ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Chads19Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt
Does anyone living in any of the hotter areas (100F+ ambient temps) have any issues with hot starts?

If temps are hot outside (100F+) and I turn the car off for about 30 minutes or so and come back the car sometimes struggles to start on the first crank (even stalls on occasion). Starts on the second try though.
Doesn't happen in the cooler months.
Was wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing

Practically the same as what's described in this thread (and a few others):
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/hot-start-issue-18-gt-w-procharger.125681/

Happening on different tunes I have so not specific to a single tuner
Are you running 93 or E85? I notice it more often on E85, my mechanic said it is because it is semi vaporizing in the rails sitting in them after shutdown just cooking in them. Mine will stutter for a few seconds but ends up idling normal with 15-20 seconds usually if it has been hot and parked for a bit on restart.

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I live in Phoenix and don't have any issues with hot starts. What injectors do you have?
Same as yours, ID1050X

No issues here at all even on e85. What fuel are you on?
I'm on E85

Are you running 93 or E85? I notice it more often on E85, my mechanic said it is because it is semi vaporizing in the rails sitting in them after shutdown just cooking in them. Mine will stutter for a few seconds but ends up idling normal with 15-20 seconds usually if it has been hot and parked for a bit on restart.
That's exactly it but mine also ends up stalling once in a while.
I'm on E85. The stumble happens rarely on 93 but more replicable on E85. Drive and get the car up to temp fully, park in the heat, restart the car after 30 mins or so (basically long enough but not so much time that the engine bay cools down) and it has a very weak/muffled startup.

This started after I installed my fuel system + rails so I'm also leaning towards the E85 vaporizing in the rails especially as the fuel system bleeds off all pressure once the car is turned off.
This is vapor lock I believe which I've seen quite a few members have.
Will test this out

Tecronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Just ordered my kit. Thank y’all for this thread that led me to hours and hours of research, many decisions and ultimately to purchase. AJ estimated 4-5 weeks on turnaround so now I just wait.

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does anyone living in any of the hotter areas (100F+ ambient temps) have any issues with hot starts?

If temps are hot outside (100F+) and I turn the car off for about 30 minutes or so and come back the car sometimes struggles to start on the first crank (even stalls on occasion). Starts on the second try though.
Doesn't happen in the cooler months.
Was wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing

Practically the same as what's described in this thread (and a few others):
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/hot-start-issue-18-gt-w-procharger.125681/

Happening on different tunes I have so not specific to a single tuner
Are you running meth injection?

I just started having this issue as it has consistentky been around 100* in Utah and narrowed it down to my meth injection (after checking a long list of things). I added a solenoid just before the nozzle and that helped a little but it will still stumble and many times stall on a warm start if it has been sitting for more than about 15 minutes. Before I moved the solenoid closer it would stall almost every warm start, now it's about 40% of the time.

Still trying to get it more or less resolved, but the meth system is the cause for me. (Started a whole thread on it)

Sponsored

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Are you running meth injection?

I just started having this issue as it has consistentky been around 100* in Utah and narrowed it down to my meth injection (after checking a long list of things). I added a solenoid just before the nozzle and that helped a little but it will still stumble and many times stall on a warm start if it has been sitting for more than about 15 minutes. Before I moved the solenoid closer it would stall almost every warm start, now it's about 40% of the time.

Still trying to get it more or less resolved, but the meth system is the cause for me. (Started a whole thread on it)
That's really interesting. Do you have any theories on why the meth would be causing the issue?
Will search for your thread

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That's really interesting. Do you have any theories on why the meth would be causing the issue?
Will search for your thread
My current thought is that I am spraying too much and it is pooling up in the intake/elbow/intercooler. And when it sits for about 15-20 minutes when hot, it is gassing off or something causing an overly rich condition on first start. Second try, fires right up after it is cleared out. I don’t have a way to be sure this is what is happening, but at this point it is all I can think of.

I thought it may be a siphoning issue but with testing solenoids and check valves the problem still occurs.

I completely removed the nozzles and deactivated the system for a few days and the problem immediately went away. Hooked it back up = hot start issues.

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
My current thought is that I am spraying too much and it is pooling up in the intake/elbow/intercooler. And when it sits for about 15-20 minutes when hot, it is gassing off or something causing an overly rich condition on first start. Second try, fires right up after it is cleared out. I don’t have a way to be sure this is what is happening, but at this point it is all I can think of.

I thought it may be a siphoning issue but with testing solenoids and check valves the problem still occurs.

I completely removed the nozzles and deactivated the system for a few days and the problem immediately went away. Hooked it back up = hot start issues.
That's a very interesting theory. I'm on E85 so I'll turn off my meth completely for a few days and see what happens.

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
Does anyone remember the recommended mileage to change the oil in the blower? I want to say 2500 miles but I can’t remember…

Sponsored

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I live in Phoenix and don't have any issues with hot starts. What injectors do you have?
Starter is going out. Will continue to get worse until it won't crank at all. Classic diagnosis symptom. Will crank when cold (not expanded and binding) but not when ran/hot.

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Starter is going out. Will continue to get worse until it won't crank at all. Classic diagnosis symptom. Will crank when cold (not expanded and binding) but not when ran/hot.
Curious since I’m battling hot start issues myself.

In my case, the car cranks and fires almost immediately gets up up to 900ish rpm’s then chokes out. I can also start it in flood clear mode (brake and gas pedal held at the same time) and it will crank just fine.

I’m assuming that would rule out the starter being the culprit? (Aside from the fact that disconnecting my meth injection also cures my starting issue)

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Curious since I’m battling hot start issues myself.

In my case, the car cranks and fires almost immediately gets up up to 900ish rpm’s then chokes out. I can also start it in flood clear mode (brake and gas pedal held at the same time) and it will crank just fine.

I’m assuming that would rule out the starter being the culprit? (Aside from the fact that disconnecting my meth injection also cures my starting issue)
Yeah, that's not starter, that's something in tune/air/spark/fuel.

I'm talking about when you cold crank the car, drive to the grocery store, come out and it won't crank. When the case/internals are hot and dragging it won't crank over. But when it's cold it contracts just enough to spin over. Classic starter on it's way out symptom.
Sponsored