Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
I have a GT350 manifold on my car, I locked out the IMRCs on it when I installed it over the winter.
Is there a reason to lock out the imrc ? It’s not something I’ve seen mentioned before .
Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I think it just makes it easier for the tuners that way.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Have mine running. So far, no issues. Just going back and forth with PBD dialing in the tune.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Any whine to the blower or quiet? Hopefully get it dialled in quickly.
many first thoughts?

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Any whine to the blower or quiet? Hopefully get it dialled in quickly.
many first thoughts?
I wouldn't call the blower loud, but you can certainly tell its there. Got the green light to do some WOT pulls with a revised tune. I'll get those in tonight. So far just been driving it pretty civil.

Sponsored

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wouldn't call the blower loud, but you can certainly tell its there. Got the green light to do some WOT pulls with a revised tune. I'll get those in tonight. So far just been driving it pretty civil.
Well... I'm installing mine this weekend

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Well... I'm installing mine this weekend
Did you order the kit for the GT? I have the Bullitt TB on my car. The inlet tube that goes to the tb for the GT kit is meant to fit on the smaller TB on the GT's. Mine fit the Bullitt TB, but I had to put the end of the tube into some hot water to heat it up a bit and soften it up. A little silicone lubricant or wd40 on the TB as well and it slid on.

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did you order the kit for the GT? I have the Bullitt TB on my car. The inlet tube that goes to the tb for the GT kit is meant to fit on the smaller TB on the GT's. Mine fit the Bullitt TB, but I had to put the end of the tube into some hot water to heat it up a bit and soften it up. A little silicone lubricant or wd40 on the TB as well and it slid on.
I bought the G3 kit and made sure to let them know to send it with the GT350 pipe. So how's it running?

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
So...is the jury out?

Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Rob at PBD gave the green light so tuning is done on the car. It drives great so far. I'm hoping to book it in at a dyno in the next couple of weeks to see what it puts down. I know there were some concerns with the intercooler size with this blower. In my last log, I did 2 back to back WOT runs up to 110 mph. The ambient temp was 68f IATs at cruising were 75f. IATs hit 99f in the first run then got up to 102f in the second run.

I'll try and get some draggy runs in this weekend, but the weather isn't looking the best here at the moment.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Something I wanted to mention to you all. I had a nice chat with the guy who does the development and software side of ess today. We talked about my kit and changed a few things about it. For 91 octane they say do the 6psi pulley for 93 the 7 pound and you can do e54 with a boost a pump and 47 lb injectors and do 8 psi which is what I will be doing. They also offer a straight cut gear version of the headunit for more of a whine. Its mentioned in the product description but easy to miss. I'll be doing the straight cut gears as well.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Something I wanted to mention to you all. I had a nice chat with the guy who does the development and software side of ess today. We talked about my kit and changed a few things about it. For 91 octane they say do the 6psi pulley for 93 the 7 pound and you can do e54 with a boost a pump and 47 lb injectors and do 8 psi which is what I will be doing. They also offer a straight cut gear version of the headunit for more of a whine. Its mentioned in the product description but easy to miss. I'll be doing the straight cut gears as well.
Those psi figures are for the 18 up cars with higher compression correct ?
id assume the earlier lower comp might run a touch more psi ?

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Those psi figures are for the 18 up cars with higher compression correct ?
id assume the earlier lower comp might run a touch more psi ?
When we were talking it was in reference to the gen 3 you are correct. We did not discuss the gen 2 but your logic seems straight although I don't know how much more boost you could get away with exactly on pump gas with a gen 2. If you give them a call or send an email they usually reply next day.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Had it on the dyno this morning. Mine made 684 rwhp 497ft/lbs. Run was done in 6th gear. Really happy with it. I was hoping for 630-650. Hp was still climbing when they shut it down i think it could have hit 700 with few 100 more rpm.

20210507_093925_HDR.jpg
Sponsored