Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Too close to the Bullitt.
Looking forward to seeing Dark/Bright Highland Green and Eruption Green examples together in the wild, so we can enjoy the differences and beauty of Mustangs in dark green hues.

In 1965-66 Dark Ivy Green, in 1967 Dark Moss Green and in 1968 Dark Highland Green came out. Those were one after another, and some people have a hard time telling them apart. Those of us who are dark green fans know that Ivy is darkest with little flake, DHG is lightest leaning toward gray but with more metal, and Moss has more of a gold flake and is somewhere in the middle dark to light.

For dark green enthusiasts, Ford sort of did us wrong since the first Bullitt tribute cars of 2001, not offering anything dark green that wasn't covered in Bullitt badges and sporting a stick shift. There was that little head fake they pulled with Guard, which in the right conditions resembled a dark green, but in most conditions looked like a kind of washed out DHG. I applaud Ford for finally offering a true dark green, sans/badges and available with an automatic.
:captain::flag:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Looking forward to seeing Dark/Bright Highland Green and Eruption Green examples together in the wild, so we can enjoy the differences and beauty of Mustangs in dark green hues.

In 1965-66 Dark Ivy Green, in 1967 Dark Moss Green and in 1968 Dark Highland Green came out. Those were one after another, and some people have a hard time telling them apart. Those of us who are dark green fans know that Ivy is darkest with little flake, DHG is lightest leaning toward gray but with more metal, and Moss has more of a gold flake and is somewhere in the middle dark to light.

For dark green enthusiasts, Ford sort of did us wrong since the first Bullitt tribute cars of 2001, not offering anything dark green that wasn't covered in Bullitt badges and sporting a stick shift. There was that little head fake they pulled with Guard, which in the right conditions resembled a dark green, but in most conditions looked like a kind of washed out DHG. I applaud Ford for finally offering a true dark green, sans/badges and available with an automatic.
Excellent post Bill. My 1st car was a 1966 Fairlane GTA in Ivy Green. The pic isn’t my car and it never looked this good.

1649040726765.jpeg

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP

Had a couple greens in my day from other brands. Green is not my first love for this Super Cruiser but having seen it in person on a Bronco I do believe it is going to be a showstopper when paired with the M1's lines. The bummer for me is that here in OH we average over 270 cloudy days a year. I do look forward to the upcoming days and years traveling around this great county while I look over an ever changing foreground that an EG hood will provide in more sunny climes.

Btw, your history lesson is greatly appreciated and encouraged.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Excellent post Bill. My 1st car was a 1966 Fairlane GTA in Ivy Green. The pic isn’t my car and it never looked this good.

1649040726765.jpeg
The first car I remember riding in was my uncle's 1965 Dark Ivy Green Mustang. My first "real" bicycle was a 1967 Schwinn Fastback 5 Speed Stingray in dark green with a slick rear tire. We lived on a hill and the first time I stopped hard at the bottom, I went flying over the handlebars, first front brakes on a bike and around 6y.o. I loved that bike!
schwinnfastback.com.jpg

My first car was a 1967 390GTA Mustang in Dark Moss Green.
maxresdefault-1-7-jpg.jpg

Seeing a trend here? My F150 and '04 Mustang are black, but only because I couldn't get or find a dark green, LOL!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I had a Medium Ivy Bronze Ranchero 20+ years ago, and EG fondly reminds me of it. If I were in the market for a new S550, EG would be at the top of the list.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
The first car I remember riding in was my uncle's 1965 Dark Ivy Green Mustang. My first "real" bicycle was a 1967 Schwinn Fastback 5 Speed Stingray in dark green with a slick rear tire. We lived on a hill and the first time I stopped hard at the bottom, I went flying over the handlebars, first front brakes on a bike and around 6y.o. I loved that bike!
schwinnfastback.com.jpg

My first car was a 1967 390GTA Mustang in Dark Moss Green.
maxresdefault-1-7-jpg.jpg

Seeing a trend here? My F150 and '04 Mustang are black, but only because I couldn't get or find a dark green, LOL!
I had a Schwinn Stingray with that nut crusher shifter 🥸

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
I like it even in the low light condition. Reminds me a lot of a DHG bullitt.
The Bullitt is darker - this day was overcast too though.

2453FF0B-E35E-48F2-9C4D-1CB45C11CDE1.jpeg