ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Meatball

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Is this just a waste gate instead of the BOV?
Seems kind of nuts to compress and heat air just to blow it into the atmosphere, sounds inefficient compared to a turbo exhaust-side waste gate or a normal intake-side bypass.

Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
Seems kind of nuts to compress and heat air just to blow it into the atmosphere, sounds inefficient compared to a turbo exhaust-side waste gate or a normal intake-side bypass.
Exactly. Looks like a smaller pulley ( that obviously will have more volume at lower RPM). And a waste gate. I see a further benefit. Connect a boost controller and have few boost settings, even a per gear boost like I did on my STI.

Meatball

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Exactly. Looks like a smaller pulley ( that obviously will have more volume at lower RPM). And a waste gate. I see a further benefit. Connect a boost controller and have few boost settings, even a per gear boost like I did on my STI.
But it seems like, while the “wastegate” is open at wot at lower-mid rpm some of the engine power the blower is consuming goes to compressing (and heating) air that’s just going to be vented to atmosphere. Frankly I don’t really know if I have that right it’s just the way it seems to me.

kenand1988

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Ok this makes a lot more sense. You're running like a 12 psi pulley so you have more boost down low but the waste gate limits your peak boost so you don't overboost the engine

Screenshot_20211121-123910_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cajunrice

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
has anyone gone for the straight cut gears ? Are they unbearably loud ? Any sound clips perhaps ?
I have them. No it's not loud. You can see my dyno video it's on this thread.

chesster51

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm tuned with Lund and bought the tune/ngauge package deal about a year ago and got a flex and E85R tunes. Is it typical of Lund to charge an additional $500 for a FI tune?

TEXAS HEAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Yes, $500 is the retune fee when going boost from n/a

andrewtac

Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I'm tuned with Lund and bought the tune/ngauge package deal about a year ago and got a flex and E85R tunes. Is it typical of Lund to charge an additional $500 for a FI tune?
Yes

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
king daddy...

TEXAS HEAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Seems high considering they've tuned a number of these units and already have a base tune dialed in.
It's cheaper than having someone else tune it. They have to make adjustments for MAF transfer function, different injectors and I'm sure other odds and in's to make everything work like it is supposed to.

SolarFlare

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
just cuz a steak restaurant is good at making steaks don’t mean you can go in and get a Wagyu for $9.99.

Advertisement

16 - CJ Pony Parts - 1
Advertisement