So far, looking very good!
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Looks good so far!

I think your goal of 650 should be easily attainable.

Dimensions of the intercooler place it in between the HO and the stage 2 Procharger intercoolers. Hard to tell from the pic of the intake of the unit just how large the inducer is. Should work fine for your goals. What’s the rpm limit of the blower?
Good luck with the install!

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
So got the kit home. Pretty happy with things so far. I had ordered the "base" G2 kit which was supposed to come with the small intercooler that is show in the video posted earlier. It looks like I got a free upgrade to the larger intercooler however as this one is larger G3 one. I took some quick pics to show the dimensions. I'm going to try starting the install on Sunday so I have the kit installed for when the injectors and plugs arrive later this week.

20210409_184515_HDR.jpg

20210409_184052_HDR.jpg

20210409_184522_HDR.jpg

20210409_184534_HDR.jpg

20210409_184456_HDR.jpg
Any update?
Which tuner you going with?

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Any update?
Which tuner you going with?
Still working on it - been tied up with work stuff so havent had much time for the car. Also had a mixup with the intercooler brackets, but ESS sorted it out quickly and they'll be here early next week. Likely going with PBD as I'm tuned with them currently. I hope to get the head unit installed this weekend so I just have to hang the cooler and button it up when the brackets get here.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I should note that my goal for this kit is simply to replace the nitrous kit I had planned on running on the car, after finding out nitrous runs $10-12 a pound around here. Last time I ran nitrous 20 years ago it was $40 to fill a bottle. I'm hoping I can get close to 650whp with it running the 8psi pully on 93. I have no plans to run E85. I have a bap and a set of Ford 56lb injectors I plan to run. I have full exhaust, and a GT350 manifold. The white Mustang in the video made 575hp on the 6psi pully on a stock gen2 motor so I don't think my goals should be to far out of reach.
Damn! last time I ran nitrous it was five dollars a pound

Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Got the bracket and blower mounted. Brackets for the intercooler came in today so I have that all installed as well. Very easy install so far with only a couple of minor issues. Had to trim a little of the coolant hose that connects to the theromstat housing. The hose was rubbing on the fan, but cut off about 3/4" of an inch off the hose and it moved it out enough to give it clearance. The belt that came with the kit was way to small. I've ordered a longer one, it should be here in the next day or two. I'm hoping to have it running for the weekend.

20210418_173228_HDR.jpg

20210418_173236_HDR.jpg

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Looking good.

Keep plugging away...

0329KonaS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I put mine on last weekend on my 2018 and had some of the same issues as you. Had to trim that same coolant hose and also had to trim some of the drivers side valve cover. As far as the belt goes mine did fit but had a second set up hands helping me put it on. I think if mine was any looser the belt would hit the alternator bolt brace used for the main bracket. This is the belt I got with mine. I’ll get it tuned Thursday. Only things I have done to the car are Injectors, full exhaust,opg and crank sprocket. I went with the LU47s. Wishing I would have bought bigger ones after reading on the forum. Other than those two minor issues the kit went on easy. Did easily on the driveway. Good quality kit. Just ready to see how it performs...
E5410010-4BA2-41F1-95FF-C8B49E0FC100.jpeg

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I put mine on last weekend on my 2018 and had some of the same issues as you. Had to trim that same coolant hose and also had to trim some of the drivers side valve cover. As far as the belt goes mine did fit but had a second set up hands helping me put it on. I think if mine was any looser the belt would hit the alternator bolt brace used for the main bracket. This is the belt I got with mine. I’ll get it tuned Thursday. Only things I have done to the car are Injectors, full exhaust,opg and crank sprocket. I went with the LU47s. Wishing I would have bought bigger ones after reading on the forum. Other than those two minor issues the kit went on easy. Did easily on the driveway. Good quality kit. Just ready to see how it performs...
E5410010-4BA2-41F1-95FF-C8B49E0FC100.jpeg
I think that is the belt i ordered. Mine came with a k061025. I trimmed the valve cover as well. I also relocated the horns lower and back to clear the air cleaner. It was really easy though just used an existing hole in the frame. Which pulley and tuner are you going with? You should be fine with the 47# injectors. When i spoke with the shop that does the tuning for ESS (Arizona speed or something like that) its all they recommend if you're staying with 91/93 octane. E85 will need larger ones.

0329KonaS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I think that is the belt i ordered. Mine came with a k061025. I trimmed the valve cover as well. I also relocated the horns lower and back to clear the air cleaner. It was really easy though just used an existing hole in the frame. Which pulley and tuner are you going with? You should be fine with the 47# injectors. When i spoke with the shop that does the tuning for ESS (Arizona speed or something like that) its all they recommend if you're staying with 91/93 octane. E85 will need larger ones.
I also did the same with the horns. The new air filter location also is a pretty tight fit once the bumper goes back on. Not much room between the bumper and wheel liner for the air filter but it works. To be honest I’m only looking for around 600whp. 650 would be nice but I don’t think I’ll be that high. The guy on YouTube that used the kit has a gen 2 coyote with the 6psi pulley and was like 20 hp shy of 600. I think it’s doable with a gen 3. I also got the 7 psi pulley. I have a dyno shop right around the corner so I’m going to use their dyno with the help of lund. Only thing I’m worried about is my IMRC is not locked out. I see a lot of boosted S550s lock them out. Are yours locked out?

Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I also did the same with the horns. The new air filter location also is a pretty tight fit once the bumper goes back on. Not much room between the bumper and wheel liner for the air filter but it works. To be honest I’m only looking for around 600whp. 650 would be nice but I don’t think I’ll be that high. The guy on YouTube that used the kit has a gen 2 coyote with the 6psi pulley and was like 20 hp shy of 600. I think it’s doable with a gen 3. I also got the 7 psi pulley. I have a dyno shop right around the corner so I’m going to use their dyno with the help of lund. Only thing I’m worried about is my IMRC is not locked out. I see a lot of boosted S550s lock them out. Are yours locked out?
I have a GT350 manifold on my car, I locked out the IMRCs on it when I installed it over the winter.

OP
OP

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Thank you both for the update. Are you by chance letting ESS know about the belt and hose issues? Or any other issues? May help them out to fix for future kits. Sending the wrong belt seems odd.

Can't wait to see how these perform!

0329KonaS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Thank you both for the update. Are you by chance letting ESS know about the belt and hose issues? Or any other issues? May help them out to fix for future kits. Sending the wrong belt seems odd.

Can't wait to see how these perform!
I did call them and talked to Brevin, atleast I believe that to be his name if I remember correctly. I had a worry about the belt rubbing against the alternator support for the main bracket. It looked real close but turned out being good. I also told him about trimming the plastic on the valve cover and cutting the coolant hose and he was well aware that had to be done. I wouldn’t say those are issues but they weren’t mentioned in the instructions at all. The instructions are kinda vague. Anyone that’s touched a car before should be able to figure it out with those instructions regardless but for someone brand new they might have alittle bit of trouble. I didn’t have any belt issues. I just had to have a second set of hands slide the belt onto the supercharger pulley while I pulled on the tensioner. I received everything i needed the first time thankfully.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I did call them and talked to Brevin, atleast I believe that to be his name if I remember correctly. I had a worry about the belt rubbing against the alternator support for the main bracket. It looked real close but turned out being good. I also told him about trimming the plastic on the valve cover and cutting the coolant hose and he was well aware that had to be done. I wouldn’t say those are issues but they weren’t mentioned in the instructions at all. The instructions are kinda vague. Anyone that’s touched a car before should be able to figure it out with those instructions regardless but for someone brand new they might have alittle bit of trouble. I didn’t have any belt issues. I just had to have a second set of hands slide the belt onto the supercharger pulley while I pulled on the tensioner. I received everything i needed the first time thankfully.
Just wanted to mention the instructions that come with the kit are pretty much the install video that is on youtube. There are a couple of additional details in the version that comes on the usb stick included with the kit, but not much. I haven't felt like I was missing anything though, the install is very easy - specially after looking over some of the install guides for some of the other superchargers out there.
Sponsored