Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Interesting you went with 8 psi on 93 octane. Did anyone from ESS talk with you about that combo? I was told not to do that with a gen 3. I'm excited by your results though on e54 I'm sure it will be over 700 to the wheel
I did speak to the folks ESS recommend to do the tuning but i never asked them specifically about the 8psi pulley. Rob from PBD said 11psi is their limit for pump 93 they will tune for. I kind of suspect the car is seeing more than the 8psi the pulley I'm using claims. The boost gauge i plan to install should confirm what the kit is actually producing. Rob was happy with all the logging we did on the car so I'm comfortable with it being safe for now.
Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I did speak to the folks ESS recommend to do the tuning but i never asked them specifically about the 8psi pulley. Rob from PBD said 11psi is their limit for pump 93 they will tune for. I kind of suspect the car is seeing more than the 8psi the pulley I'm using claims. The boost gauge i plan to install should confirm what the kit is actually producing. Rob was happy with all the logging we did on the car so I'm comfortable with it being safe for now.
That's great! I'm going to try to use forscan to give me the factory boost gauge from ecoboost. Did you think about doing that?

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Impressive I wonder what one could expect with the G3 on a gen 3 maybe with a lil more boost. Price point seems good as well unless I’m missing something. How does the car drive, how does it feel?
This is my first car Ive had with a blower. Im surprised how close it feels to stock just driving around town feels. Go past more than half throttle and its another story. Im really happy with it. The power is very predictable. Cant wait to get some track times with it. I think the G3 would really need e85 to make the most of it. Im not sure how much more hp you could safely make on 93.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
8 psi is “baby” boost, even in Gen 3
In general sure but for pump gas? The people who made this kit said not to go over 7 on 93. They did extensive testing on multiple cars. He told me I'd have to take so much timing out I would lose power over a smaller pulley.

Sponsored

PayForYourGas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
You say that but the people who actually made this kit discouraged me from going higher than 7 on 93.
That’s really strange they would say that, especially for a blower comparable in flow to the P1X. The Vortech V3/Paxton 2200SL are pushing 10-11 psi on the tuner kits @ around 7500 RPM on the standard 3.6 pulley. The stock procharger pulley (4.75) is about 8.5-9 psi on stock manifolds. 10-12 PSI seems to be the max on 93 safely.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That’s really strange they would say that, especially for a blower comparable in flow to the P1X. The Vortech V3/Paxton 2200SL are pushing 10-11 psi on the tuner kits @ around 7500 RPM on the standard 3.6 pulley. The stock procharger pulley (4.75) is about 8.5-9 psi on stock manifolds. 10-12 PSI seems to be the max on 93 safely.

When I called I had said I was doing a 9.5 psi pulley and the guy at ESS talked me out of it. He said even on 93 timing would be an issue and I was better off with a bigger pulley. While they are not tuners they did work directly with Arizona elite which is their tuner of choice and at least that's what they are saying they found.

PayForYourGas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
efficiency?
Boost is boost. Blower efficiency doesn’t matter for what we’re talking about.
When I called I had said I was doing a 9.5 psi pulley and the guy at ESS talked me out of it. He said even on 93 timing would be an issue and I was better off with a bigger pulley. While they are not tuners they did work directly with Arizona elite which is their tuner of choice and at least that's what they are saying they found.
Eh, I’m going to trust the big tuners. 9.5 is very safe on 93 with good fuel. Maybe they’re thinking with 91? I’m going to guess Kevin is pushing 10-11 lbs based off his dyno.

Last edited:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
What gas are you using? I’ve found the PetroCan 94 to be the best. I will use Mobil / Esso 93 as well but it’s scarce unless your in TO or Hamilton. 94 is more plentiful.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Boost is boost. Blower

Eh, I’m going to trust the big tuners. 9.5 is very safe on 93 with good fuel. Maybe they’re thinking with 91? I’m going to guess Kevin is pushing 10-11 lbs based off his dyno.
I would agree with the statement of more than 8 psi. My guess is 11 psi.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Boost is boost. Blower efficiency doesn’t matter for what we’re talking about.

Not all boost is created equal. Its NOT just about boost pressure. IAT the blower creates matters greatly.

Example 1300 cfm at 140 degrees is far better than 1300 cfm at 200 degrees.

10 pounds with IATs at 140 degrees is way better then 10 pounds at 200 degrees.

Exactly why I previously said id like to see a centri with an Air 2 water Intercooler in the intake manifold.

A2W will drop blower temps better than A2A.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
What gas are you using? I’ve found the PetroCan 94 to be the best. I will use Mobil / Esso 93 as well but it’s scarce unless your in TO or Hamilton. 94 is more plentiful.
Usually Mobil 93 as there is a station not far from me. There's a Petro that sells 94 not far away either if im heading into London or on the way to the track in St. Thomas ill fill up there.

PayForYourGas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Not all boost is created equal. Its NOT just about boost pressure. IAT the blower creates matters greatly.

Example 1300 cfm at 140 degrees is far better than 1300 cfm at 200 degrees.

10 pounds with IATs at 140 degrees is way better then 10 pounds at 200 degrees.

Exactly why I previously said id like to see a centri with an Air 2 water Intercooler in the intake manifold.

A2W will drop blower temps better than A2A.

Agreed, but we’re talking about a centrifugal supercharger that is very similar in design to its competitors; especially the Prochargers.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Agreed, but we’re talking about a centrifugal supercharger that is very similar in design to its competitors; especially the Prochargers.
Similar doesnt mean crap if the efficiency doesnt match.

which would you pilck if one spits put 200 degree IATs at the same psi for example.

Thats the difference here. Which ones cooler?

Need compressor maps for each. I dont give a crap what the cfm is.
Sponsored