Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
bet so many people will be turned off by it because lazy dealers will just take photos at 6:00PM on an overcast or rainy day. See above.
but the color only looks green+metalic under harsh noon-day glare. The dealers are doing the customers a favor, IMO. Short of C&C on sunday mid-morning the color really is dark, like Dodge Challenger Green.

N4G was the best green Ford has done recently.
Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
but the color only looks green+metalic under harsh noon-day glare. The dealers are doing the customers a favor, IMO. Short of C&C on sunday mid-morning the color really is dark, like Dodge Challenger Green.

N4G was the best green Ford has done recently.

I think that's part of the draw, at least for me.

I want the color to pop in the daylight, then settle into a nice, deep dark stealthy green otherwise. N4G is a nice color for sure, sometimes it's a little much, though, some prefer being a little more understated.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
YES, GO GREEN! As an owner of a 2016 Guard Green pony, I love green mustangs. I am so excited to have another green color on the S550s. They are pretty uncommon and sales are not usually that high as many folks prefer the shades red, black, white, gray, silver and blue on their mustang. If I remember correctly, there is Guard Green, Need for Green, Highland Green (Bullitt) and now Eruption Green.. am I missing any?

If I were to buy another mustang today, I would hands down select a new Mach 1 in Eruption Green.
That is exactly what I have on order and have been waiting on for 5 months. The more I see Eruption Green in the wild, the more it reminds me of my 1967 Dark Moss Green 390GTA fastback. EG has more metal flake, and it looks to be gold flake rather than silver, and looks great!

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the more it reminds me of my 1967 Dark Moss Green 390GTA fastback. EG has more metal flake, and it looks to be gold flake rather than silver,
I think you nailed it. Dark Moss has more black resulting in an 'olive' tinge when out of direct sun. Eruption strikes me more of a Pine/dense arctic forest green.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I think you nailed it. Dark Moss has more black resulting in an 'olive' tinge when out of direct sun. Eruption strikes me more of a Pine/dense arctic forest green.
Either way, I Love It and can't wait till I can get in my EG M1 and drive it home!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't disrespect Guard like that ever again.
haha. I almost bought a Guard EB but it just doesn't yell Green near enough. More of a "that's not quite gray, what the hell is that color". I've seen 2 so far. I like primary colors and the louder the better, without going all pastel.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
haha. I almost bought a Guard EB but it just doesn't yell Green near enough. More of a "that's not quite gray, what the hell is that color". I've seen 2 so far. I like primary colors and the louder the better, without going all pastel.
As an owner of a Guard mustang, I agree with you. On sunny days I like it but most days I kind of regret my purchase as it simply looks gray which I do not like. Eruption green is the correct green color for me as it accurately resembles the color regardless of lighting conditions.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I saw an eruption green Bronco today. Love the color. I ordered an M1 in Egreen. Best green color since forest green on my 1968 Fairlane.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Don't disrespect Guard like that ever again.
Swung by the local Ford Mark Up Seller and saw a Bronco in Eruption Green and WOW, looks great! The highlights even on the showroom floor really make it Pop! It was a Retail Customer order so no Window Sticker other than "RETAIL to be removed by owner only" I wonder if the owner even knows it's their yet? I wouldn't put it past those guys to keep it in the showroom for a while, as they have no other Real Broncos on the lot, only Sport. Heck they only had 3 Mustangs total, including a Black Roush Stage 3 for $87K.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
What's the story with the faux gas cap? Is that part of the Hi-Po (ish) 4 cyl. package?

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)