes. Something happened there. Could be belt slip, could be knock…
Nice passes though!
I think i just lifted early on that run. They repaved the end of the track over the winter and i wasnt quite sure where the marker was.
Sponsored

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Well, if you lifted early on your best pass of the night who knows what’s left in it 😉
Still something worth looking into IMO.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Removing the post because I do not want this to reflect badly on ESS. They have been way more than accomodating and generous throughout the process. I put in brand new LU47 injectors and the car idles fine now. I will take for a spin later tonight.

Last edited:

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Who's the tuner? Are you running a BAP at all? I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I believe running any significant amount of ethanol while boosted in the 18+ cars requires upgrading the fuel system a fair bit. Do you have a tune for just pump gas (91 or 93)? I'd try and get the car dialed in on that first then make the jump to E.

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You need to reach out to your tuner. I would definitely stop driving it. Also you should run a colder spark plug like the NGK 6510. You didn't mention if you are using a BAP. You should at minimum have a BAP. You cannot run E anything on a stock fuel system with boost. Your stock fuel system cannot push the required volume. Your tuner can help you with all of this.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
That sounds like a disaster. Stock fuel system, 47lb injectors, boost, and what seems to be a straight to some wack ethanol mix tune without any prior 93 tuning? Man I sure hope you don’t hurt that thing

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Yeah, have the tune checked/logged before you start throwing parts at it.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
who the hell tuned this disaster?

Hi everyone,

I managed to get my kit installed yesterday and was sent a tune file. I went with the gen 2 headunit larger intercooler 47# injectors and am running e54. I am having an issue with stalling and some surging below 2k rpm. I have multiple CELs indicating misfires and banks lean and rich. I drove the car for a day before installing the injectors and before a tune but stayed out of boost and it was fine albeit boring. Today I got the tune file and changed the injectors and am now having these issues. I suspect it is the injectors because they were bought second hand so I will be buying some new ones tomorrow and dropping those in. I also plan to go over the major airflow connections to make sure everything is tight. Since it had no issues with idle with the stock injectors thats why I think it is the "new" injectors. I also had about 5 gallons of 87 and put the rest e54 in but it was having problems with idle before and after. The a/f reads around 12 when cruising and dips to 11 and 10 at half throttle. After 2k rpm the car revs out fine as far as I can see and feel but the a/f stays low at 12 or below. I plan on putting the new injectors in and flashing the tune again just to be sure.

Sponsored

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I would personally start with 91, you don't have 93 out there correct, and get the car running? Then worry about running E.

The tune is from ESS. but they are not tuning the car. They just happened to have a tune that would work since they had an exact car to mine. I do plan on getting it tuned on a dyno. Their development car used e54 with 47lb injectors I also checked with 2 local tuners and that is a common setup. Yes I have a vortech BAP.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Everything is working as it should now.

I realize now my initial post about having problems was a bit premature and I should have put more thought into what I was saying. The issue was some POS injectors I bought that were sold as the LU47 injectors but in fact are something else, something aftermarket I guess. With the correct injectors in and some help from ESS the car is running great and is a savage.

I have been consistently impressed with the customer support, communication and the overall product from ESS. They provided me a tune file at no cost and they certainly did not have to do that, that was a huge courtesy to me and should show this community how much they care and want to earn our business. They explained the tune file is meant to get me going and is what they used in their car but it is conservative and not custom so a dyno tune would be best for max performance. I want to apologize to this community if I derailed this thread a bit, that was not my intent and I hope we can go back to how things were and just forget I ever mentioned anything lol.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Glad to hear you got it worked out!

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Great Customer Service by ESS

jweggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had one of the first G2 kits installed on my '16 Mustang GT back in May 2018. I put roughly 18k miles on the car over the course of the next 2.5 years and I absolutely kicked its teeth in every time I drove it. Took it to Vegas and back probably 8 or 10 times and put it through its paces every time. In those 18k miles, I think I had to replace the rear tires (Pilot Super Sports) 4 or 5 times. All that said, the car never skipped a beat. It took the punishment I gave it without a single issue the entire time. Car made roughly 670whp / 495wtq on a Mustang dyno on 91 octane at around 100 degrees in the AZ dry heat. Had Kooks longtubes and exhaust to support the blower. Only other mods were springs, wheels, and brakes. It's been a while since I did all the reading and comparing, but from what I remember, I was making around 50-70whp more than other comparable centrifugal kits with similar supporting mods, fuel, and boost levels.
Are you automatic or manual?
Sponsored