Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I would lock imrc for peace of mind against any fluttering concerns
My imrc's are currently active on my stock intake with the ESS SC, no problems to date.

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
@Brevin_G4_SS do you have that pulley vs belt chart? I could not find the post again.
I would of referred you to the install manual located on the website but I just looked, they have taken the manual down for some reason.

Sponsored

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Rule # 1- Do not reinstall everything before steps 8 thru 10. It's bad luck to assume everything is perfectly installed and could possibly cause rework.
I am putting together my install checklist and am hoping you could share some insight on this part. What do you recommend for pressure testing the system before putting the bumper and belly pan back on?

At this point in the install, I’d be on the base tune and the front end of the car would be off. So even going for a drive, I couldn’t go WOT for a full pressure test. I would really hate to blow a clamp and lose a IC pipe connection or something during WOT logging.

TYIA

Last edited:

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I am putting together my install checklist and am hoping you could share some insight on this part. What do you recommend for pressure testing the system before putting the bumper and belly pan back on?

At this point in the install, I’d be on the base tune and the front end of the car would be off. So even going for a drive, I couldn’t go WOT for a full pressure test. I’d would really hate to blow a clamp and lose a IC pipe connection or something during WOT logging.

TYIA
A boost leak wouldn't be detrimental really. I've had the charge pip come off a couple times. Once even during a dyno and it was fine.

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
The ESS kits come with Precision BOV's, the old ones were Tial BOV's. Anyone able to share any videos of either BOV setup or anyone found a better BOV for the kit?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0 PP1 10r80 401
The ESS kits come with Precision BOV's, the old ones were Tial BOV's. Anyone able to share any videos of either BOV setup or anyone found a better BOV for the kit?
I’m looking for the same thing. They said the tial bov sounded just as good as the big red from pro charger.

Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I run the TiAl q50 on my Procharger set up. Very small, sound good, and work excellent.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT

You can hear mine here during the burnout - I have the tial bov on mine

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)

You can hear mine here during the burnout - I have the tial bov on mine
Sounds great! Anyone have a video of the Precision BOV that comes with these kits now?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

At this point in the install, I’d be on the base tune and the front end of the car would be off. So even going for a drive, I couldn’t go WOT for a full pressure test. I’d would really hate to blow a clamp and lose a IC pipe connection or something during WOT logging.

TYIA
The pressure test was really just a visual inspection to ensure that there wasn't any obvious leaks around the charge pipe clamping, fuel injectors, coolant leaks, but at idle the bov is open so a real boost pressure test isn't possible. You can do some light neutral revs if you have a friend to help, but I don't recommend going for a real test drive with the front bumper cover off, your tires will rub holes in your fender liner at anything above 20mph. Just tighten all t-bolt clamps to 5 lb/ft of torque and you will be fine. Make sure you use some type of grease on your injector o-rings, use blue loctite on all SC bracket bolts and the SC pulley bolt, make sure you put fresh plugs in and gap them per tuner preference. Take your time, it's not a bad install as long as you have all the tools you'll need. Double check everything you touch and enjoy!
Sponsored

Last edited: