Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

motoracer58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just while we are on the topic of pulley sizes and octane I would like to clarify a few things for anyone that may have any questions or concerns about pulley size for our kits.

After extensive testing we recommend the following pulley sizes for pump fuel. These are for customers that want to bolt on a kit and run it on pump 91/93 octane fuel with zero worries or issues.

For Gen 2 cars (15-17) we recommend no smaller than a 120mm pulley on 91 octane and a 115mm for 93 octane.

For Gen 3 cars (18+) we recommend no smaller than a 125 pulley on 91 octane and 120mm on 93 octane.

These are the pulley configurations that we recommend and know to be safe. Running smaller pulleys on pump gas could require the need for an octane booster.

The G3 can make slightly more boost on the same pulley as a G2. We have accounted for this and the difference is minimal. Therefore, these pulley configurations apply equally to G2 and 3.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. We will be updating the website soon to better help new and existing customers spec a kit that works for them and their goals as well as include these pulley recommendations.

Thanks!
Thanks for the info. I was curious if there was any drawbacks to using the G3 over the G2 at lower boost levels. Would the G2 make boost sooner than the G3?
Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
You'll need lu47 injectors and bap
Personally, I would recommend going with a larger injector. I'm regretting that I didn't go with FIC-1000's or ID-1050X's. It will give you pretty much all the injector you need and all that your stock bottom can handle.

...and also with a BAP

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Do you guys think all constant voltage BAPs are created equal? One better than another and if so, why? They’re all priced very similarly

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do you guys think all constant voltage BAPs are created equal? One better than another and if so, why? They’re all priced very similarly
Ive got a JMS bap as I like the idea of it not being on all the time. I just ordered the a 535lph pump so my idea is to ramp up to 18v at WOT with the JMS.

On that note, does anyone know if I need a tune with the BAP?
I know changing the injectors I will so was going to do the supercharger and injector install last.

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Ive got a JMS bap as I like the idea of it not being on all the time. I just ordered the a 535lph pump so my idea is to ramp up to 18v at WOT with the JMS.

On that note, does anyone know if I need a tune with the BAP?
I know changing the injectors I will so was going to do the supercharger and injector install last.
It will probably depend on your tuner... On Gen3's some tuner's will utilize a fuel pressure strategy in a manner that is unique to them which would allow the addition of a BAP without any additional tune adjustments, while other's may require some slight adjustment to the tune if a BAP is installed.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
No real drawbacks for the G3 other than price. It will perform equally if not better than a G2 even at lower boost levels.
So the question really is, if you’re running 91/93 at 6 or 7psi,
is there a difference in power delivery btw G2 and G3 supercharger ?
Or is it so marginal it’s not worth noting ?

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
What is your fuel pressure dropping to?

Fuel pressure on the low side drops as the rpm's climb, but not enough for the ecu to start closing the throttle to maintain the targeted afr. High pressure side is good as gold, however I do not know what PI/DI blend ratio my tuner uses. I do not believe that my lean codes and dropping fuel pressure are related, but I'm a little in limbo because there's things that need to be ruled out to solve each issue.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
What is your fuel pressure dropping to?
It drops to 37psi on the hit, which a drop in fuel pressure here is normal although exaggerated on mine. Up top it drops to 57-58psi even though commanded fuel pressure is 73psi. I'm told that this isn't good, but my afr's and stft's are stable, so idk.

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
On 93 mine stays at 68 which is demanded and on e30 drops to 58. My tuner said anything above 50 is very very safe. I know several that run dropping to 40 and have been for a while on e85.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
On 93 mine stays at 68 which is demanded and on e30 drops to 58. My tuner said anything above 50 is very very safe. I know several that run dropping to 40 and have been for a while on e85.
What pid are you measuring? Fuel lift pump pressure?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Yeah, I think 50psi is the very minimum safe zone, but anything below that and you may be flirting with disaster.
Sponsored