ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

OP
OP

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
It wont, but at that price point it doesn't have to.
Do you know something about this blower no one else does? We will know soon enough how it performs and hopefully the reliability factor. Though this is a very small sample size! I think there is a definite niche for a street blower in this price range for say 100HP (Or less) and 50-80TQ over stock. For those that will never go to the track but want a blower just to have a blower. And not spend $7k-$8k or so. That new VMP kit is about there as well.

If there are problems, they should rear their head shortly after install. Or even if the install is a problem we'll know.

Good luck Dark-Alex. I'm rooting for you (Easy install ha!) and the kit! Will look nice with that orange powder coat!
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Do you know something about this blower no one else does? We will know soon enough how it performs and hopefully the reliability factor. Though this is a very small sample size! I think there is a definite niche for a street blower in this price range for say 100HP (Or less) and 50-80TQ over stock. For those that will never go to the track but want a blower just to have a blower. And not spend $7k-$8k or so. That new VMP kit is about there as well.

If there are problems, they should rear their head shortly after install. Or even if the install is a problem we'll know.

Good luck Dark-Alex. I'm rooting for you (Easy install ha!) and the kit! Will look nice with that orange powder coat!
he might not....but then again he doesn’t have to. Small intercooler means it won’t do great in hot environments or high hp, 6rib means it’s gonna hit a ceiling at some point with belt slip.

I’ve seen the races and 60-130 hits of the guy with a gen2 6r80 and this kit on IG...it moves ok for 4500 kit.

I’ve also personally ran the Camaro that does the R&D down here for ESS.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
he might not....but then again he doesn’t have to. Small intercooler means it won’t do great in hot environments or high hp, 6rib means it’s gonna hit a ceiling at some point with belt slip.

I’ve seen the races and 60-130 hits of the guy with a gen2 6r80 and this kit on IG...it moves ok for 4500 kit.

I’ve also personally ran the Camaro that does the R&D down here for ESS.
They have the larger IC option for $400 more

Screenshot_20210215-175334_Chrome.jpg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Can also go to a 10 rib setup if you want.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

It is a good option for the cost, no doubt. If at some point the quality, reliability and performance matches the big names, ESS will at that point command a matching price. I have no doubt the kit is good for the money and is a welcomed addition to the FI offerings available for the s550.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
It wont, but at that price point it doesn't have to.
On the bmw platform these G head units have proven to be very similar(if not better) to Vortech. Cant see any reason why that shouldnt apply to the s550 platform as well.
The price of this kit is actually not too low. In my opinion a centri should never cost same as a PD kit. If that happens its purely vendor markup.

Here's a good read and dyno taken from a e90 m3 forum comparing the g1 to the vortech kit:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1674956

Screenshot_20210224-160819_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Why do you think it should never cost the same as a PD?
I think objectively there are some reasons, less metal, less machine time and, I think the biggest deal is that centri companies do not have to redesign their blowers any time a new motor comes out.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Why do you think it should never cost the same as a PD?
A centri kit is much simpler: PD kit replaces the whole im, fuel rails, tb, adds water cooled/pump, twin screws tolerances...

Honestly, I find it absurd that a stage 2, black painted procharger can be so close in price to a whipple stage 2 or vmp odin complete kit.

In my opinion this ess kit is not priced too low, its just priced right.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Like mentioned before, 4500 bucks is an awesome price but not if you get 4500 performance. For those that might remember please reference Livernois’ magnuson kit for S550

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Like mentioned before, 4500 bucks is an awesome price but not if you get 4500 performance. For those that might remember please reference Livernois’ magnuson kit for S550
Where do you get the low performance expectations from?
Sponsored