Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
Any one with the straight cut gear option had any false knock issues? I was watching YouTube when dude mentioned not to get straight cut gears because it can complicate things for your tuner by creating false knock.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Any one with the straight cut gear option had any false knock issues? I was watching YouTube when dude mentioned not to get straight cut gears because it can complicate things for your tuner by creating false knock.
I speak without knowledge on this matter, but doubt they would sell straight cut if it had a issue with knock ?

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I know but a general estimate if someone had a shop do it here
$1500- $2500 if I had to guess. The ess kit sounds like a fairly easy install so I'd hope towards the lower end of that ballpark.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I know but a general estimate if someone had a shop do it here
In my small city they qouted me $1k in labor just to do a rear gear change not including parts & fluids. That was at a "performance shop" ford dealership would only ask me, "WHY?". So in my area I would assume starting at $2k is what I would assume. But then again, its one of the reasons I do all my own work. When I asked a guy that would weld axle tubes on SRAs, he would charge me $1500 & I would have to drive 3 hrs just to take it to him. I also just ended up doing it myself. So thats why I say dapends on where you live. I seen some outsanding great deals in shops like in Houston/Dallas areas. Which are 14 hr drives one way for me.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's fair. I'm in nova so Im sure its on the high end.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
In my small city they qouted me $1k in labor just to do a rear gear change not including parts & fluids. That was at a "performance shop" ford dealership would only ask me, "WHY?". So in my area I would assume starting at $2k is what I would assume. But then again, its one of the reasons I do all my own work. When I asked a guy that would weld axle tubes on SRAs, he would charge me $1500 & I would have to drive 3 hrs just to take it to him. I also just ended up doing it myself. So thats why I say dapends on where you live. I seen some outsanding great deals in shops like in Houston/Dallas areas. Which are 14 hr drives one way for me.
You're in Kansas? Go to HPR in Tennessee that's where I take my car and I'm from GA.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
You're in Kansas? Go to HPR in Tennessee that's where I take my car and I'm from GA.
Yeah SWKS. I used to look for shops. I tried a few times to go to the one in OKC which is where I think Rob Shoemaker was at, but the owner was really bad at getting back at you with quotes. Ever since then Ive done all the work on my cars. When I order this ESS kit Ill do the same. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Sponsored