ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Based on what I see here, ESS is hyper-focused on 100% customer satisfaction. I'm sure they will get you swapped out with a helical unit ASAP!
Oh I'm sure as well. No doubt there. Interaction so far has been great with AJ answering 100 questions for me before I ordered.
Sponsored

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Mine was loud the first 500 miles. Its so quiet now that I cant even hear it at idle from inside the car. It breaks in a bit.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
The hardest part of this install was actually getting the belt on. Mainly because I had no good way of getting the tensioner to max release and holding it there. It took about an hour just to do that. Anyone got any super secret tricks to make this easier?
Use a longer rachet to gain leverage then you can max out the tensioner with your left hand and slip the belt on with your right hand. If your using a regular sized rachet, it's too hard to hold long enough to slip the belt over the pulley.

Sponsored

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Use a longer rachet to gain leverage then you can max out the tensioner with your left hand and slip the belt on with your right hand. If your using a regular sized rachet, it's too hard to hold long enough to slip the belt over the pulley.
Yeah I tried using my 1/2in ratchet and was barely able to do it. I probably need to go longer and temporarily remove the charge pipe to the TB (Brevin suggested that last part)

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
A breaker bar with a cheater bar (I just used the top half of my floor Jack handle) worked for me to get enough leverage

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
For anyone with the straight cut g2 that has over 1000mi on it, do you have inside/outside video clips of the sound at idle? Also anyone with the helical with over 1000mi same thing?

I have the helical on the way to replace my straight cut, but if the straight cut quiets down significantly, then maybe that's the right choice....(damn indecision!)

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
How are you guys remounting the ambient air temp sensor that is normally on the crash bar?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
How are you guys remounting the ambient air temp sensor that is normally on the crash bar?
Just zip tie it to the top of the wire loom, just make sure it is oriented so that it will read the ambient air coming into the grill.

Sponsored

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Just zip tie it to the top of the wire loom, just make sure it is oriented so that it will read the ambient air coming into the grill.
Thnx. I found some pics of how it mounts normally and was able to modify the mount a bit to fit the steeda crash bar. All good!

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Looking at the next things.....how bad do I need a catch can for this setup?

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1